6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Biggdogg heads

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 11:05 PM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 02-28-2014, 05:07 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
No, but we know a lot about the guy doing the video--LMAO.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:29 AM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

Originally Posted by npccpartsman
No, but we know a lot about the guy doing the video--LMAO.

My sarcasm meter is pegged right now... . I'm guessing he not well received around here...

Old 02-28-2014, 06:33 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Shaneb75
My sarcasm meter is pegged right now... . I'm guessing he not well received around here...
Anyone that recommends green coolant in a 6.0 isn't received well, not to mention a lot of other crap he talks. Do you know what he priced those heads at? I just couldn't bear to listen to him. O-ring/fire ring heads are typically very expensive and a PIA to install correctly on a 6.0.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:56 AM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

Anyone that recommends green coolant in a 6.0 isn't received well, not to mention a lot of other crap he talks. Do you know what he priced those heads at? I just couldn't bear to listen to him. O-ring/fire ring heads are typically very expensive and a PIA to install correctly on a 6.0.

I think it was 950.00 per head with a 300.00 core per head. Oh and a one year subscription to his website or something along those lines.

I have never heard of fire rings before...

Old 02-28-2014, 06:59 AM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

Other than a POS 6.0. What other application would fire rings be used for?

Old 02-28-2014, 07:01 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Shaneb75
Other than a POS 6.0. What other application would fire rings be used for?
High HP or boost applications that would push a normal gasket out.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:08 AM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

High HP or boost applications that would push a normal gasket out.
Thanks Tim! I was thinking race engines, still wasn't sure..

Old 02-28-2014, 08:00 AM
KIDkiser
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
He is quiet the character,but the videos I have saw he recommends ford gold coolant.as for o'ringing the heads I never had any luck with thaton my nitrous race engines we always o'ring the block and use copper gaskets.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:26 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Originally Posted by KIDkiser
He is quiet the character,but the videos I have saw he recommends ford gold coolant.as for o'ringing the heads I never had any luck with thaton my nitrous race engines we always o'ring the block and use copper gaskets.
He may have changed his recommendation on the coolant, but he didn't used to recommend the gold. I think there are others here that will back me up and if I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it. I, as well as a lot of others, know that he put out a lot of misinformation and maybe he's learned like the rest of us.

AFA the heads go, I know of several people that have had varying results on 6.0 o-ring heads. It's pretty hit and miss.....

Old 02-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

I find it strange that I can't find anything good or bad about the heads. Maybe he hasn't sold any??

Old 02-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Shaneb75
Strokin Okie

AFA the heads go, I know of several people that have had varying results on 6.0 o-ring heads. It's pretty hit and miss.....
That's good to know.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:11 AM
Bullitt390
Certified Thread Hijacker

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
I didn't watch the video but I'm guessing the discussion is Ol' Bill... He has always recommended Ford Gold for the 6.0.

It's the 7.3 that can use normal Green.

Josh

Old 12-25-2014, 07:58 PM
sholsten
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This Bill seems very knowledgeable & worked hard to get these heads right. He was ready to give up on doing head jobs due to the number of returns. It was killing his profit. What does it hurt to see a crack or two if they holdup without issues. I'd work with him in a New York minute.
<mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&q uot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%& quot;,&quot;smart_buffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quo t;:&quot;Start playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot; ,&quot;desktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line &quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;onl y_notify&quot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Esti mated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Gl obal Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_ on_your_browser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Vid eo Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered &quot;,&quot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quo t;off&quot;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_ for_this_site&quot;:&quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot; :&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quo t;:&quot;;&quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quo t;,&quot;adblock_interferance_message&quot;:&quot; Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Cal culating&quot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&q uot;,&quot;will_start_buffering_when_initialized&q uot;:&quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_in itialized&quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Comp leted&quot;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Bu ffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot ;,&quot;hr&quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&q uot;Min&quot;,&quot;sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quo t;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Don ate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;pref s&quot;:{&quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quo t;soundNotification&quot;:false,&quot;logLevel&quo t;:0,&quot;enable&quot;:true,&quot;loop&quot;:fals e,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlay&quot; :false,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayO nBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercenta ge&quot;:25,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:fals e,&quot;quality&quot;:&quot;default&quot;,&quot;fs hd&quot;:false,&quot;onlyNotification&quot;:false, &quot;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;saveBandwi dth&quot;:true,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,& quot;turnOffPagedBuffering&quot;:true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

Old 12-25-2014, 08:08 PM
Rusty Axlerod
Lead Driver
Received 136 Likes on 80 Posts
I get a 404 error on the link.

Quick Reply: Biggdogg heads