Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2014, 12:22 PM
Postmaster

run6.0run is a splendid one to beholdrun6.0run is a splendid one to beholdrun6.0run is a splendid one to beholdrun6.0run is a splendid one to beholdrun6.0run is a splendid one to beholdrun6.0run is a splendid one to beholdrun6.0run is a splendid one to behold
Another aftermarket thread

I'm gonna refer the owner to here to check it out. Whatcha think guys???
06 6.0 SRW,Fx4,cc,Lb,789k mi,Lariat,Billet..Rare six speed with a sunroof..,Edge Platinum,Airlift Dual Guage system, B&W everything,115 Aux Tank,Open Exhaust,Studs,Powermax,CCV mod,6.4 banjos, blue spring,Coolant Recirc,EGR Del, Legal Sleeper,Sat Radio,CB,In Motion Tracvision Sat TV,2 tv's,one a 28",Ranchhand,centramatics,all moog susp n steering,HD coils n leafs,2011 bed,FW prep pkg,08 mirrors,Just lots of Goodies[/size]www.sDUTYs.com
Old 02-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Elder User

lupuseven has a good reputation on FTE.lupuseven has a good reputation on FTE.lupuseven has a good reputation on FTE.
First off love these videos very informative and useful.
Thank you!

Not that it has anything to do with what your working on but one thing I noticed on this truck is that the oil filter cap looks a little tall?

******** charset="UTF-8" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js" type="application/javascript">*********>

Early '04 6.0L F350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 long bed SRW.
Brush guard, Blue Spring upgrade, Riff-Raff hot side CAC boots, Rancho RS9000 F&R...
278k - 78k is mine and I still love this truck!
Old 02-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Senior User

Runs-wifey has a good reputation on FTE.Runs-wifey has a good reputation on FTE.
The oil cap is the first thing Anthony pointed out to him.... He is either going to by the Ford one or find his old one.... That is what happens when a truck pulls in that we have never seen before
Old 02-13-2014, 04:23 PM
Posting Guru

9228.bobcat has a very good reputation on FTE.9228.bobcat has a very good reputation on FTE.9228.bobcat has a very good reputation on FTE.9228.bobcat has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runs-wifey View Post
The oil cap is the first thing Anthony pointed out to him.... He is either going to by the Ford one or find his old one.... That is what happens when a truck pulls in that we have never seen before
Oh come on, I pointed that out.lol.

2006 F350 Harley Davidson, Atlas 40 from Ed 4" lift belstein shox
Arp studs, sinister coolant filter, bullet proof egr cooler, 4" turbo back exhaust straight pipe, ccv reroute, sct ts/ tunes gearhead, 10 vein turbo, updated dummy plugs/standpipes, stc fitting, blue spring 2005 King Ranch,2004 Excursion
Old 02-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Anthony,

Your keeping busy and still have time to make videos.
VERY COOL of you to do that.

My bet is that the other mechanic did not clean the hole
and you going to find oil in the bolt hole.

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 02-13-2014, 05:44 PM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
Anthony,

Your keeping busy and still have time to make videos.
VERY COOL of you to do that.

My bet is that the other mechanic did not clean the hole
and you going to find oil in the bolt hole.

Sean
I had that exact same thought Sean.

Rest in peace Mojo. My friend and faithful companion you shall ever be.

Tim
Old 02-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Postmaster

run6.0run is a splendid one to beholdrun6.0run is a splendid one to beholdrun6.0run is a splendid one to beholdrun6.0run is a splendid one to beholdrun6.0run is a splendid one to beholdrun6.0run is a splendid one to beholdrun6.0run is a splendid one to behold
Well,, he is biting the bullet and getting a whole new set. He's got 1 out,, 2 more weak, and one more a lil low.

I actually gave my last used one out last night on a different truck that had the oem filter with a "tall" cap. Lol. It isn't leaving here without a shorty on it.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:59 PM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by run6.0run View Post
Well,, he is biting the bullet and getting a whole new set. He's got 1 out,, 2 more weak, and one more a lil low.

I actually gave my last used one out last night on a different truck that had the oem filter with a "tall" cap. Lol. It isn't leaving here without a shorty on it.
OEM ftw. lol

Rest in peace Mojo. My friend and faithful companion you shall ever be.

Tim
Old 02-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
It's so simple to blow the hole out.
I don't think there is any shop out there that
does not have a compressor and a blow gun for it.

Anthony is doing good work and showing it too.

Sean
Old 02-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Post Fiend

Rusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant future
I had planned on using the Alliant o-ring kits because they have a couple extra rings the Ford kits don't have. Do you think there is a quality issue with 'em or is this an install problem?

Alliant kit (7 pieces)
http://www.xtremediesel.com/alliantg...itap0002.aspx?

Ford kit (4 pieces)
http://www.klmstore.com/ford-3c3z922...-ring-kit.aspx

Are the "extra" parts unnecessary?
2006, King Ranch, F250, Lariat, Super Duty, Powerstroke, FX4, CC, SRW, 20in Ultra Motorsports Goliath wheels. 2in leveling kit, Husky 16K roller hitch, ScanGaugeII. Sinister coolant filter. Blue spring. BPD EGR cooler. Riffraff CAC boots w/metal cold side tube, STC update. Fumoto valves. Rotella ELC. DashBoss. '08 Mirrors. Mishimoto Rad and 200° stat.

Last edited by Rusty Axlerod; 02-13-2014 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Add
Old 02-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Posting Guru

9228.bobcat has a very good reputation on FTE.9228.bobcat has a very good reputation on FTE.9228.bobcat has a very good reputation on FTE.9228.bobcat has a very good reputation on FTE.
Personally I would go oem. It is just not worth the risk.

2006 F350 Harley Davidson, Atlas 40 from Ed 4" lift belstein shox
Arp studs, sinister coolant filter, bullet proof egr cooler, 4" turbo back exhaust straight pipe, ccv reroute, sct ts/ tunes gearhead, 10 vein turbo, updated dummy plugs/standpipes, stc fitting, blue spring 2005 King Ranch,2004 Excursion
Old 02-13-2014, 06:20 PM
Post Fiend

There are some tests that can be done to the
parts to see if they are the same.
in the case of the O-ring it dimeter size, cross section and durometer.
The you have to take into account What it is made from.

I happen to have a durometer sitting in my tool box.
Just one of the odd-ball tools I have.

Sean
Old 02-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Post Fiend

69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
There are some tests that can be done to the
parts to see if they are the same.
in the case of the O-ring it dimeter size, cross section and durometer.
The you have to take into account What it is made from.

I happen to have a durometer sitting in my tool box.
Just one of the odd-ball tools I have.

Sean
Sean, if you go OEM you can put the durometer in the museum. LOL
2007 Thor Jazz 5er, 11k dry weight, 31'
173rd Abn. RVN.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:57 PM
Post Fiend

It would be nice to know if there is a difference between the two kits.
For all we know Ford buys from International and they buy from X
What we don't know id if Alliant buys from X also or if they shop around.

If we know these factors then it would lead to poor installation practices.
That would be a good think to know.

Sean
Old 02-13-2014, 07:10 PM
Post Fiend

Rusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant future
Just looking at the pics the colors don't match up. That kinda makes me think they may be different materials. I do like the idea of replacing ALL the soft parts though. Pretty standard practice at my day job.
2006, King Ranch, F250, Lariat, Super Duty, Powerstroke, FX4, CC, SRW, 20in Ultra Motorsports Goliath wheels. 2in leveling kit, Husky 16K roller hitch, ScanGaugeII. Sinister coolant filter. Blue spring. BPD EGR cooler. Riffraff CAC boots w/metal cold side tube, STC update. Fumoto valves. Rotella ELC. DashBoss. '08 Mirrors. Mishimoto Rad and 200° stat.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:10 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel