Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Kentucky Chapter Member

EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbb1951 View Post
We enjoy the NASCAR races, but the best seat is at home in front of the TV.
I have to agree. I used to like going to the track, but not anymore. I still like live concerts though.

Kentucky Chapter Member
Old 02-16-2014, 09:27 PM
Junior User

GMbusa is starting off with a positive reputation.
I drive a silverado daily. It's all good. I'm not a brand guy, im a hot rodder
Old 02-16-2014, 09:32 PM
Carpenter Local 745

khadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud of
I knew this would hit FTE.

I had to giggle when I saw the smoke and flames coming from the trunk.

My first thought was aftermarket equipment in the trunk must have created the

fire.

Join the Hawai'i chapter *HERE*
Old 02-17-2014, 06:08 AM
Senior User

Peter Bird has a good reputation on FTE.Peter Bird has a good reputation on FTE.
Peter Bird
Gonna say, this thing looks like an Australian exported Holden commodore?
Old 02-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Posting Guru

carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Bird View Post
Gonna say, this thing looks like an Australian exported Holden commodore?
It is ( a re-badged GTO/G8).
Old 02-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Posting Guru

carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I cannot agree more... But the cheapest seat in the house remains at $90 for the Cup races, but that part is never mentioned in those emails... What goes around comes around.
I pretty much gave up watching professional sports during the first Major League Baseball strike. I have a hard time fathoming grown men making millions of dollars chasing around a ball/puck etc. when they used to do it for the love of the sport, competition, camaraderie, etc. for FREE. They can build their empires without me. Besides, now I have more time to do more important things (like posting here).
Old 02-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Posting Guru

DR Smith has a good reputation on FTE.DR Smith has a good reputation on FTE.DR Smith has a good reputation on FTE.
Nascar

It's gone to the dogs, What the hell is things like lucky dog, wave around . trash cautions , green white checker , the chase , and races so late at night you can't stay up and watch them . How about Danica and now Dillion wining the pole . I wonder about the size of the restrictor plate they where given . Even the TV coverage sucks , I miss Benny , Ned , and Baker , and could they make it any harder to get the channel the races are on . If I want to see a lot of the side stuff I have to up grade my package , is it really worth it when the only passing is done on pit lane . what's up with a 4 door pace car , aren't there any sporty cars left in the world ? Also I would like to see some real emotion from a driver after a race , remember when they would get out of the cars , all covered in oil and dirt with their uniforms open to the waist , hair messed up , and a can of beer in one hand , the trophy girl in the other. Then there is the talk , how many time do we hear , [ I hate it that that happened ] or [ I mean ] , Its like Nascar has a driver education speaking guide they have to follow . It is said things happen in threes , maybe next time it will be Nascar itself burning down .
Old 02-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Postmaster

Doc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Smith View Post
It's gone to the dogs, What the hell is things like lucky dog, wave around . trash cautions , green white checker , the chase , and races so late at night you can't stay up and watch them . How about Danica and now Dillion wining the pole . I wonder about the size of the restrictor plate they where given . Even the TV coverage sucks , I miss Benny , Ned , and Baker , and could they make it any harder to get the channel the races are on . If I want to see a lot of the side stuff I have to up grade my package , is it really worth it when the only passing is done on pit lane . what's up with a 4 door pace car , aren't there any sporty cars left in the world ? Also I would like to see some real emotion from a driver after a race , remember when they would get out of the cars , all covered in oil and dirt with their uniforms open to the waist , hair messed up , and a can of beer in one hand , the trophy girl in the other. Then there is the talk , how many time do we hear , [ I hate it that that happened ] or [ I mean ] , Its like Nascar has a driver education speaking guide they have to follow . It is said things happen in threes , maybe next time it will be Nascar itself burning down .
I thought the same thing about the restrictor plate. WAY too big of a coincidence. They love the big story. I know quite a few crewmembers. They all say that if the fans knew what goes on behind the scenes, they would never watch another race. I sit here and I think about all the big names from the 60's, 70's, 80's, and even the 90's. Very few of them would fit the "pretty boy who says all the right things" persona. In the old days, when two drivers got into a clash, they either crashed each other out of the race or just beat the hell out of each other in the pits. Nowadays, they send nasty "tweets" or apologize via "text message". Hell, didn't that one little snot literally "tweet" during a red flag in the 500 a couple years ago? They're all just pretty boy wimps nowadays.
1997 F150 XLT, 4.6L
2008 F250 XLT, 6.4L Powerstroke
2011 Expedition EL
Old 02-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Posting Guru

firstrider is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.firstrider is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The man I helped ( Pete , owner ) & his son (Barry , driver) in the Fla. super late model traveling show grew up with the Allisons when they were starting out in S. Fla.Pete was with Ramoc racing for yrs. Bob & Dick Rahilly & Butch Mock .They also started out in S. Fla.We ran one ot their engines in the Super Late Model .It was stout . 635 HP.
Pete was sitting next to Bill France at Daytona one yr. in the VIP box . Pete commented on the race . Bill said " Don't forget , it is just a big show . "
Pete's sister works for NASCAR in the customer relations & promo area . I hear alot of inside gossip , news , & runors .
1994 Dodge Ram Van ( the work truck ) ,1993 Dakota w/ 44k mi.,1952 F-1 the 1ST-RIDE ,23 T-Roadster w/ 426 wedge bored to 440 (85 % done ) ,1952 F-1 stock (under const) "Those of you who think you know it all are really annoying to those of us who do " Mark Donahue or Roger Penske Indy '71
Old 02-17-2014, 12:18 PM