New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!

KennyL, not a Ford truck driver...heh.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 12:02 PM
StratDriver
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KennyL, not a Ford truck driver...heh.

Hello everyone. My dad recently acquired a 2003 F350 PSD 6 speed manual. We thought it was a 7.3 and I did much research, the FTE forums were most helpful and full of info. Dad then finds a booklet in the glove box that has on it "6.0 Powerstroke diesel user guide" or something of that nature. I research it and find 2003 was the 7.3 to 6.0 transition. We look under the hood and finally find "6.0" on the tag on passenger side of the motor. Dad's truck is a February 03 build and has the 6.0 PSD...heh.

ONCE AGAIN, the FTE forums were most helpful in finding out what we needed to know about the 6.0 and as soon as dad gathers the stuff we're doing an oil change and fuel filters. Might check the FPR and see if it's been upgraded already or not.

The previous owner took VERY good care of this truck, he spent huge amounts of money on it in the past year including all new injectors and a new Garrett turbocharger. Still need to reference the numbers and see if it's stock replacement or one of the upgraded ones, he didn't really say. Seems to spool fairly well but dad hasn't been really hard on it. All the basic stuff, opened up exhaust and a tuner should really liven 'er up though.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for all the info that's gathered over the years and is well archived here. I learned everything I came to find without asking a single specific question, but I'm sure if I need something there will be someone here who can help.

Kenny L.

P.S. 2004 Grand Prix GTP daily 2000 Dodge Stratus toy if anyone is curious. KennyL 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3800Pro.com Forum The Purple Beast: log "Phase 2"...streetable speed runner - Project Log· Members Directory - Stratusphere

Old 03-18-2014, 09:53 AM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!!

Old 03-19-2014, 03:54 PM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Welcome to FTE