6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Annoying F250 Noises

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 08:06 PM
crazyduck
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annoying F250 Noises

I can't say enough how beneficial this forum is on fixing issues with my truck. I just ordered some latex surgical tubing and am getting ready to fix the rattling noise in my rear door by using the Epic's Door Seal Mod. Hopefully this will take care of that issue.

One more annoying noise though. Has there been any fixes to the buzzing window noise that is coming from the front passenger side. If the wind is blowing right and i'm running over 50mph, at times get a loud buzzing noise and really bugs me. Something is vibrating and at first i thought i had a speaker going out but found out that wasn't it.

I've called my dealer and informed them of this and asked if they've heard of this but of course they haven't and this usually means the won't do anything besides look for recalls or something. I have the noise recorded and scheduled an appointment with my Ford Dealer but again, they won't do anything most likely.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Phil-turbodiesel
Cross-Country
Crazyduck, I have not come across this one (yet), if I hear anything I'll shout back.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:37 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Check the door seal, there's a seal from the front of the door by the mirror that goes up along the roof that sometimes gets folded over.

Make sure the antenna boot on the antenna is right.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:03 AM
Rod Bensken
Senior User
It's the trim around the window. Right now I have a straw stuck in there and it works. Going to have the dealer look at it when she goes in for her service next month. Mine is on the drivers side. There used to be a video this noise on youtube, don't know if it's still there.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:48 PM
crazyduck
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Rod Bensken
It's the trim around the window. Right now I have a straw stuck in there and it works. Going to have the dealer look at it when she goes in for her service next month. Mine is on the drivers side. There used to be a video this noise on youtube, don't know if it's still there.

I found that video and it's on the Diesel Power forum and called Buzzing Noise, I think.. The video is the same sound that mine makes. Taking it to dealer on Monday but i'm sure they won't replace the window seal just based on my recording of the noise on my cell. I sure hope they do though.

Door seal, i'm doing the epic's door mod once my tubing comes in.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:24 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only annoying noises I can attest to are my friends (with other brands) over the radio when we're in a caravan: "Hey slow up!"

Old 03-06-2014, 03:25 PM
crazyduck
Freshman User
My local dealer told me to bring it in and they would check in out in the shop. I had to explain to them over and over that it had to be windy or running 65mph the enterstate to make it happen. All they will do is drive it around town and i had to explain again that this will not re-create the sound. I actually have it recorded on my phone. I contacted ford by IM to see if they could help me but again, no help..... I finally found a dealer 45 miles away that will go out for a test drive with me. I'm amazed how hard it is to get something like this fixed when i have numerous recordings and testimonials from others with the same problem and fixes. It's the window seal. What a pain!!!! My local dealer said their mechanics don't get paid when leaving the shop and this is why they won't spend any time on the road with me.. BS!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Hdslider
Postmaster
They dont get paid to go for a drive. They are on commission. But the service manager can ride with you or drive it.and then tell the tech yes it has a problem. From this area. They do have means of looking up by symptoms and see what has been the repair.