Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2014, 09:25 PM
Senior User

d-day is starting off with a positive reputation.
Right on thanks
Old 03-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Postmaster

joshofalltrades has a good reputation on FTE.joshofalltrades has a good reputation on FTE.
Note that most fuel pumps won't survive very long pumping oil. For my filtering and transferring of oil outside the vehicle, I found a power steering pump from an 80s Toyota pickup, mounted it to a board with an electric motor next to it and a belt between them. I use a garden hose on the suction side.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshofalltrades View Post
Note that most fuel pumps won't survive very long pumping oil. For my filtering and transferring of oil outside the vehicle, I found a power steering pump from an 80s Toyota pickup, mounted it to a board with an electric motor next to it and a belt between them. I use a garden hose on the suction side.
I'd like to see this set up
Old 03-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Postmaster

joshofalltrades has a good reputation on FTE.joshofalltrades has a good reputation on FTE.
I'll take a pic of it next time I'm at the parents house where that pump currently is. The pump I'm using is one that originally had a suction hose to a remote reservoir, and it's original bracket has a flat side in the right area to easily bolt it to a board.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:41 PM
New User

10thMountainMechanic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshofalltrades View Post
Sounds like a great idea to me! my 12v pump really suffers when i run unheated oil through it. I mounted a 2nd pump purely for the reason my 1st pump couldn't handle all the oil it was trying to push.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:03 AM
Freshman User

The FNG is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry to direct off site, but oilburners. net and thedieselstop. Com have tons of info on WMO and how to's. I may also have $30 report on PDF...
Old 04-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Senior User

Do you think I can get a copy?
Old 04-14-2014, 12:25 AM
Freshman User

The FNG is starting off with a positive reputation.
As soon as I candy get pm privaledges you can send me your email and I'll get it to you!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:17 AM
Senior User

Right on thanks
Old 05-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Senior User

Nudnik is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have 2 friends who ran only filtered oil for over a year before they got a centrifuge setup. They learned quite a few lessons the hard way & one of the biggest lessons is running the right mixture so the fuel pump doesn't burn out quickly. This is a lesson they are still learning (to some degree) but their engines (2001 7.3L Diesels) ran fine (albeit a little smokey) on some really nasty WMO. Centrifuge is by far the way to go but even then we're running it now at 85%/15% - WMO/RUG (aka Regular Unleaded Gas). I have a Walbro GSL-392k fuel pump that seems to be working just fine (approx. 5k miles). We only have 1 tank in our trucks so we don't start/stop on diesel like some suggest.

As far as filtering it to run, I will ask them what kind of filter setup they used but I know they spent a decent amount of money on replacing filters as often as they needed to keep their WMO clean. Their smallest filter was a 1 micron filter & I know they let their WMO settle twice during the filtering process. If you have any specific questions about filtering, let me know & I'll ask them what they did since all I know about is our centrifuge setup.

2001 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab w/7.3L Diesel

Old 05-06-2014, 11:06 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels