Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2014, 07:21 PM
Elder User

wallster has a very good reputation on FTE.wallster has a very good reputation on FTE.wallster has a very good reputation on FTE.
OT (kinda) - new garage sign

I bought this 1'H x 3'L illuminated sign a few weeks ago and ditched the worn dunlop tires face. We made this one instead at work today.

Wally
Attached Images

"No amount of planning will ever replace dumb luck"
Old 02-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Senior User

abeagle is starting off with a positive reputation.
I like the illuminated sign. Nothing I have can glow at night. Is this your work garage or home garage?
Old 02-13-2014, 07:38 PM
Elder User

wallster has a very good reputation on FTE.wallster has a very good reputation on FTE.wallster has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeagle View Post
I like the illuminated sign. Nothing I have can glow at night. Is this your work garage or home garage?
Thanks, it's my home garage/personal shop/man-cave... multi purpose!

Wally

Old 02-13-2014, 07:47 PM
Senior User

abeagle is starting off with a positive reputation.
Man am I jealous. Your signs are great and your garage looks better than our upstairs family room. My wife wants the garage keep clean and neat, but I am so short on storage, lawn care equipment space, old vehicle parts, etc that I'll never compete. Hope the wife doesn't see your pics.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Elder User

HILLBILLY BOB has a good reputation on FTE.HILLBILLY BOB has a good reputation on FTE.
Beautiful sign
Old 02-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Elder User

Rimrock F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Rimrock F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Rimrock F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Rimrock F1 has a great reputation on FTE.
Nice sign and good job on the face. I hope to do my shop more like yours once I bring all my tools home from My present job.
2013 Taurus (Ginger)
Old 02-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Posting Guru

carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Nice sign!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Very nice!!

Every garage needs good signage, you're is great
Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 02-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Elder User

I love my garage/shop. All of my spare time is spent restoring, refurbishing, or fabricating new stuff for the place. Some day I'll end up selling it all but so far it's just been a nice place to hang out and work on projects. It took me thirty years to get the garage built and done the way I wanted it. Here are some pics. I don't buy anything restored, it's all usually pretty beat until I fix it up.

Wally
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2014, 09:23 PM
Posting Guru

carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Click the image to open in full size.

Nice color on that truck! Here's a chandelier I made out of my F100 steering wheel, some LED lights, and some Bud-Lite bottles. I like your decorating. I'm glad you have a nice inside place to work considering your location.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:35 PM
Kentucky Chapter Member

EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.
Geeze, Wallster. If I had your shop, I'd throw a mattress on the motorcycle lift and never go back into the house.

Kentucky Chapter Member
Old 02-13-2014, 09:45 PM
Post Fiend

52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all
Very nice job on the sign. Speaking of signs, I recently rescued this one from a little store. It dates back to the 40's and will look right at home with my old tin. Need to make a frame for it and hang it. It's extremely fragile, very thin plastic. It appears to have been lighted at one time with a cardboard backing.

Click the image to open in full size.

Wayne
52 Mercury M-1
among other things.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:59 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52 Merc View Post
Very nice job on the sign. Speaking of signs, I recently rescued this one from a little store. It dates back to the 40's and will look right at home with my old tin. Need to make a frame for it and hang it. It's extremely fragile, very thin plastic. It appears to have been lighted at one time with a cardboard backing.
That's very cool Wayne!

Wally

Old 02-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut122 View Post

Nice color on that truck! Here's a chandelier I made out of my F100 steering wheel, some LED lights, and some Bud-Lite bottles. I like your decorating. I'm glad you have a nice inside place to work considering your location.
Yeah, winter's are forever around here, it's a nice little get a way. Dig your chandelier... had a tough time spellin' that.

Wally

Old 02-13-2014, 10:04 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffieTrucker View Post
Geeze, Wallster. If I had your shop, I'd throw a mattress on the motorcycle lift and never go back into the house.
I'll tell you what, those ford ranger seats fully reclined make it pretty tough to drag my a$$ back into the house after a few beers.

Wally

Old 02-13-2014, 10:04 PM