Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Northern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Northern Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2014, 06:29 PM
Joe

Maltman has a good reputation on FTE.Maltman has a good reputation on FTE.
want to put black plates on my 60

has any one done this? from what I understand I would need to find/buy plates from the EXACT year? or can they be within a couple years? does anybody have a pair laying around? gotta ask...

thanks guys
Old 03-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Postmaster

04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold
You still have to Regesture with DMV , I don't think the number thing back then mean much like it does now, maybe junk yard or archive DMV , I have a car buddy down the street if I see him out and about I'll ask him , he has about 12 fix up old cars, he might know
Old 03-19-2014, 10:22 PM
Elder User

ZombieSlayer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You have two options.

Option #1 is to find a set of old black and yellows and get them "de-registered". I don't remember the exact process but it was a lot of paperwork.

Option #2 (new) is to get what amounts to a re-manufactured black and yellow plate set directly from the DMV. Classic Car Owners Get A Chance At Vintage California Plates

ADDED: It looks like the black and yellow plates still need about 1100 more pre orders by the end of the year for the program to take off. http://www.dmv.ca.gov/legacyplates/index.htm (you can see the # ordered above the plate examples).
Old 03-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Joe

thank you sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04badford View Post
You still have to Regesture with DMV , I don't think the number thing back then mean much like it does now, maybe junk yard or archive DMV , I have a car buddy down the street if I see him out and about I'll ask him , he has about 12 fix up old cars, he might know
Old 03-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Joe

I forgot about the Legacy Plates...they need 7500 applicants by 2015-looks like they are up to 6458 approved orders. Blue and yellow have a long way to go. If I haven't found original plates by end of year and they have 7500 approved orders-I will go that route

thanks

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
You have two options.

Option #1 is to find a set of old black and yellows and get them "de-registered". I don't remember the exact process but it was a lot of paperwork.

Option #2 (new) is to get what amounts to a re-manufactured black and yellow plate set directly from the DMV. Classic Car Owners Get A Chance At Vintage California Plates

ADDED: It looks like the black and yellow plates still need about 1100 more pre orders by the end of the year for the program to take off. CA Legacy Plates (you can see the # ordered above the plate examples).
Old 03-20-2014, 11:22 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Northern Chapter