2012 Explorer windshield wiper problem - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > 2011 & Newer Explorer
Sign In
Register Forgot Password?

2011 & Newer Explorer Discuss the all new redesigned Ford Explorer

2012 Explorer windshield wiper problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2014, 07:02 AM
New User

Down South 1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2012 Explorer windshield wiper problem

My wipers are not working properly in intermittent positions and sometimes will not shut off. The problem is getting worse and is very annoying.

Sometimes when the wipers are turned off, they still run in the lowest intermittent setting. Sometimes when in any of the intermittent settings, the wipers stay on in the lower constant setting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sam
Old 02-26-2014, 08:11 AM
Official Ford Rep

FordService is a splendid one to beholdFordService is a splendid one to beholdFordService is a splendid one to beholdFordService is a splendid one to beholdFordService is a splendid one to beholdFordService is a splendid one to beholdFordService is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down South 1 View Post
My wipers are not working properly in intermittent positions and sometimes will not shut off. The problem is getting worse and is very annoying.

Sometimes when the wipers are turned off, they still run in the lowest intermittent setting. Sometimes when in any of the intermittent settings, the wipers stay on in the lower constant setting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sam
Hi Sam,

It sounds like it's time to bring this to the attention of your dealership so they can help. Let us know how things go; give me a shout via PM if you need my assistance following your appointment. Be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership so I can start investigating options.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
Old 02-14-2015, 04:14 PM
New User

BrandowRE is starting off with a positive reputation.
Same problem!!!

Did you ever figure out what was causing this?? I am having the same issue with my 2012 explorer and it's making me crazy. I have resorted to never turning the intermittent switch! My husband accidentally turned it and they have been on since yesterday. I have taken it to get checked twice and they say they can't fix it unless it's happening when they check it. I'm so annoyed at this point.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:50 PM
Official Ford Rep

FordService is a splendid one to beholdFordService is a splendid one to beholdFordService is a splendid one to beholdFordService is a splendid one to beholdFordService is a splendid one to beholdFordService is a splendid one to beholdFordService is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandowRE View Post
Did you ever figure out what was causing this?? I am having the same issue with my 2012 explorer and it's making me crazy. I have resorted to never turning the intermittent switch! My husband accidentally turned it and they have been on since yesterday. I have taken it to get checked twice and they say they can't fix it unless it's happening when they check it. I'm so annoyed at this point.
Welcome to the forum, BrandowRE. How many miles are on your Explorer? I'll see what I can do to assist.

Crystal

Old 02-18-2015, 08:29 AM
Post Fiend

jdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputation
IMHO - one or two posts for an issue is not always an issue ...

check the ip address and see if it resolves to General Motors | Official Global Site | GM.com
13 F350 Platinum 6.7 CCSB , 13 Explorer Sport 3.5 Twin Turbo 365 hp Ecoboost. Gone: 12 MVP Destiny 355RE 5er,12 F250 6.7 CCSB Grey Metallic Lariat w/ Ultimate Pkg,05 Ex 4x4 6L,03 Ex 4x4 6L,02 Ex 4x2 7.3L
Old 06-25-2015, 09:12 PM
New User

Kacooper is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unhappy Wipers continue to run intermittently

Has a fix been determined for this problem yet? Does anyone know if the ford dealer can fix and if they will fix at no cost?
Old 06-26-2015, 08:39 AM
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacooper View Post
Has a fix been determined for this problem yet? Does anyone know if the ford dealer can fix and if they will fix at no cost?
Hi Kacooper,

Welcome to the site! Your dealer's service manager will be in the best position to tell you if a particular repair can be made under your warranty. How many miles are on your Explorer? I'm here to help!

Crystal

Old 06-26-2015, 08:43 AM
New User

Kacooper is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have 46K mile on the Explorer. Crystal, you seem to be monitoring this site on a regular basis. Are you an employee of Ford?
Old 06-26-2015, 09:48 AM
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
I have 46K mile on the Explorer. Crystal, you seem to be monitoring this site on a regular basis. Are you an employee of Ford?
Hi Kacooper,

Yep, I'm a member of Ford's Social Media team. We have folks on Facebook, Twitter, and forums like this one. I've been with Ford for about three years now. If you decide to head to your local Ford Dealership for diagnosis, let me know so I'll be able to check out some ways to assist.

Crystal

Old 06-27-2015, 05:25 PM
Postmaster

87 XLT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
The manual that will tell you how to test the MFS/multifunction switch is around 30 or 40 bucks at helminc.com. I don't know about your 2012, but on most Fords getting to, testing and replacing the MFS is pretty simple.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:25 PM