Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2014, 11:14 AM
Elder User

RedDevil460 has a great reputation on FTE.RedDevil460 has a great reputation on FTE.RedDevil460 has a great reputation on FTE.RedDevil460 has a great reputation on FTE.RedDevil460 has a great reputation on FTE.
Ok. Well runnin a little behind haven't left yet but should be leaving soon. Will probably be a little late meeting wise, but I'll be there.

I'll be wearing a black diesel oriented shirt, that you guys might get a kick out of and a white Ford hat.

Should of almost 10 people with me. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Jon: 2002 F250 4x4 CCSB XLT 7.3L Powerstroke White, Tan Cloth 270,000+ 4in Magnaflow straight pipe, TS-6position chip, 6637, HPX, Glowshift Gauges: EGT, Boost, Trans Temp, 2-3" Lift, 285/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's, stock rims, Westin bull bar, 05+ Grille w/billet insert, Prestige pocket flares, chrome door handles and rockers, Recon smoked & LED cab, 3rd brake, and interior dome lights, Pioneer FH-X700BT, Kicker speakers, 2 8" subs, WeatherTech floor mats.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:12 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

RUNVS has a good reputation on FTE.RUNVS has a good reputation on FTE.
Parade beginning now for the vegs. Ceremony will be at the filler station. We will stop back around 3:30 or 4. We were at table exact opposite corner from the grille.
'02 F-250 Super Duty 5.4L XLT 4x4 SCLB, '09 bed/gate/step/cam, '07 front conversion, SPD Y-pipe, SS dual 2.5 w/MBRP tips, Gibson shortys, PowerSlot Cryos, Hawk pads, A-pillar triple pod, optima bluetop, dual-core radiator, Bilsteins, 295/70R17 Nittos on Raceline Predators, K&N, Back Rack, SCT w/5star tunes, Warn lockouts, several anti-theft devices
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-j-TflIBAG5c/TtG6TkJ9PjI/AAAAAAAAKsQ/svk9X8Ki2No/s144/truck%2520hauling.jpg Click --->HERE<-- to join the OHIO Chapter!!
Old 03-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Elder User

RedDevil460 has a great reputation on FTE.RedDevil460 has a great reputation on FTE.RedDevil460 has a great reputation on FTE.RedDevil460 has a great reputation on FTE.RedDevil460 has a great reputation on FTE.
Ok just got there. We are standing in the ticket line. Sorry we left a little late.
Jon: 2002 F250 4x4 CCSB XLT 7.3L Powerstroke White, Tan Cloth 270,000+ 4in Magnaflow straight pipe, TS-6position chip, 6637, HPX, Glowshift Gauges: EGT, Boost, Trans Temp, 2-3" Lift, 285/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's, stock rims, Westin bull bar, 05+ Grille w/billet insert, Prestige pocket flares, chrome door handles and rockers, Recon smoked & LED cab, 3rd brake, and interior dome lights, Pioneer FH-X700BT, Kicker speakers, 2 8" subs, WeatherTech floor mats.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:17 PM
Elder User

Well had a pretty good day at the Autorama today. Went with a few friends, and my Dad and sister. There was a lot of cool cars in trucks there, they were sweet to look at. I had a good time.

I finally got to meet Randy. It was good to meet you and your son, and it was nice to finally put a face to the name. It was good to see ya, and I had a good time. Hopefully we can meet up again sometime and maybe with some more people. Did anyone else show up?

Also sorry for the confusion with trying to meet up. I got confused with the bar, and then nobody really wanted to stop. They were all a little skeptical about meeting an apparent "random" guy from the internet, to them, which I don't blame them, I was a little bit too, but I didn't really have any worries. And you proved to be a nice guy. Sorry for all the texts to, I was hoping we'd just run into each other but, that wasn't really working so I finally decided to call you, glad it worked out.

I really think that we need to try to get more people to talk on here, but I'm really not sure oh how to do that, or I guess advertise it. Just not really any way of doing it. I guess maybe part of it is that the chapters aren't the easiest thing to find, being at the bottom of the list, and probably not many people check it. Especially since its normally so quiet around here, I know I always forget to check the OC most of the time. I was going to say I wish there was a way to sort of "subscribe" to the chapter to get updates, but I just found it LOL. But I would have to say most people don't know about it. Just something I was thinking about, and throwing out some ideas.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Posting Guru

bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I missed seeing you Jon. I went back by at 3:00 and didn't see anyone. As for meeting up with strangers. I meet freightrain and bigwin through here and been to there houses both good guys. Got the new scudule for For Dragway 42 the UMTR is running there so I think that would be a good time to meet. Also Summit truck feast is a nice event. Nice meeting you Randy and son.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:43 PM
Elder User

Yeah sorry I missed ya man. I got there a little latter than I had planned on. Wanted to get there around 1:00 but didn't get there till about 2:30,lol. Then I got confused on where the bar was that Randy was talking about. I was by the food courts and in front of a bar, that I thought was the right spot, but I hadn't been to the middle of the place yet so I hadn't seen the Filling Station, where we were supposed to meet.

I think I ended up finally meeting up with Randy around 4:15 or so. We talked for a good 20mins or so along with my Dad and sister, and I signed the FTE banner.

I wasn't too concerned about meeting a stranger, there's a lot of good people on this forum, but you can never be too careful. And yesterday I had a big group with me so they were the ones that were more concerned than me.

And yeah those sound good bmulhbach. I'm up for any more get-togethers, sounds good to me. By the way, sorry, but I don't think I've ever gotten the chance to learn your name. You already know mine is Jon.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:59 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Finally got to meet a few of you guys this weekend. Many of us have been in this chapter for a LONG time but have never met. Thanks to the guys who made it out, Jon and Brian!! Good to put faces to the names and meet some good guys.

Ok, only 3 of us made it but it's a start!! I'm all for whatever excuse we can have to get together as a small or large group. This state is HUGE so if anyone wants to have a local get together even if it's just to park your trucks in a parking lot and BS that works. Maybe find a local event to meet at. Obviously we are into trucks though some prefer different models, it's still a common ground.

I propose we get as many as we can to the Ohio Meet this summer in Millersburg!! I have never seen this event posted in the Ohio Chapter but once they determine the date I plan to attend - providing we aren't fourwheeling (or repairing quads from our previous excursion) which is highly likely!!

It's in Millersburg south of Akron so anyone in Cleveland, Youngstown, Columbus is within driving distance. They set up a pull with a weighted trailer (15,200 pounds, I think it was last year) and they hook up scanners to the truck while they pull up a steep grade. You are not obligated to pull and I will not with my 5.4L, lol!

They have plenty of videos they have posted and it just looks like a good time!! For those of you at the far reaches from me, if you want to host I may try to attend but don't be surprised if I'm on my motorcycle rather than driving my truck!!
'02 F-250 Super Duty 5.4L XLT 4x4 SCLB, '09 bed/gate/step/cam, '07 front conversion, SPD Y-pipe, SS dual 2.5 w/MBRP tips, Gibson shortys, PowerSlot Cryos, Hawk pads, A-pillar triple pod, optima bluetop, dual-core radiator, Bilsteins, 295/70R17 Nittos on Raceline Predators, K&N, Back Rack, SCT w/5star tunes, Warn lockouts, several anti-theft devices
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-j-TflIBAG5c/TtG6TkJ9PjI/AAAAAAAAKsQ/svk9X8Ki2No/s144/truck%2520hauling.jpg Click --->HERE<-- to join the OHIO Chapter!!
Old 03-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Shiftoholic

Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.
Ya, it is scary at first to meet up with a bunch of strangers from the "net". I started way back in 2000 with the now extinct Powerstroke club. We all had great times together, weekend camping, 4wheeler riding, plant tours. Wow, good times.

Last time I saw Randy was 2003, 2004? We had a meet/greet up your way on 271. Was it the Ponderosa? Friendlys? Something like that. I run into Brian every year or so at a car event somewhere.

Happy to say everyone I've met have been GOOD people.

Jon, I'll be up at Thompson Dragway(your neck of the woods) a few times this summer. I'm not hard to find in a crowd(just ask Brian). Check UMTRNorth.com for my racing schedule. 2014 schedule should be on the front page pretty soon.

Millersburg is not far from my place(canton). If I'm available I'll try to show up with something.

Keep the weekend of June 21st open. The annual Ohio Vintage Truck Jamboree show is on the schedule at Ashland County fairgrounds. It is geared towards anything 25yrs or older, but it is a free show and we don't shun anyone!!! We had some group of 30's hot rods that were on tour come through Sunday.
2012 show video:
Old 03-18-2014, 09:30 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

And there is some AWESOME riding around the Ashland area!!! Good excuse for taking the bike out!

Yeah, that was Bob Evans at Mayfield and 271, LOL!! Damn, that was a long time ago, wasn't it!??? WE had 6-7 trucks show up for that one so not bad!! Wow, I may have to dig through my photos, I may have some (had film camera then I think).
Old 03-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Shiftoholic

Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.
Me and the ol Mack.
I'm on the committee and in charge of parking(thus the official orange vest)

Click the image to open in full size.

"slow" race:
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:27 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNVS View Post
Finally got to meet a few of you guys this weekend. Many of us have been in this chapter for a LONG time but have never met. Thanks to the guys who made it out, Jon and Brian!! Good to put faces to the names and meet some good guys.

Ok, only 3 of us made it but it's a start!! I'm all for whatever excuse we can have to get together as a small or large group. This state is HUGE so if anyone wants to have a local get together even if it's just to park your trucks in a parking lot and BS that works. Maybe find a local event to meet at. Obviously we are into trucks though some prefer different models, it's still a common ground.

I propose we get as many as we can to the Ohio Meet this summer in Millersburg!! I have never seen this event posted in the Ohio Chapter but once they determine the date I plan to attend - providing we aren't fourwheeling (or repairing quads from our previous excursion) which is highly likely!!

It's in Millersburg south of Akron so anyone in Cleveland, Youngstown, Columbus is within driving distance. They set up a pull with a weighted trailer (15,200 pounds, I think it was last year) and they hook up scanners to the truck while they pull up a steep grade. You are not obligated to pull and I will not with my 5.4L, lol!

They have plenty of videos they have posted and it just looks like a good time!! For those of you at the far reaches from me, if you want to host I may try to attend but don't be surprised if I'm on my motorcycle rather than driving my truck!!
Yeah it was good to meet you Randy. It was definitely a start, we've got to start somewhere, were getting there, lol. I'm up for whatever, would love to hang out with you guys. I should have more time in the summer, once I don't have school to worry about, but should almost always have the weekends open right now.

I'm really hoping that I can make it to Millersburg. I wanted to go last year but couldn't convince my Dad to take his truck, again the whole meeting up with random people off the internet again... Now that I've got my own truck, hopefully I can make it this year. Not sure if I'll pull or not, probably will, but I'm not sure yet. It sounds like a great time, and should be fun. I fully plan on going this year, and I think that it would be good to try and get as many of us from the OC there as possible. Might even help us get more people active in here.

Like I said I'm up for anything on the weekends or Friday nights, as long as its not too, too far. I'm open to ideas, whatever it is, even if its just BS'ing in a parking lot, sounds good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freightrain View Post
Ya, it is scary at first to meet up with a bunch of strangers from the "net". I started way back in 2000 with the now extinct Powerstroke club. We all had great times together, weekend camping, 4wheeler riding, plant tours. Wow, good times.

Last time I saw Randy was 2003, 2004? We had a meet/greet up your way on 271. Was it the Ponderosa? Friendlys? Something like that. I run into Brian every year or so at a car event somewhere.

Happy to say everyone I've met have been GOOD people.

Jon, I'll be up at Thompson Dragway(your neck of the woods) a few times this summer. I'm not hard to find in a crowd(just ask Brian). Check UMTRNorth.com for my racing schedule. 2014 schedule should be on the front page pretty soon.

Millersburg is not far from my place(canton). If I'm available I'll try to show up with something.

Keep the weekend of June 21st open. The annual Ohio Vintage Truck Jamboree show is on the schedule at Ashland County fairgrounds. It is geared towards anything 25yrs or older, but it is a free show and we don't shun anyone!!! We had some group of 30's hot rods that were on tour come through Sunday.
2012 show video:
Yeah a it is a little bit, but I'm good for the most part with meeting new people, would like to meet you guys too.

Sounds good Larry I'll try to get up there one night. I've never been there, but I've wanted to head up to Thompson for years now, but have never had a chance to. They have open to anyone nights on Wednesday's and have always wanted to take my Dad's truck up there, just to see what it could do, maybe I'll take mine a few times this year.

My buddy and his parents do a lot of racing up there, almost every weekend I think in the summer, at Thompson. I haven't talked to him in awhile, since he switched to online classes, but he's actually building a drag car right now. I know he's almost done with it, and I think he's done a lot to it. He had a pretty high horsepower goal, but not sure what he decided on doing, I know he got a new fully rebuilt engine though. Its an 88 Thunderbird 2.3 4 banger. I would really like to see it done, I'll have to talk to him about it.

There was a lot of cool trucks there, that video was pretty good. The Vintage Truck Jamboree looks like a good time, and pretty cool. I love all the old trucks. I think I'll try and go if I can. My Dad's old truck would be perfect to bring there, but I know it won't be anywhere near drivable by then. It runs, but is not street-able, would be cool to bring though. Someday I'll get to working on that old truck, its an 88 F250 with a lot of work done to it by my Dad, its in great shape.

That's a great looking Mack there Larry. My Dad has a few old Mack's and one Ford, dump trucks at work that would fit right in there too, but are in no where near the condition, that those were. A couple aren't bad, but there still old beat up Construction trucks. There still cool to me though.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Posting Guru

bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I ll see June is the nmca at norwalk I think its the 12-14 of June.I dont race just support If any one wants to go its a great event. I wont have my truck hope to have it done this year. with the new job working part time 40 hrs. a week now 50 still less then I was working.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Postmaster

bigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to behold
My shop is a mess maybe you all can help me clean it! LOL! That would work as a GTG wouldn't it?
Old 03-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Posting Guru

Can we keep what we find? I would like a black short bed to drive around
Old 03-18-2014, 09:16 PM
Shiftoholic

At these trucks shows, the older, greasier, beat up and well patina'd the better. We have a few "show" trucks, but you will get just as big of crowd around a barn find!
Old 03-18-2014, 09:16 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter