2015 + Expedition & Navigator 2015 + Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

2015 Expedition info

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 09:52 PM
montecarlo31
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
You should visit the F-150 forum occasionally before making posts like this.
why? I don't drink the coolaid like the majority of ecoboost owners. Drive a 6.2 and then come back and talk to me. I love the look on ecoboot guys faces as you handle them everywhere and turn in almost identical mileage. Ever wonder why they don't have the ecoboost in the raptor?

Old 03-14-2014, 05:50 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by montecarlo31
why? I don't drink the coolaid like the majority of ecoboost owners. Drive a 6.2 and then come back and talk to me. I love the look on ecoboot guys faces as you handle them everywhere and turn in almost identical mileage. Ever wonder why they don't have the ecoboost in the raptor?
I'm not a koolaid sipper, in fact, Ford has disappointed me to no end with certain things. My point being, there aren't as many unhappy ecoboost owners as you may allude to. I understand that your area is a hot, humid part of the country and you say that the ecoboost doesn't do well there. I've had mine up and down the East coast from extreme cold to extreme hot and nary an issue with 36K on the clock.

What does make me mad about the ecoboost program is that I feel that Ford rushed it to market as much as a year before it was ready to deploy. Ford did do extensive testing in the cold, at altitude and extensive testing on a perfect oval at Daytona but, they should have spent some time in La, or on the Tx coast where the heat and humidity levels are extreme.

After all the issues with the 6.0 and 6.4, there should have been enough "'lessons learned" that the 3.5L should have hit the ground practically flawless.

We all know that the Expedition will never be rated to pull 11K so with that, I feel that the 3.5L will be a perfect fit for that truck. I am disappointed that the 5.0L doesn't seem to be an option, unless I missed that part.

One thing that I think that 99% of the folks will agree on is that he 5.4 has gotta go. If all a person cares about is endurance and engine life than the 5.4 will fit the bill nicely.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:26 AM
ep3_lol
Freshman User
You've said this a couple times but you haven't been clear on what sucks.
Throttle response and fuel mileage while towing are the main complaints, aside from reliability issues with the intercooler. For that, you get better mileage while not hauling anything (which for most people means driving it daily- let's face it, that's where the majority of mileage people rack up on them happens). If you (not you specifically, just in general) are so concerned about mileage though, why are you daily driving a half ton pickup truck? Is it really that important that you only have one vehicle? If you just want to, then sure, go for it...but that's a mindset I really don't understand.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:12 PM
EPI-911
Senior User
Well I must say that I am beyond disappointed with Ford as of late.. Kudos for the exit from near bankruptcy without a handout from Bush and Obama. Congrats for fighting the leaches and the Union Reps but wtf are they doing.

First they Kill the Excursion the FIRST Truck/SUV with purpose and style with a real diesel motor. It's helped me run my business and my growing family. I've had three over ten years!!

Next Ford Kills the Ranger a perfect solution for my company to give to its techs, and now they then kill the Econoline Van.

Now they royally screwed the look of the Navigator hands down its the worst looking exterior ever. I actually have sold my Excursion, and I have been honestly looking at the new Caddy for the simple purpose of a modern look with a real motor with power to go.

Ford if your engineers are here reading this listen to your customers, take note of the complaints WE the ones who HELPED YOU Out of Bankruptcy, WE Secured your Finances. NOT Allan's ONE FORD PLAN. We are your customers your telling to go to another brand because FORD doesn't want to build a Navigator or Expedition with a V8, how hard is it to add the motor lineup from the F150, why not make it an option on the L to have the 6.2L V8.

Why not bring back the Excursion, you know there are numerous upfitters now rebuilding Salvaged and New Super Duty's to retrofit them to Excursions because there IS A Demand and NEED for these vehicles. Trying to build Fuel Efficient vehicles for Soccer Mom's is great but what about those who want real useful vehicles that we can count on for years. Last time I checked these vehicles are as much as a third of some peoples houses. Heck Im buying a Navigator available now simply because I DO NOT want a V6 turbo or no turbo. Its still only a V6.

Why not instead come up with functional technology in your vehicles to increase MPG. GM uses Cylinder Deletions on Highways, they Offer Hybrid Tahoes with both Gas V8 and Hybrid. Why Ford are you throwing in the towel and saying oh we cant think well enough to bring out more efficient drivetrains, and we dont want to risk spending any money to build a more efficient V8 or other options so were going to adopt a One Size Fits all Viewpoint.

Sorry Ford, You need to REALLY LISTEN To your customers fast before you see yourself on the other side of the coin again.. Allan's gone you think your new CEO can bail you out a second time around... I think not... I am a very very Loyal Ford Fan who's blood Bleeds Blue. But its time you smarten up and think about more than just the UK, EU, and China Markets. Dodge is looking pretty nice right about now, GM's not too far off, heck even Hyundai is looking pretty dam good right now. It will be a sad day if I end up clearing my fleet out of Fords and my driveways no longer overrun with Ford Emblems.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:09 AM
nojoke327
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not going to disagree with you, in fact I will agree with just about everything you said. The problem is that we, here on the forums, are an almost insignificant amount of people when it comes to numbers sold. And although we may disagree, ford sees their products selling and that's all they care about.

Besides looks, why are you so against the ecoboost? I've never driven one and I love a v8, and like you bleed blue but things change. Imagine what people thought when a motor car came out and they had to get rid of horses, or when Japan started selling here, or when big blocks went away, or carburetors went away. I'm sure people kicked and screamed and said they would never buy a car again but here we are with new cars, that get better mpg, are safer and 6 cylinders that can tow more then big block diesels did 20 years ago.

Just some food for thought.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:16 PM
limitedex
Freshman User

One thing that I think that 99% of the folks will agree on is that he 5.4 has gotta go. If all a person cares about is endurance and engine life than the 5.4 will fit the bill nicely.
Good point and truthfully, that's precisely why I like the 5.4L.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:35 PM
nojoke327
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't think the 5.4 needed to go. I like my 3v. I think more power would have been nice but with the right gears there isn't much that motor can't handle in the srw world

Old 06-29-2014, 09:34 PM
johnkn
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here we are approaching July, any hard facts on release dates, options, etc?

Old 06-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Ford'05HG
Elder User
Originally Posted by BaitGuru
Problem, I wanted limited slip (the test vehicle didn't have it.
Ford dropped the limited slip several years ago when these trucks got the traction control standard. It automatically grab the slipping wheel with the brakes and in turn swaps the power to the other wheel. The guys that told you they had one know nothing about the vehicles they sell like most salespeople I've met. One guy told me the 2013 Expedition I was testing had a 5.0L in it. Had to teach him a few things

Old 06-30-2014, 10:58 PM
Ford'05HG
Elder User
Originally Posted by nojoke327
I didn't think the 5.4 needed to go. I like my 3v. I think more power would have been nice but with the right gears there isn't much that motor can't handle in the srw world
I agree and I think there is a lot more they could've done with cam phased versions of this motor. I mean they automatically open the valves longer when under stress, that's perfect for boost.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:08 PM
Ford'05HG
Elder User
Originally Posted by johnkn
Here we are approaching July, any hard facts on release dates, options, etc?
I talk to my local dealer yesterday and they said expect to see them in around October.

As for options I know they have a new suspension system called CCD (continuously controlled dampening). I guess it rivals GMs magnetic suspension. Should be cool to see.

They also get the "SelectShift" 6r80 which gives you full control of your trans if you choose. Not sure if it includes the cool feature that the SD has where you tab the brake and it locks out a gear and downshifts. That would be killer however.

It also gets Hill Descent Control like the Raptor which I think is pretty nice. Maybe people will actually start driving these things offroad more. I hate not seeing any videos of these SUVs doing what they're good at.

And along with the new dash you'll be able to get the ambient lighting that changes colors. I'm glad to finally see that in these vehicles myself.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:56 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Well Ford lost the sales with me. The wife and I couldn't stomach buying a 2014 Expy with the same tired old tech.

We bought a 2015 Tahoe instead. Even the base LS model has more tech and gets better MPG's than any Ford I've ever owned. My Tahoe city MPG's rival the highway MPG's the 2008 Expy got. The Chevy displacement on demand or whatever they call it is amazing. Drops into a V-4 every chance it gets

I hope Ford really hits a home run with the 2015 Expy for y'all still interested in one.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:28 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.

I can't believe that people are still buying GM products after all the people that they screwed.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:15 AM
bunky383
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tylus
Well Ford lost the sales with me. The wife and I couldn't stomach buying a 2014 Expy with the same tired old tech.

We bought a 2015 Tahoe instead. Even the base LS model has more tech and gets better MPG's than any Ford I've ever owned. My Tahoe city MPG's rival the highway MPG's the 2008 Expy got. The Chevy displacement on demand or whatever they call it is amazing. Drops into a V-4 every chance it gets

I hope Ford really hits a home run with the 2015 Expy for y'all still interested in one.
Hopefully they have the oil consumption / piston ring failure problems figured out in the AFM system. Good luck

Sent from my Z10 using IB AutoGroup

Old 07-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Ford'05HG
Elder User
I like the idea of the ecoboost because of all the videos I've seen of f150s doing less than 5 sec 0-60s on YouTube. It's a real performance motor

Quick Reply: 2015 Expedition info