Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Freshman User

bflora is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Which Filter and Size

Moved to '1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel' section.

All,

New here, and was hoping for a bit of assistance as it relates to after market fuel filters. I recently had the 'Driven Diesel Performance' hutch kit installed (here Driven Diesel Fuel Tank / Pre-Pump Kit), and the BF1212 filter appears to have impacted my fuel pressure due to the low micron rating.

It's my understanding it has sufficient flow rating, but of the truck just doesn't have the same power it did before this mod. Unfortunately, I do not have a fuel pressure gauge, so I'm blaming the filter without any real proof it's the culprit.

Maybe I'm guessing wrong, and could circumvent the filter as a test, but thought trying something like BF7759 (aka "strainer" type) would be an easier task. Note, still have my OEM fuel bowl, with a brand new Motorcraft filter.

With all that said, is a BF1212 style the best for this set-up, and if not, what fuel strainer/filter is recommend pre-pump (OEM rail) to ensure optimal fuel pressure along with extending the life of my OEM fuel pump? I'd rather not install a Carter "assistance" pump to pull from the tank to the filter, as I first want to determine if simply adjusting the filter is the first step here.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:15 PM