1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Inquiries by the right hand seat in third row. Ford Expedtion EB 4X4

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 12:32 AM
Lauda
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inquiries by the right hand seat in third row. Ford Expedtion EB 4X4

Hello my friends in the U.S.!

I am searching for the right seat on row 3 ( see attached picture ) . Unfortunately , so was this seat rebuilt because of some idiotic avgfitsregler here in Norway . In Norway we have low import tariffs on light trucks, and it results in that it is not allowed to have seats mounted . After 10 years we can build on the car for an ordinary car (SUV ) without paying taxes to the state.

When I got the car in 2003 , then became the seat I besrkiver over -built and located between the seat and passasjersjetet . Unfortunately fasteners destroyed , and the seat can not be fixed as it is made ​​from original factory. This is tragic for me , as all the other seats are brand new and unused . Now make a wish I insert seat that is built on , but here in Norway there are no parts to get this car.

I we hereby ask if anyone in this forum, can give me some advice on where I can get a used or new seat to my 2003 Ford Expedition 4X4 Eddie Bauer. Is there such a scrapyard which specializes in Ford that I can turn to ? Or can anyone tell me where I can buy a new seat ? I know that the seats are expensive , but the cost can I take , if it proves that it can be obtained.

If someone were to sit with a detailed parts list that tells me how the seats to be mounted, so I'm very grateful for receiving this well. I will of course pay for this.

I am very grateful if someone could take the time to answer my request.
I'm one of the first days post up some pictures showing how the car looks today without seats. The car looks like a Policecar inside.

About the color: I'm not shure, but I think my color i beige leather/vinyl, mayby the car in the attached files is the same.

Thank you in advance! for your help!
Best regards from Paal in Norway.

Translated by Google Translate. I'm sorry for my bad grammar.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:21 AM
cbrown9064
Laughing Gas

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
I just put a power passenger seat in my King Ranch, so this may be similar.

The upholstery, at least in the front, has plastic sewn in to the bottom of the seat. Those plastic clips then snap on to the seat framework. If the back is like the front, you can then take your upholstery off the bad frame.

Next visit Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market. This site will allow you to locate a new seat. Upholstery is not a concern because you will use yours. Get it shipped over and swap out the upholstery and reinstall.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:09 AM
Lauda
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cbrown9064
I just put a power passenger seat in my King Ranch, so this may be similar.

The upholstery, at least in the front, has plastic sewn in to the bottom of the seat. Those plastic clips then snap on to the seat framework. If the back is like the front, you can then take your upholstery off the bad frame.

Next visit Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market. This site will allow you to locate a new seat. Upholstery is not a concern because you will use yours. Get it shipped over and swap out the upholstery and reinstall.
Thank you for yout quick answer. I would also like to thank you for the information and link. I'll send you a a picture of the seat I have problems with in a few days.

Thank you in advance!

Have a nice day!

Best Regards
Paal