1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3/4" round led lights in air dam

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 05:30 AM
Bandguy
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, that looks good!

Bandguy

Old 06-01-2014, 11:03 AM
RedDevil460
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Field Truck those lights look great. Nice job on them. I really do like these lights. 9 looks good, but I was thinking about going with 7. Also I think I'm going to get the clear lens one when I order mine.

Originally Posted by sp5937
Anyone done this to a 99? The air dam is quite different, and I would lilke to see some pics prior to ordering lights...
No but, hopefully I'll be putting them on my 02 soon, they have the same front ends. I'll definitely post pics once I get them done.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Bandguy
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RedDevil460
I was thinking about going with 7. Also I think I'm going to get the clear lens one when I order mine.
As am I. I'd like to see pictures with 7.

Bandguy

Old 06-01-2014, 04:49 PM
JEB63
Junior User
Not to be a Downer!
However is it legal to add lights to the front of a vehicle when it is on the running road?

Old 06-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Field Truck
Junior User
Play with dots. We never tried 7 but I think it will look great. Post pics when you are done.

I was under the truck today looking at the 3 running board supports for possible lights. That would be the next project.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:57 PM
bohiaa
Elder User
I did the running board lights. MAN I love them....

My Wife and I are getting older. and she fell once at night. these are GREAT.

I wired them into the dome light, But I would like for them to come on when I remote start the truck.

Not sure where to wire in to make this happen.

when I remote start. the park lights come on....

But cant wire into park lights then they would b on all time park lights are...

anyone ?

I will try to post pics if I can figure it out.

thanks ev1

Old 06-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Trophy_23
Elder User
Originally Posted by bohiaa
I did the running board lights. MAN I love them....

My Wife and I are getting older. and she fell once at night. these are GREAT.

I wired them into the dome light, But I would like for them to come on when I remote start the truck.

Not sure where to wire in to make this happen.

when I remote start. the park lights come on....

But cant wire into park lights then they would b on all time park lights are...

anyone ?

I will try to post pics if I can figure it out.

thanks ev1
Are you talking about amber marker lights along the running boards or about white light to illuminate the step while you get in?

Old 06-01-2014, 07:07 PM
bohiaa
Elder User
Originally Posted by Trophy_23
Are you talking about amber marker lights along the running boards or about white light to illuminate the step while you get in?
the white along the running board....... Sorry, that was confussing

Old 06-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Trophy_23
Elder User
the white along the running board....... Sorry, that was confussing
Kind of what I figured, because you said you didn't want them on with the parking lights, but wanted to clarify. I think dome light (like you have it) is the best solution.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:27 PM
bohiaa
Elder User
Yea. me 2. I guess I just wanted to show off a little. It would be cool to remote start the truck. and have the running board lights on too. I'm sure it can be done but I think I would have to wire into the remote start alarm system and that would be difficult.

thanks for help

ya know, after thinking about it. the remote start. makes the park lights come on. But after putting the key in and turning it. they go out. " Unless lights r turned on " so maybe it's not that hard....

If they were wired in to the dome light. AND the remote start. they wouldn't be double feed, they would just have two leads, getting power from 2 different places. I think it should work. and the wire shouldn't b too hard to find...

HUMMM !!!! got me thinking..........

Old 06-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Trophy_23
Elder User
Yea. me 2. I guess I just wanted to show off a little. It would be cool to remote start the truck. and have the running board lights on too. I'm sure it can be done but I think I would have to wire into the remote start alarm system and that would be difficult.

thanks for help

ya know, after thinking about it. the remote start. makes the park lights come on. But after putting the key in and turning it. they go out. " Unless lights r turned on " so maybe it's not that hard....

If they were wired in to the dome light. AND the remote start. they wouldn't be double feed, they would just have two leads, getting power from 2 different places. I think it should work. and the wire shouldn't b too hard to find...

HUMMM !!!! got me thinking..........
Possible, or you could put some amber lights down there also so they are on with parking lights and the other ones are on with dome lights?

Old 06-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Field Truck
Junior User
Originally Posted by Trophy_23
Possible, or you could put some amber lights down there also so they are on with parking lights and the other ones are on with dome lights?
I am going amber and tie to Dually fender marker light.....I think. Clear or amber they generate a lot of light. Main thing, step is lit up at night.

Anyone know who makes the steps for Ford?

Old 06-01-2014, 08:57 PM
bohiaa
Elder User
Ok here's Mine, sorry I was parked in back yard. Not the best pics. But you can see that the dome light is on. " I opened the door " I would like to remote start. and have them come on.........

Old 06-01-2014, 09:53 PM
RedDevil460
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Bandguy
As am I. I'd like to see pictures with 7.

Bandguy
Yeah I think it will good. I'll post some pics when I get around to doing mine.

Originally Posted by JEB63
Not to be a Downer!
However is it legal to add lights to the front of a vehicle when it is on the running road?
Not that I know of. I think you can do as many amber lights on the front as you want and as many red lights on the rear as you want. But I don't think you can have any red or blue lights on the front. And I know, at least in Ohio, there's a limit to the number of headlights/driving lights that you can have. I think its either 4 or 6. Because my Dad said on his old truck he got pulled over for having too many headlights/driving lights in the front. I think he had at least headlights and a set of fog lights as well as a few other driving or off-road lights. Can't remember if he got a ticket or not.

Originally Posted by Field Truck
Play with dots. We never tried 7 but I think it will look great. Post pics when you are done.

I was under the truck today looking at the 3 running board supports for possible lights. That would be the next project.
Yeah that's what I was planning on doing. I'll definitely post pics once I do mine. Hey what was the inspiration for the three lights in the middle? Or was it just something you tried out and thought it looked good?

bohiaa, those look great! I was also wanting to do that to mine. What lights did you use to do it? I was thinking of using LED light strips for mine.

I also want to do the amber running lights in the same spot for mine as well. I was thinking 5 per side for that. I'll probably do all these lights at the same time.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Field Truck
Junior User
Hey what was the inspiration for the three lights in the middle? Or was it just something you tried out and thought it looked good?
We thought beer made us artistic. The middle three were to tie to the existing middle three on the cab. The flank lights were a dart throw. I like your seven idea.

Quick Reply: 3/4" round led lights in air dam