Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2014, 10:49 PM
Junior User

Crazyotto1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
A/C hose seems to kink

Ok, I just put a complete new A/C system in my truck, the new hose that comes off the back of the compressor and attaches to the filter drier tank seems to kink a little bit. I didn't feel comfortable and thought maybe the hose was made a little off and went and bought another hose assembly. When I installed the new hose that one also seemed to kink in the same spot. I ended up wrapping some electrical tape around the hose and put a hose clamp over the kink to hold the hoses shape but after it got hot under the hood it seemed to kink just after the hose clamp I installed.
What should I do? Should i pay a shop to replace the hose and charge the system so it will be under warranty if it kinks and burns up my new compressor? Should I buy another hose from a different auto parts store and hope it works better? I'm planning a trip with the family and will be needing the A/C.
Thanks for the help,
Crazyotto1
Old 02-27-2014, 01:56 AM
Senior User

whitetmw has a very good reputation on FTE.whitetmw has a very good reputation on FTE.whitetmw has a very good reputation on FTE.
I would have the supplier replace the hose. If it's a direct fit system it shouldn't have a kink.

There is more to worry about than the compressor. Every thing both low/hi sides will have excessive pressure if the hose kinks which can adversely affect seals, condenser, accumulator, evacuator, "O" Rings, ect.

Other option would be to have a hydraulic shop cut and re-couple the hose or purchase an OE hose.

Either way the system will need to be charged.

You've spent both money and time - I don't like to waste either.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:56 AM