Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sway bar and shocks with V/B swap

Old 02-16-2014, 06:10 AM
TIUSER
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sway bar and shocks with V/B swap

Ok, I have read ALOT about the V/B spring swap, I don't believe I read it all, but pretty close. WOW, there is a lot of info on this site about that topic. My questions are in regards to first the sway bars, and second the front shocks.

So, first off lets tackle the sway bar questions. I am installing the 30mm rear sway bar like in this thread https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...on-part-s.html
Will those end links (3C7Z5K484EA) work (are they the correct ones)when I finally do the V/B swap?
Also, will the stock FRONT sway bar end links work with the V/B swap?

Caryt recommends the dual front shocks with the V/B swap. Are any of you running dual fronts with V10? Is it overkill for a v10? I am not discounting what caryt says at all, most of the threads and posts (that I read) that are using duals have PSD.
I could just ask caryt directly but I thought I would post these questions here so to help others that may have the same questions.

Truck info; 2002 v10 Limited 4x4. Using stock front bumper.

thanks in advance.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:16 AM
jamesbfishin
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been running single Bilstein Heavy duty shocks (blue and yellow) under my truck with modded X-codes and modded B-codes for 1 1/2 years now, no issues at all with a 7.3. Cant answer the question about the rear sway bar, my truck didnt come with one and I dont believe I'll be adding one, very little body roll with the mod B's back there. Many guys swear by them but its all personal preference. As for the front links, yes they should work provided your bushings are still good, Im running modded X-codes up front that gave about 4" lift if memory serves correctly, no issues with stock links. Hope this helps

Old 02-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
dual shocks are a gimmick unless you are really off-roading or hauling some serious loads. if you are just running around town, stay with singles

I have quad shocks up front. It did firm up my ride quite a bit. I'm fine with that...but I know a lot of people have issues with a truck riding like a truck

as far as sway bars, I'm looking for one locally. after my rear spring swap and quad shocks up front, the X rides completely different. I have virtually zero body lean in corners and I find myself entering corners at times much faster than I should because of that.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by TIUSER
Ok, I have read ALOT about the V/B spring swap, I don't believe I read it all, but pretty close. WOW, there is a lot of info on this site about that topic.
Lots to read, aint it?

Truck info; 2002 v10 Limited 4x4. Using stock front bumper.
Excellent job providing proper info so we can weigh in with our opinions!

The posts by James and Ty have got ya covered. I'll just add this: I have a single Bilstein shock on the front of my V coded 7.3L PSD. It's my wife's daily driver and our designated tow rig (10k lb travel-trailer). The shock has been there since '06 when I installed it and I'm happy.

Stewart

Old 02-16-2014, 01:45 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I will say this though, the quad shocks do look cool. I used $20/each Monroe shocks for my setup. I figured that with their power combined they could do just as good a job as $100+/shock that you'll get using Bilstiens/Rancho

Old 02-16-2014, 04:09 PM
TIUSER
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jamesbfishin
As for the front links, yes they should work provided your bushings are still good, Im running modded X-codes up front that gave about 4" lift if memory serves correctly, no issues with stock links. Hope this helps
I am replacing the bushings with ES bushings.

Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Lots to read, aint it?

Stewart
Oh man there sure is!!

Originally Posted by Tylus
I will say this though, the quad shocks do look cool.
Yes they do.

Ok, so to sum it up, stock endlinks and single Bilsteins up front is what I will do then.
Thx for the input