Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Fireboater Fireboater is offline
Freshman User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 25
Fireboater is starting off with a positive reputation.
Leather Seats

Hi there, is the Leather in the King Ranch and the Platinum models and better that in the Lariat or is it just colored different?

Thanks John
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Go Big or Go Home! Go Big or Go Home! is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 299
Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireboater View Post
Hi there, is the Leather in the King Ranch and the Platinum models and better that in the Lariat or is it just colored different?

Thanks John
king ranch -yes plat- no..King Ranch is true untreated (chapparell)leather, much better quality than whats in the lariat..I wouldn't call what ford uses as leather more like pleather..Its cheap compared to the KingRanch leather..That should be the quality in the higher trim levels but its not..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-05-2014, 12:44 AM
Powelligator's Avatar
Powelligator Powelligator is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 216
Powelligator is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home! View Post
king ranch -yes plat- no..King Ranch is true untreated (chapparell)leather, much better quality than whats in the lariat..I wouldn't call what ford uses as leather more like pleather..Its cheap compared to the KingRanch leather..That should be the quality in the higher trim levels but its not..
...if only it wasn't that god-awful baby puke reddish brown color...
__________________

2014 F-350 SuperCab 4X4/383/4.30
1994 F-250HD SuperCab 4X4/460/5-spd/4.10 TX Flow 90 gal tanks, Rickard Bumper, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Go Big or Go Home! Go Big or Go Home! is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 299
Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powelligator View Post
...if only it wasn't that god-awful baby puke reddish brown color...
No doubt its personal preference, but I miss my KR leather, it was a much more comfortable seat than my current Lariat..Plus I loved the true leather smell..If I could have found my SD set up in KR w/6.2L I would have bought one..I saw the new 15 F150KR truck, they finally got the color combo right..That is gonna be a sweet truck in the SD KR..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Powelligator's Avatar
Powelligator Powelligator is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 216
Powelligator is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home! View Post
No doubt its personal preference, but I miss my KR leather, it was a much more comfortable seat than my current Lariat..Plus I loved the true leather smell..If I could have found my SD set up in KR w/6.2L I would have bought one..I saw the new 15 F150KR truck, they finally got the color combo right..That is gonna be a sweet truck in the SD KR..
Oh I agree. I like the feel and the smell and all that of the KR, but for me I just couldn't get past the color. I haven't seen the new color 2015 KR yet, but for me it's too late, I'm happy with my charcoal 2014.

-Joe
__________________

2014 F-350 SuperCab 4X4/383/4.30
1994 F-250HD SuperCab 4X4/460/5-spd/4.10 TX Flow 90 gal tanks, Rickard Bumper, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:45 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lariat Leather mvedepo 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 36 10-02-2013 11:47 PM
king ranch leather newBstroker 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 5 05-09-2011 07:44 AM
What's wrong with the King Ranch leather? kabcpapc Super Duty & Heavy Duty 28 05-04-2011 07:08 PM
Lariat Leathers/King Ranch Leathers Huckle berry Super Duty & Heavy Duty 18 01-02-2007 04:12 PM
King Ranch Leather Preacher150 Super Duty & Heavy Duty 37 06-23-2006 12:31 AM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup