Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Dad's Resto Mod Threads

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Dad's Resto Mod Threads

I just realized that many of you don't haunt the 80-86 forum and, therefore, don't have the "pleasure" of seeing my many posts in the many threads I have going regarding the restomod of Dad's truck. So, in case you want to follow along:
  • Dad's Truck Build: This is the main thread and covers everything, but especially the paint and body work, which is being done by John Keeline of Custom Design Auto here in Skiatook. Some of you know John from the car he and his buddy Lonnie Weathers run - and pit right next to you, JW.
  • Dad's Engine: This is to document the "stroked 351M" that I'm building. According to those that should know, it should give 500/500. Stanley Morton is doing the machine work, and probably the dyno runs, and Tim Meyer is providing the main parts as well as the consulting.
  • Dad's Air Cleaner: This documents the to-be dual snorkel temp-controlled air cleaner that'll sit atop the next item - whenever it gets decided.
  • Dad's Carb Choice: I'm debating, with myself in some cases, which carb to go with, and I'm trying to capture the to & fro in this thread.
  • Dad's Valve Covers: Bruno picked up some grungy cast aluminum valve covers and this documents the debate, trials, and plans with regard to finish.

And, the threads go on ad nauseam regarding many aspects of the truck as it arises from the debris of rust, corrosion, and dents that had consumed it. I'd love to have your thoughts and suggestions on this journey so please join the "fun".