Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Ohio Chapter Truck of the month Rules and Tips!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 09:12 AM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ohio Chapter Truck of the month Rules and Tips!

Ok guys let me preface this by saying we may adjust things as we need for this contest. What is here is not written in stone.

We will have an entry thread and a voting thread. Post pics of your truck in the entry thread and when we have 5-6 trucks we will make another thread (a poll) for voting! Hopefully this will help promote more interaction here!!

Rules for the Ohio Chapter Truck of the Month contest:

- Must be a Ford truck
- Must be YOUR truck
- Include at miniumum the year, model, mileage
- Must have at least 10 posts to ENTER or VOTE on a truck
- You may not rally for votes
- Be sure to use photo sharing site and keep photo up into January so we can have a Truck of the Year vote!
- No bashing of trucks (especially if yours doesn't win) and no derogatory comments
- Have FUN!!!
- If you own multiple trucks, each may be submitted (this contest is per truck, not per user. See next rule)
- No more than two vehicles for any user per monthly contest
- You may submit your truck each month if you have not won TOTM for that calendar year
- Once we have enough entries (5-6 per month) in the entry/submission thread it will close and we will open a voting thread
- Submission thread and voting threads will each be open for about a week.

* Don't forget details about the truck, mods you've done, etc. and include a backstory if there is one. Everyone loves cool stories about trucks and it might just push you to the top!

** Tip: A "clean" photo is best. This means no people, no fences or poles close to the truck, no harsh shadows, weird juxtaposition, etc. Really, anything that takes attention away from the truck. A nice foreground or background can enhance your photo but it shouldn't be the focal point. Yes, I have had articles and photos printed in magazines and these kinds of things we look for when submitting pics! I know you aren't professional photographers and I'm not judging the photos that way and maybe others won't either, just trying to help you win! These are just suggestions guys. **

** Upload photos to an online photo sharing site and then posted here. If you need help I know there is a thread somewhere on FTE on how to post pics and I can find that if need be. **

Old 03-18-2014, 02:57 PM
RedDevil460
Posting Guru
All that sounds good Randy. This should be fun!

Except for one thing, I don't think there should be, or see a need for a limit on the number of trucks entered. I know right now we don't many people that frequent the OC so we might not reach the limit anyways, but to me I just don't see why there should be a limit. Maybe its because I don't really understand why there is a limit. Is there a certain reason why you decided to put a limit on the number of trucks entered each month? Just giving you some input, not bashing or anything. I think that the entry thread should be open for a week and just have a set time to get your pics, in if you want, and then have week to vote on them. Just seems more fair to me to have a set time to get them in by, and if you don't make in on time then you don't make it in, instead of getting beat out by somebody because they posted before you. Just what I was thinking.

Other than it sounds good, and I'll post up shortly. Also would it be ok if I put my Dad's F550 in too? Just because its sort of mine, and I probably like and more about that thing than he does, lol. He would get all the credit. Or would that be a no go?

Old 07-13-2014, 11:35 AM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Jon,

Sorry I never addressed that question. One reason is we are limited to 10 different selections on the voting polls anyway. So we could never do more than 10. I also was trying to get guys to spread it out some. I really didn't want to see everyone in the group submit in the first month or two and then not have anyone submit the following month(s).

Right now we are barely getting two submissions so I was thinking of a few rule changes and wanted to know what you guys thought of them.

1) We have a "closed" group - which means as the admin I have to approve any requests to join this chapter. Do we want to consider making it an open group - no one needs to be approved? This may help promote the chapter

2) and this may depend on what you guys think of #1; the "promotion" of your truck for the Truck of the Month voting. Right now you are not allowed to "promote" your truck when you submit it for voting. This is to prevent any popularity contest and to prevent our guys from spamming any other threads on FTE.

Do we want to eliminate the that rule and allow guys to promote their trucks? After all, the idea is to promote more interaction and chatter within our chapter, right?

So maybe the idea is this: we allow guys to promote their trucks but we still keep the group closed. If you promote your rig and someone not already a member within the OC wants to vote, they request to join. Then the question becomes: do we still limit them to living in Ohio. I have always thought we should allow surrounding state members to join anyway.

Please give me some feedback on all of this or if you have something else you think might help - speak up!

Thanks,
Randy

Old 07-14-2014, 11:23 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If I have to spam threads to get votes for TOTM..........I need to get a life
I know the prize is pretty substantial(har, har, har) so I can see why there might be issues.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:24 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 835 Likes on 473 Posts
Three people voted for the TWO trucks this month,

I'd say don't bother and just go thru members who are on here regularly and honor them like the ROTW (ride of the week) make it ride of the month since we have about 10-15 people here at most.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:07 PM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
I wouldn't mind doing a "ride of the month" except I don't have time to scroll through all the pics.

Maybe, then, we allow OC members to submit other OC member's rides?

I actually thought we would have to have some limits but if they are more of a hindrance then I'll remove them.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:55 AM
JOHN2001
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I live in Michigan 5 miles from ohio and spend most of my time in Ohio, my defense.

I look at the OC often to see what's going on. And when it comes to the truck of the month most of the time I see apple's next to watermelons... What I mean is it's hard to take a good looking 60s or 70s truck and try to compare it to a 90s or 2000s. Most of the time they are all good looking trucks in their own rights and imho should never be put next to each other and then be asked which one is nicer.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:06 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, like any car/truck show. Someone has to win. Not about new/old, just about what the majority likes.

Unfortunately we don't have many people around here so not a lot to pick from. Some chapters are busy, ours never really was. Maybe some years back, but not lately.