Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Junior User

Dave 64 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dana Part Numbers.

Hi All,

Has anyone else run into what seems to be an anomaly with Dana Part numbers?

I am referring to two seemingly identical components for the same Ford F100 4X4 disc brake front ends. I have one set here that have the following number(s) stamped on the steering arm, C37936 R (for R/H side) then 1457 UF.

The other set have the number 620169 R (for R/H side) then no further number BUT does have the small Dana diamond logo.

I have both on the bench in the garage, bolt holes, patterns, both SEEM to be identical in every aspect except these numbers.

I have written to another member in the States who knows a bit about these, but I am beginning to think that we are possibly a few years behind when it comes to pinning down exact years of manufacture. I have struck the same thing on other parts of this forum trying to identify specific year models. not meant to be a crticism, just makes it a pain in the butt sometimes. What was SUPPOSED to be an Oz assembled 72-75 F100 4X4, now seems to be the later 1976-1980 version. And no, I only have the front end removed from the vehicle for another project, so unless casting/part numbers mean anything, I am at the moment, stymied. Yet going by the exploded views of schematics on this site, at first glance doesn't seem to compute! Workshop manuals for this period and vehicle 1976-1980 Ford F100 4X4 disc brake open knuckle seems to be a bit hard to locate, have tried several libraries, hunted in swap meets, badgered my usual contacts, so far no luck. Was hoping someone who reads these columns will point me in the right direction. Chap in the States ,Rich, has been most helpful so far.

Thanks for any help, Dave 64
Old 02-22-2014, 04:36 PM
New User

oz71BBroadster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey, this may prove my stupidity but I was always under the impression that ford oz did not release an oz assembled 4wd F100 prior to 1976/77 i.e. The cortina dashed utes. Any four paw variant prior to that model would have been a non ford sanctioned import. That doesn't help your predicament with the Dana casting numbers, but may explain the lack of detail available regarding this model range in oz.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Junior User

Dave 64 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah, thanks.

Maybe it's simply that I am not making myself clear enough.

Since speaking to the bloke who sold me the complete front section, he ASSURES me that it is the 1976-1980 Ford F100 4X4 Dana open knuckle, disc brake front end. Don't know how to describe it any more than that.
Really only concerned with the components from the axle tube pivot points (i.e. upper and lower balljoints) OUTWARDS! As in backing plates, caliper mounting brackets, spindles, rotors and steering linkages.

Cheers, Dave 64
Old 02-23-2014, 05:21 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter