6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

NON-CHIPPED (key) trucks...... theft, etc.....

Old 02-14-2014, 12:36 PM
HT32BSX115
Logistics Pro
Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
NON-CHIPPED (key) trucks...... theft, etc.....

Originally Posted by MD11Drvr
So for what its worth my 2004 does not appear to have chipped key. Just in case anyone else was wondering about thier key being chipped or not.
Hey, you hauling boxes or bodies in the back of that MD11?

Yeah. I don't think my 2005 is chipped either!

This brings up another point about all these trucks especially the NON-chipped ones.

A couple of weeks ago, one of my co-workers was parked up at my company's training center in the company parking lot.

She was driving a 2000 F250 7.3L SD Crew-cab 4x4. She was inside for approx 3-4 hours and when she came back outside to go home, she couldn't find the truck! (IT WAS GONE!!)

The company has security cameras and lighting but probably not with enough resolution to identify faces etc. (they're still reviewing the tapes)

There's NO entry/exit gate, so anyone can just walk right in and take any vehicle they can easily break into.

Just about ALL of our trucks are pretty easy to break into! One just breaks the plastic door opening handle in the latch area.

So, to that end, I am considering a "KILL", (Or specifically) NO-START switch inside that I can easily hide.

Anyone have suggestions on what to "Kill"? it would be a simple task to place a series switch in the starter solenoid circuit that would prevent the start motor from even getting power from the ignition switch.........since that switch is so easy to defeat.......

(.....although a smart thief might be able to directly power the start solenoid..... they usually want to get it running quickly and "BOLT"!!)

Another place might be the low pressure fuel lift pump.....but if the engine starts with no pressure (briefly), there could be injector damage?

Maybe powering the IPR such that it fully opens so that the HPOP cannot generate enough pressure to start the engine but it still cranks. (That happens sometimes when you don't want it to....huh?) If I understand it correctly, It's just a solenoid operated valve that gets PWM current from ECM. disconnecting it keeps it closed giving you MAX oil pressure. Powering the IPR continuously OPEN would "VENT" ALL the HPOP pressure and prevent it from generating enough pressure to start the engine.

I couldn't believe that the thieves wanted to steal a 2000 F250. They drove it from SEATAC , Wa to Kent WA (about 25 miles away).........jacked it up and removed the wheels. (The wheels and tires didn't even match!!!!!)

The very next week, I was parked in the same lot with my 2005 F350 and while I was gone, I worried about it the entire time!!

Anyone?

Old 02-14-2014, 03:36 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Come to the next meet and we can chat about this I know some
things that can and will help.
Date February, 22 At Jimmy Macs in Renton about 6:00PM
Here is a link.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...et-thread.html

Sean

Old 02-14-2014, 04:02 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glock makes a very effective kill switch. Problem is, you have to be present, or near by to activate the switch.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:17 PM
jswartz84
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
Glock makes a very effective kill switch. Problem is, you have to be present, or near by to activate the switch.
Love it. Does S&W have the same effect?

Old 02-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Runs-wifey
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anthony has pulled a big grey fuse/plug looking thing from under our hood a time or 2, when truck in our area were being stolen...

and I went out one morning to start our truck and nothing.... I about died!!! I walked in the house about ready to cry, he was laughing at me...

So if our truck wont start... I pop the hood, before I start freaking out!!

Maybe some one can tell you better which one he pulled, I just know it is grey...

I would just hope that someone might notice anyone messing with a truck, or maybe if it would not start at all they would just walk away or take what they could carry...

Old 02-14-2014, 06:48 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Hes pulling the ficm relay. I dont know why f2 22 is quicker to pull, and you get the same effect. Try it

Old 02-15-2014, 11:40 AM
Stu206
Junior User
Myself I went with the Revelco System, if you don't have the plug in the spot, truck doesn't start at all. Even if you tear up the steering wheel area to try and jump it, it still won't start. A good S & W, Glock, Colt, Ruger or a Coonan is always a good system to have for a back up plan. Cost on the Revelco around $ 450 to $ 500., with key fobs. Vern

Old 02-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Monty Simmons
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They can do quite a bit of damage just trying to start the truck. Need some type of warning that keeps them from trying to break in. Horn going off is a good one.

Also, I have a connection that can construct prototypes. I believe I will have him make a wireless relay that works off the trucks remote signal. Then one can disable whatever one wants with the remote.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:19 PM
HT32BSX115
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Yahiko
Come to the next meet and we can chat about this I know some
things that can and will help.
Date February, 22 At Jimmy Macs in Renton about 6:00PM
Here is a link.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...et-thread.html

Sean
I'd LOVE to go! Maybe the next one......I'm on my way back from Chicago on the 22nd and won't get back until 2230 or so.....

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr title="Post 14068758" valign="top"><td class="alt2" align="center" width="125">olfordsnstone</td> <td class="alt1"> Glock makes a very effective kill switch. Problem is, you have to be present, or near by to activate the switch. </td> </tr><tr> <td class="thead" colspan="2">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Yeah....I have one of those!! (A 36!)

GOT GLOCK?

Old 02-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by HT32BSX115
I'd LOVE to go! Maybe the next one......I'm on my way back from Chicago on the 22nd and won't get back until 2230 or so.....

Yeah....I have one of those!! (A 36!)

GOT GLOCK?
How about we get together for lunch the 28th of the 1st? Evening afternoon.
That way we can chat about ways to make our trucks not start.

Sean

Old 02-15-2014, 05:14 PM
nighthawk285
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wired in a FICM kill switch for mine

A FP kill switch makes the system run dry risking injector damage like you said aboce

A starter kill switch makes the truck not turn over......so the theif (if they have time) will try to find the switch to make it turn over

A FICM kill switch keeps it from turning on, so the their tries to start it just cranking and cranking and cranking.......you might have to deal with dead batts, but at least your truck is still there in the morning

A brake signal kill switch is also a great idea IMO, I just went a different route.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:38 AM
HT32BSX115
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Yahiko
How about we get together for lunch the 28th of the 1st? Evening afternoon.
That way we can chat about ways to make our trucks not start.

Sean
Those days are good for me!

Someplace in Tacomama, Puykitallup, Scumner, Auburnt etc? ?

I REALLY like the Hanger-IN at Thun Field (Pierce County Airport)

Old 02-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Josh Baker
Junior User
I have the directed electronics alarm on my truck... spent about a grand on it and includes autostart and I can control it from my phone (alarm and auto start) and It sends me a text message if my alarm goes off. I also had an extra sensor put near the tailgate installed as well so that if you drop the tailgate or close my topper too hard or get in the back it trips the alarm.

I did this after some jerk stole my spare tire out from under my truck one night! I don't even live in a bad area either.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by HT32BSX115
Those days are good for me!

Someplace in Tacomama, Puykitallup, Scumner, Auburnt etc? ?

I REALLY like the Hanger-IN at Thun Field (Pierce County Airport)
You know how close to me that is? So close the truck does not even reach 150ºF If I start cold.

You know Shady Acres Field is located ? If someone were to land a Antonov 225 I would need a
new roof if not the whole house.

That is one BIG BIRD

Hanger-IN would be find with me

Sean

Old 02-16-2014, 07:22 PM
HT32BSX115
Logistics Pro
Yeah.... I have done a little of that type of "Big-Bird" flying.......

Runway at THUN might be a little short for the big "stuff" though...

You're at Shady acres?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NON-CHIPPED (key) trucks...... theft, etc.....