1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of selling my F-250, am I crazy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 02:27 PM
jesse5
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put a front hub conversion on Ol'Yeller and let her bark.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:39 PM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What hub conversion are we talking here? lol

Old 04-03-2014, 02:57 PM
jesse5
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DynaTrac or the other one.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:35 PM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
Does anyone know if there were any other Ford trucks made in yellow that are 4WD besides the 2004 F-150's and the XL commercial trucks? Rangers and Sport Trac's don't count, I need an actual truck that can haul heavy **** and can be modded. lol As of late I guess I'm just at the point I'll keep what I have. I know I don't want to go backwards to a 7.3 since I have a bulletproofed 6.0 and I'm not sure If I want to step into a 6.4. 6.7's are still too expensive for what I want to use the truck for. I still don't like the Chevy trucks, every one of them I seem to drive makes me like them less because of either their crappy interior or the fact it feels like I'm driving a car. Dodge would be the only substitute, but 5.9's are expensive and most of them are cloth interior.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:50 PM
thomabb
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I get the itch from time to time. Then I pull 10,000 lbs. over Cresson Mountain. There is almost always a broken down rig of some denomination near the summit. I may not have the prettiest truck with the latest technology on the pass, but she hasn't let me down yet. 225k miles and still thumping away.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:03 PM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
Yea, that's the thing. For the most part this truck is built exactly the way I want it to be and I only have a few things left to go over before I'm "done" with it. It's been reliable besides 1 injector and has great power and fuel economy. It's been able to do anything I've needed to and in fact, I just pulled a digger out of the mud here at work with it this morning. I'm thinking I should just stick with what I have that works, is the color I want, and is cheap. Seems like to get a decent 6.4 you spend 25k+, and I'm not sure I want to spend that much on something I throw oily car parts in the bed or haul used tires with. I think that money would be better spent on a third vehicle than a "nicer" truck.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
2006 was the last year for Screaming Yellow as I understand it.

So that leaves you with painting one or the baby diaper poop
pearl yellow they have now.

Sean

Old 04-07-2014, 03:21 PM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
I have seen one 6.4 truck that was yellow, but it was a base model truck and most likely was a city vehicle at one point plus it had tan interior (yuck). I haven't seen orange or yellow be available to the public yet unless it's an out of commission city vehicle. Only except to this rule was the 2004 F-150 that came in two tone Blazing Yellow with gray on the bottom and the 2005 fake Amarillo and 2006 Amarillo. I've seen yellow rangers, Explorers, and Explorer Sport Tracs but those aren't what I'm looking for in a truck. I need something that functions fully as a truck. lol I don't believe you can get a truck in that pearl yellow that's out now, but I agree, it's a little gross. The thought of buying an expensive truck and painting it sounds expensive and un-appealing. Trying to do a color change on an entire truck whether it be paint or wrap will be at least 3000+ dollars which is a lot of money out of pocket just to change the color.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:37 PM
Mike189677
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
There was a brand new bright yellow F-150 at the local dealer here last time I went by like a month ago it was lifted on 35s it body kit on it and tonka stickers. They wanted like 70k for it. I didn't like it but it's new and yellow. My opinion keep the solid axles fuel mileage and power. Found link here you go.
Beach Ford Virginia Beach | Ford Dealer | Virginia Beach | Mobile Website

Old 04-07-2014, 07:21 PM
CPB1
Posting Guru
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by thomabb
I get the itch from time to time. Then I pull 10,000 lbs. over Cresson Mountain. There is almost always a broken down rig of some denomination near the summit. I may not have the prettiest truck with the latest technology on the pass, but she hasn't let me down yet. 225k miles and still thumping away.
Beautiful part of the state, I just have to ask...What rt takes you up to the summit?

Sorry about the

Old 04-08-2014, 07:51 AM
thomabb
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CPB1
Beautiful part of the state, I just have to ask...What rt takes you up to the summit?

State route 22. Take the Summit exit and go east past the prison and you will drop down the back side of the mountain on old 22. It's a beautiful ride in the fall.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:54 AM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Mike189677
There was a brand new bright yellow F-150 at the local dealer here last time I went by like a month ago it was lifted on 35s it body kit on it and tonka stickers. They wanted like 70k for it. I didn't like it but it's new and yellow. My opinion keep the solid axles fuel mileage and power. Found link here you go.
Beach Ford Virginia Beach | Ford Dealer | Virginia Beach | Mobile Website
Yea, I completely forgot about the new Tonka F-150's. They're extremely expensive not to mention they all came in the 5.0 as I would much rather have the Ecoboost. The one thing I do love about my truck is that it is durable and extremely tough, just that it rides like it is. lol

Old 04-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
One option but it take time and the willingness to do the work.
Find one that is damaged with the options you are looking for.
Because your going to have it apart you will be able to do a good
paint job and get into the nooks and crannies.The key will be finding
what you want for a price that does not blow the budget.

Sean

Old 04-08-2014, 08:56 PM
FordmanNJ
Fleet Mechanic

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by the_auto_tech
Problem with wrapping is that it's never really perfect. If I were to buy a newer truck that has a nice paint job I would feel terrible for stripping it to repaint it. Also, a GOOD wrap on a truck is going to be 3000+ dollars because of the materials and amount of real-estate you need to wrap. The thought of buying a 30,000+ dollar Ecoboost and having to put another 3000+ into it right away just to make it a color I want isn't very appealing. I would like to think the only vehicle I'd exchange my truck for is an F-150 Ecoboost.
Never said it was cheap I know. I work within the industry. I have seen the super high end work and the low end garage work. One of the guys that I deal with regularly has a nice F150 that is flat black wrapped. The truck looks so tight the way he did. The next time i see him, I should try to get a picture of it.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:44 AM
sunuvabug
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by the_auto_tech
... snipped ... I had thoughts of getting an SUV, but that would mean having to buy a scrap trailer to haul scrap and tires and I don't do it enough to need a trailer just for it. ... snipped again ... I plan on getting a car trailer at some point this year.
Depending on the car trailer you buy, it could also serve double duty as an occasional scrap/utility trailer. That way you could sell your truck and get that SUV or ... keep the truck and keep modding it. ~ bugjr ~

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my F-250, am I crazy?