6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

P04DA & P2455

Old 03-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Hartwa
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P04DA & P2455

Hi Fellas...

Hoping that someone can help me out.

My F350 6.7L was in a head on collision. I fixed everything myself...both radiators, trans cooler, lines, AC, hood, fender bumper, air bags.

The truck starts fine but will not rev up in any of the gears.... it is in like a limp mode. It has a delayed rev up in neutral and park. The two codes come on soon after start up. Also I can hear like 3 thuds coming near the filter box.

I am thinking that I did not hook something up correctly...any ideas? Any common link between the two codes? It also threw a P0506 once after start up.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer...

Thanks..

Hartwa

Old 03-09-2014, 09:24 PM
WildWildWest
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd say there is some relation to the codes. The one is the indication of a derate, the other two look to do with the EGR/DPF system as a likely problem. I don't think I can be of much help here assuming you have all the sensors hooked up properly, hopefully not a PCM issue. I assume you can clear the codes and they come back immediately.

Attached Images    
Old 03-09-2014, 09:31 PM
WildWildWest
Elder User
PINPOINT TEST W: EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION (EGR) SYSTEM

Attached Images         
Old 03-09-2014, 09:36 PM
WildWildWest
Elder User
PINPOINT TEST RB: DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER SYSTEM - Part 1

Attached Images          
Old 03-09-2014, 09:37 PM
WildWildWest
Elder User
PINPOINT TEST RB: DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER SYSTEM - Part 2

Attached Images     
Old 03-09-2014, 09:39 PM
WildWildWest
Elder User
There's a good chance you are going to need this hooked up at a dealership - their computer can get a lot more information faster than any of the tools most of us keep in our home shop.

Once you exhaust what you can do above!!

Old 03-10-2014, 12:13 AM
Hartwa
Junior User
Thanks for the help.... I will start going through the steps... I think that I found the EGR valve on top of the EGR... Do you know where the filter sensor is and the PCM?

Old 03-10-2014, 07:55 AM
WildWildWest
Elder User
Diesel Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor
The diesel particulate filter pressure sensor is an input to the PCM and measures the pressure before the diesel particulate filter. The sensor is a differential-type sensor that is referenced to atmospheric pressure and is located at the exhaust system downstream of the diesel particulate filter. At key ON, engine OFF the diesel particulate filter pressure sensor pressure value reads 0 kPa (0 psi). The range of the sensor is 0-80 kPa (0-11.6 psi). The PCM calculates soot load based on the diesel particulate filter pressure and initiates a regeneration when the soot load reaches a threshold.

Attached Images   
Old 03-10-2014, 10:53 AM
Hartwa
Junior User
Thanks for all the help... I read through the first 5 tests or so and I am going to get started....

on W2 is says to check the voltage at EGRVP...I do not see that on the diagram.. Is that just saying test pin 81 and 82 to ground for the voltage? One pin being high and the other being low?

Old 03-10-2014, 01:25 PM
WildWildWest
Elder User
Originally Posted by Hartwa
Thanks for all the help... I read through the first 5 tests or so and I am going to get started....

on W2 is says to check the voltage at EGRVP...I do not see that on the diagram.. Is that just saying test pin 81 and 82 to ground for the voltage? One pin being high and the other being low?
I believe this is done with the computer connected so it's not something you can do yourself, but may be possible. In order to test the voltage the connector remains plugged in and you just wiggle the wires. It indicates monitoring the voltage output while doing that.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Hartwa
Junior User
Ok...the other tests seem to be "test the voltage between x & y" I should be able to do that with a multimeter...

I can't get past the fact that this is happening after the collison. Makes me think I got something installed wrong or there is more damage I am not aware of. I should not that the air cleaner box was cracked in the accident. I ended up poly welding that instead of replacing it. Would a poor seal across the air cleaner through this code?

Any thoughts?

Thanks...

Jeff

Old 03-10-2014, 09:34 PM
WildWildWest
Elder User
I wouldn't think so but if your MAF sensor got dirty in the air intake tube after the accident it could have an impact. As long as the airbox is sealed above the filter it shouldn't be sucking in any contaminants after repair. Did you pull the MAF and clean/check it? You can clean it with something like brake cleaner (non-chlorinated) or electrical contact spray. I have heard of a few other aerosols that have been used but can't remember off hand. None of your electrical connections got pinched in the collision?

Old 03-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Hartwa
Junior User
Not that I can see....the wire going to the air sensor got damaged a bit but I can see that the wires are still intact....wouldn't mind testing them though. I will try cleaning the sensor...

I got the truck out of the garage last night just to see if I could drive it to the dealer. Took it a 1/4 mile down the road. Found that the rpm's due eventually get up and I am able to make a reasonable speed. I might drive it to O'Reillys first to use there scanner to see if I can do the diagnostics you sent me. I think that they have one that monitors EGR senors....is there one on the market that I can buy and do this at home?

Bad news....I found that I have to drive with the steering wheel 90 degrees to the right to make the truck go straight. Obviously an alignment issue...I did not expect that it would be off that much since there was no damage to the wheels...nothing seems to be bent underneath. Hopefully they can adjust it in. Thinking I might have put the steering wheel on in wrong spot when I replaced the airbag.... don't remember.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Hartwa
Junior User
I cleaned the MAF...no help. When I was reading the instructions for the particulate filiter I noticed that it said that if you had your PCM replaced or reflashed you need to drive the truck for 5 miles. I did send the control module in to reset it after the airbags deployed..

I will try driving it 5 miles tonight...

Old 03-13-2014, 11:35 AM
FD5
Freshman User
Don't know if this has anything to do with it but since a lot of items were disconnected from the computer if may need to be reprogrammed. My 2012 6.7 would not run until computer was reset. The BCM was replaced because the parking lights would not turn off. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P04DA & P2455