FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
March 2014 BS Thread

I'll leave this right here....

Old 02-28-2014, 06:51 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 857 Likes on 456 Posts
Looks like March is going to come in like a lion. Let's see if it goes out like a lamb.

Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2014, 01:00 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
This Sunday evening and going into Monday morning is looking like we could get the biggest snowfall of the winter yet!

Old 03-03-2014, 09:56 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Well, for us, we only got about 3 to 4 inches. You guys south of me (which is most everyone but Ryan) looks like you got a lot more! I just hope there wasn't much sleet before it switched to snow.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:15 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
Well, for us, we only got about 3 to 4 inches. You guys south of me (which is most everyone but Ryan) looks like you got a lot more! I just hope there wasn't much sleet before it switched to snow.
We only got around 5" over less than 1/4" of ice and around 1/2" of sleet. No power out around us, but the snow got deep enough the roads are still snowed over.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:56 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I lost power for about a half hour. That was this morning with no bad weather happening. Not sure if it was an accident or a line drop, was somewhat widespread, other family members in different areas of NKY were out of power at same time. I did get the day off from school.

Even as an adult I have a happy dance when getting a snow day. LOL

Old 03-03-2014, 04:53 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
We got a good deal of snow. News is giving the official count at 7".

Ice/sleet, idk about.

No power losses I know about, but there was 1 house fire in the county last night. No idea on the cause.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:16 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

2014 Upcoming Events

There are a number of non-FTE cruise-ins and shows coming up in Kentucky. You can check them out here:

The Cruise Night Page - Upcoming Events

Apparantly there is a huge monthly cruise-in in Somerset every summer month called the "Somernites Cruise" that has hundreds of cars. It's literally a car show every month. You can learn more here:

Somernites Cruise - Home

Happy cruising.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:28 PM
TheDangerRanger31
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, finally have time to post on here again. Been busy with school, baseball, and injury recovery from baseball. I have a situation with my ranger that popped up last night. It has a 4.0 and 4x4 and is an auto. I started it up yesterday evening and turned on the parking lights and fog lights. When I did that the truck acted like it had the key turned off and right back on in a matter of a second. As in engine stuttered, dash lights cycled and then went back to normal. Turned the lights off and back on, did the same, when I got home I turned off the key and the lights. When I opened the door the truck basically went dead. It has no power at all now. Any ideas on what could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:43 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

I would check the obvious places first. Remove, clean, and reinstall the battery cables. Check the neg. cable where it's grounded to the truck. Check the pos. cable where it's connected to the relay. You might also check to be sure the cable connectors themselves are making contact with the cable. Cables do sometimes go bad.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:24 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Are the fog lights aftermarket? Check the ground and power for them, sounds like you might have a short somewhere. Made any changes or jumping the truck that might have damaged the wires possibly?

Old 03-07-2014, 09:40 PM
TheDangerRanger31
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lights are stock. Haven't done a thing to damage any electrical. Im leaning towards something wrong with the battery or alternator.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:52 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Originally Posted by TheDangerRanger31
Lights are stock. Haven't done a thing to damage any electrical. Im leaning towards something wrong with the battery or alternator.
The battery could have shorted out. Hooking a battery charger up to it then turning on the lights and seeing if they come on may shed some light on that possibility. If they still don't come on, then do what Ken suggest. Probably the biggest electrical problem that plagues vehicles are faulty grounds. And those ground wires aren't necessarily just the ground cable off the battery. The OBS trucks with the 7.3PSD's are at the point now where a lot of the factory ground wires running from the frame to the body or the motor to the body are giving owners problems. Electricity is a funny thing. It will find the path of least resistance. I've heard of guys having problems with their trucks, and replacing the burnt out bulb in the brake light that's in the back of the cab solved their problem. Actually, if that solved the problem, what likely happened, was that replacing that bulb allowed whatever needed electric, was getting it's ground through that bulb/light fixture. It was back-feeding through the light bulb.

Old 03-08-2014, 11:38 PM
79FordBlake
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We got a lot of snow and ice here. Finally almost gone now. Road by the house was horrible for 3 days. I cleaned it up a little with my tractor. Snow plow truck finally made it all the way down it and cleared it.

Been tinkering on the Bronco lately along with restoring a tractor for the neighbor. I've been laid off since Thanksgiving.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:33 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
John, funny you mentioned that. I had a thunderbird and one day it would start but I could not get it into reverse. Three hours later I noticed that as my dad stepped on the brake that the third brake light didn't light up. Took it apart and saw the bulb was blown/shorted out, snipped the socket and car shifted into reverse and everything worked fine. Got back home and hit Airport Ford for a new lamp socket.

Quick Reply: March 2014 BS Thread