General Diesel Discussion  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To roll coal or not to roll coal, that is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 10:09 AM
ssunit1
Laughing Gas
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Fellenz
Im sitting here, waiting for someone to ask why people are flaming a thread thats over two years.
Flaming is almost as annoying as rolling coal.
But its oh so much fun...am i talking about flaming or coal? Who knows..

Agreed that how its almost entertaining to see how a 2 yr old thread still gets ppl all worked up.
And even though its been two + months since the last post I had to comment how I find it interesting how this mutated into a real Kill the Planet vs. Save the Planet sort of discussion.
If pollution is going to do us all in it won't be because of what a deleted diesel or anything else this country does, lets not bring up nuclear war issues, but what the other major industrial countries do with no regulations or care about the environment.
Go Green, but don't screw with my SD!

Old 11-03-2016, 12:20 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,154 Posts
we have very strict, almost california like emission rules here in New Jersey. why? surely not because of pollution coming from our cars.
it is because of pollution coming from all the coal burning power plants in pennsylvania and the 400 million cars in new yawk city drifting over the river into jersey.
i remember back in the 80's when you could not see staten island across the raraitan bay due to pollution. that is less than 1/2 mile..
these days i can see the verrazano bridge which is around 20 miles away even when it is overcast.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:49 AM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Like you said, anyone who thinks emissions controls are worthless obviously doesn't remember the 1970s, where the haze over Denver after really heavily sanding the roads now was an all-day-everyday occurrence then.

On the flip side, a car getting double the gas mileage uses half the gas..... so maybe strangling efficiency for marginal emissions reduction is netting to a significantly worse answer.

It's almost like politicians are making the decisions instead of people not suffering from cranial-rectal impactment

Old 11-04-2016, 05:22 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,154 Posts
the funny part about that is my 65 falcon with the 289 with 4 barrel carb gets 25 mpg, and burns cleaner than the 2014 ford edge with V6 that only gets 16 mpg.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:42 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by ssunit1
I find it interesting how this mutated into a real Kill the Planet vs. Save the Planet sort of discussion.
If pollution is going to do us all in it won't be because of what a deleted diesel or anything else this country does, lets not bring up nuclear war issues, but what the other major industrial countries do with no regulations or care about the environment.
Go Green, but don't screw with my SD!
lol well what do you think bellowing out black smoke does if not hurt the planet? that's the whole point of why it's bad.that and we need to breath the same air that smoke goes into.
if it didn't hurt anything,hell we would all do it....well nah.i don't think it looks cool or fun to waste my $ even if it didn't but i wouldn't give a crap if others did it,if it were harmless.
the point is,it's not.

you can't say; well look.that's not the biggest polluter so therefore it means little if we bellow huge clouds of unburnt diesel fumes in the air because there are worse things.we all need to do our part.it all adds up.we're all responsible for leaving the place clean for the next generations.if you pass it off because there are larger plants and such causing larger problems than just 1 guy,just imagine if we all did that? together with that mentality we would contribute much more than any plant would.
we all must do our part.no ones trying to take away your SD.just use it responsible so your son can have a place to drive one too.then hopefully one day his son has a SD with a 1,000hp/2,500 ft lb,electric engine that will put our dino engines to shame

Old 12-13-2016, 10:43 PM
Bigbad7.3
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure other people have said this but to roll coal the best way is injectors and tuner, they are pretty expensive you can get a TS performance chip for pretty cheap but there are better options and I have 150/146 single shot baby swamps and the power hungry hydra, which is a great tuner, you can get nozzles for your injectors that will do it for you too. Just know that the injectors will hurt your mpg a decent amount