Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2014, 09:33 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.
March Chat Thread

Hey everyone!
Starting another month!!!! This week sure has gone by quick, we get half a day off on Sundays so I am ready for a little down time. I am not a sleeper but these 11 hr days so do wear on you.

We watched the race Monday morning, the rain delay and the 8 1/2 time difference. JR sure did go great, I hope keeps up the momentum. Hope everyone is doing great !!! Talk to you soon.
Join the Georgia Forum- Click Here

Old 03-02-2014, 11:37 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.
Hey guys,
Well another weekend is over, we work everyday but the half a day off this morning was nice. A chance of rain turning to snow tomorrow afternoon, oh boy. We will be glad when it finally warms up some. I am missing that fine Georgia weather. I hope everyone is doing good.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:57 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Hey Everyone,
We had a section photo done the other day, this is one of us cutting up. I am the one pretending to drive. That's about as close to driving a real civilian vehicle as I am going to get till I get home. We are always doing something so that Polaris is always on the move somewhere around camp. Still a little cool in the mornings and evenings but it gets nice for a little while during the middle of the day.
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2014, 11:41 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Man we were busy all day long. I approved 2 more new members to the Georgia Forum tonight, welcome to Grizzly4x4 and GaMachinist.

Took a trip the other day to one of our outlying camps and we went thru downtown Kabul. I thought Atlanta drivers were bad, and these folks can not drive a lick. I will try and post a pic or two tomorrow. You all have a good rest of the weekend!!!!

Old 03-09-2014, 10:59 PM
Posting Guru

460 FORD MAN has a good reputation on FTE.460 FORD MAN has a good reputation on FTE.460 FORD MAN has a good reputation on FTE.
Hey Chief, glad to hear everything is good. The last time I was on, you were back at home. Now I guess you're back at it. Any progress with your truck?
Old 03-10-2014, 11:16 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

No,
It was a crazy year I was home, sort of home. They moved me to a unit in North Georgia and I worked there during the week and I was only home on weekends. I got this gig to come back to Afghanistan with my new unit so here I am.

Long days but usually something different everyday so I it's not so bad. I am in a great section and we work together to get stuff done. So far this week we have fixed a bobcat, a 15 yard bucket loader, a John Deere Gator and a Mercedes truck. I am also the Senior Maintenance Officer for the camps in the Kabul Capital Area. The days goes by quick so I am not complaining.

I am thinking about retiring so if I do then I will work on the truck on a regular basis.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:37 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Hey guys,
Well the last 3 days have been horrible, Started out as misty, changed to snow and then rained for the last 2 days non stop. The helicopter landing pad looks like a swimming pool. Like a 3 acre swimming pool. Had 1/2 a day off on Sunday and ended up sleeping most of it. I won't know what to do with an entire weekend off once I get back. That's right, I'll have lots of honey do's to get completed.

Not looking like he is going to sign for troops to stay so the work load is starting to pick up getting stuff shipped out of here, days go by quick so I'm not complaining. I am taking my physical fitness test on Saturday so I can get promoted. Been going to the gym and running almost everyday, my knees are killing me. Hope everyone is doing good and talk to you soon.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Junior User

BrockGrimes is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not sure if this should be posted here, feel free to move it. But since we're in GA check out summit racing's event calender, there are several car shows and one specific to Ford's.

http://www.summitracing.com/expertad...dnews/calendar
Old 03-23-2014, 10:30 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

I would love to go but I don't think the Army will let me go home from Afghanistan to go to a car show.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:20 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

I have approved two more members for the Georgia Chapter, I have to say that your guys reasons to request has to be some of the most memorable.

I'm not so sure how much Grantville we can take... Welcome....MWJ1973 and Red Voodoo. Headed out the door to run supplies thru bad man land to one of our outposts.

Old 03-30-2014, 11:03 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Hey Guys,
All is going good here. The attack on the voting complex is not far from our Base Camp. We could hear the explosions and the gun fire. It sure didn't take long for it to show up on CNN. Hope everyone is doing good.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:40 PM
Senior User

Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
SouthernBronco
Another Weekend Recovery

Got a call Sunday afternoon, this is what we found.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:32 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

What a sight to see, I guess he over guesstimated the ability of his truck. That sure did look like some very deep and soupy mud. It's good to have friends when you have the wrong truck!!! Man I sure do miss the pines and scrub brush of home. The weather here the last 2 days has been pretty decent, A little nippy in the morning but pleasant most of the day, only thing now is the dust. I have been fighting an upper respiratory infection for the last week. We are 8 1/2 hours ahead so I will start an April thread tonight after work.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Senior User

Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
SouthernBronco
I guess it didn't help matters much that I went through it a few times on Saturday.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:49 PM