Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2014, 05:21 PM
Elder User

Pool Runner has a very good reputation on FTE.Pool Runner has a very good reputation on FTE.Pool Runner has a very good reputation on FTE.
Compass in app screen started reading incorrectly?

Flipped to the app screen in the center display, I think most refer to it as the "off-road" screen.

Anyway was descending a 4% grade, when it showed 17% once I got down to level ground it never went back to 0% and stayed at 7% even on level ground.

Going to disconnect battery and let sit for 10-20 minutes and re-check.

Does anyone know where the control box, is located for this feature? Not really a big deal, but I would expect the feature to function properly at 6k miles.

Put 32k miles on my 2011, with same feature and it wasn't a problem ever.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Elder User

Pool Runner has a very good reputation on FTE.Pool Runner has a very good reputation on FTE.Pool Runner has a very good reputation on FTE.
Reset battery for 20 min, re checked off-road screen. Still stuck at 7% when on perfectly flat and level ground.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Elder User

Ok, not happy and not encouraging. Stopped by dealer on the way to a job site, to just jog their brain and see what they think. My service advisor was extremely nice and accommodating, despite my impromptu visit.

He had a tech look at my truck, in hopes there was something that could be easily re-set. Turns out the tech said while they have been trained on the trucks gyro sensors, they have never had to fix one.

My service advisor asked if I bought a Ford ESP warranty? I said no, I thought when I purchased a $52,300 truck from Ford it included the kitchen and bathroom sink. He said this as apparently you don't get rental coverage, when you bring a three month old truck in for an issue, with only 6k miles.

Paid $29k for my wife's Subaru and they practliy insist you take one of their Subaru loners for the inconvienice. This is my third new Ford in a row since 2010, and I'm feeling sick to my stomach over this right now over this.

I know it's a silly gimmicky app in the center screen, and not something effecting drive ability, but it bugs me to no end something on my truck is not working as designed.

Because I work out of my truck, I simply cannot just be out of my truck right now, without another truck to drive.

2013 Subaru Outback, 2.5i, Limited
Old 02-20-2014, 06:40 PM