Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > 2014+ Transit
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2014+ Transit 2014+ full size Ford Transit Van, Wagon, Cutaway and Chassis-Cab

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2014, 07:17 PM
Posting Guru

archangel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn View Post
Because the Econoline is old, inefficient to operate and produce technology. Face it, the Econoline has been in production essentially unchanged for 40 years. Not many products that old around, are there.

It is a gas hog and has poor space utilization compared to the more modern Ram and Sprinter platforms.
What he said.
We have a 2014 Promaster and it hauls *** empty, I can stand in it to unload, they offer the drivers side sliding door (we could not wait the 8 weeks it took to order that one) and it gets 18 to 20 mpg on the freeway.

Our E350 gets 10 on a good day!
It had a verified 19 mpg city taking off slow as hell then shutting it down at red lights, and with the radiator grill blocked flush, no bed cover, "drag shoot" mirrors still on I got 24 mpg at 50 to 55 mph on the freeway empty!
Old 07-23-2014, 07:07 AM
Freshman User

Frantz is starting off with a positive reputation.
E Series is a great workhorse, but it is fairly one size fits all. The shear number of pre-upfitter configurations offered by Ford on the Transit is pretty impressive. At this point it is mostly the mid height ones being pumped out but short and jumbo will be out in numbers soon enough. There are still some E-series out there for someone who wants the old style, but I can't think of a good reason to desire the old if you are planning on using it to make money. The dash is designed to work, but it is much more car like in look, like an escape or focus on some big muscle juice.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Elder User

nojoke327 has a good reputation on FTE.nojoke327 has a good reputation on FTE.
I finally saw one at my.local dealership and I must say it is ugly. Not nearly as bad as the dodge but way worse looking then the e series. I know nothing of its capabilities but based in first impressions, I would almost rather drive a prius to work.

2008 reg cab F350-----sold

US Navy Seabee 07-13. BU2. NMCB 27/22
OEF 09-10 Afghanistan.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Internet Brands

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
Quote:
Originally Posted by nojoke327 View Post
I finally saw one at my.local dealership and I must say it is ugly. Not nearly as bad as the dodge but way worse looking then the e series. I know nothing of its capabilities but based in first impressions, I would almost rather drive a prius to work.
If you drive one back to back with an E-series you will understand.

Apart from some sheetmetal and powertrain updates, the E-series is basically a 30yr old vehicle. The Transit has been continuously updated over its 50+year life, and feels like a new vehicle.

Has much more interior space, and payload than the equivalent E-Series, much better fuel economy, much more comfortable to drive (they seriously drive like a car). In fact every thing you want out of a van, they do better.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Iconoclast

Bdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputation
They may lack a little in beauty, but form does follow function and they can handle the dirty work as well.

Don't let your vanity choose your vehicle for you.

corporations are not persons
corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Senior User

finn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Some people don't deal well with change.

Without it we would still be walking.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:55 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > 2014+ Transit