1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at F 250

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 03:14 AM
Randall1984
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Belive I read this correctly, that the 6.2l gasser is still going to be avail for 15 f250. Thanks. Sorry did not mean to interupt thread.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:10 AM
jimmac28
Freshman User
There is an old saying around here, buy your last truck first. Good luck

Old 03-16-2014, 07:26 AM
05F250DSL
Fleet Mechanic
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
I went they this mid last year. My S-10 actually did very thing I needed but my kids are growing and the wife would like a camper this year next at the latest. While I did not buy new I still went with a 3/4 ton. My old 87' F250 would probably have done everything I wanted but was a single cab. I went with an 05' F250 diesel way more truck than I need but I get better fuel mileage than my 4wd s-10 got and have the capacity to do all I could ever want. Also being younger and knowing my needs will grow and not wanting to go the 1500 ext cab, then buy another truck in 3 years these truck cost too much for me to do that. I got more truck than I needed at the moment I bought mine for 6500.00 which made the decision to go this big easier.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:26 AM
Smokeispower
Senior User
If you will be spending a lot of time driving (towing) with the new truck, it may be worth considering the better creature comforts of the Lariat stuff instead of the basic XLT level cloth and vinyl. On the other hand, if making do with less gives you satisfaction, then the basic stuff will be fine.
I just traded an XLT trimmed "work truck" (my wife called it the poverty pack) for an F250 with all the Lariat stuff (I call this one the princess pack) because we will be spending more time towing this year, and keeping her happy is obviously quite important to me.
Surprisingly, the XLT with rubber floor mats and "man stick" manual 4x4 held its value very well, so don't be afraid of poor trade in value for a lesser optioned truck. For almost the same pricing as an F150, the F250 is more capable and holds its value better, at least in my experience.
Good luck with your purchase, it's always nice to have choices.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:19 AM
Bandguy
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually have a second appointment with the dealer tomorrow. I've been busy so truck hunting has taken a back seat. I do need to look into what will be the changes for 2015 gas F250.

I think my wife is coming tomorrow also so she can get a look at the different trim levels.

What kind of gas mileage are you guys getting with the gas 250?

Old 03-16-2014, 11:20 AM
meborder
Received 365 Likes on 260 Posts
Originally Posted by Smokeispower
If you will be spending a lot of time driving (towing) with the new truck, it may be worth considering the better creature comforts of the Lariat stuff instead of the basic XLT level cloth and vinyl. On the other hand, if making do with less gives you satisfaction, then the basic stuff will be fine.
I just traded an XLT trimmed "work truck" (my wife called it the poverty pack) for an F250 with all the Lariat stuff (I call this one the princess pack) because we will be spending more time towing this year, and keeping her happy is obviously quite important to me.
Surprisingly, the XLT with rubber floor mats and "man stick" manual 4x4 held its value very well, so don't be afraid of poor trade in value for a lesser optioned truck. For almost the same pricing as an F150, the F250 is more capable and holds its value better, at least in my experience.
Good luck with your purchase, it's always nice to have choices.
I always get a kick out of this ....

people who like leather seats and plush carpet always assume that everyone likes leather and plush carpet, and if they bought cloth seats and a rubber floor that they settled and bought the truck anyway just because they are cheap ....

I've had both, and i'll take cloth seats and rubber floor any day of the week over leather and carpet.

When i was shopping for my expedition, i was specifically looking for cloth seats, and if i could have gotten a rubber floor i would have. I can't express in words how happy i am that i no longer have to drive a car with leather seats!!!! i no longer have to freeze my *** off every morning in the winter, and i no longer have to endure the sweaty back and burned legs i got in the summer!!!

We live on gravel and a rubber floor would be a blessing. it is impossible not to trash carpet .....

Sorry for the off topic, but just because some one is driving something more "basic" doesn't mean that they wanted something else and couldn't afford it or got some kind of satisfaction because they saved some money.

i'd pay MORE for cloth seats, I hate leather that much. And if i had a new truck, i'd go out and buy a vinyl floor just so i didn't have to feel bad about trashing the carpet.

But i buy used, so sometimes i have to settle for something with leather and carpet.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:21 PM
Bandguy
Senior User
Funny, while I love my buttery soft leather recliner, I prefer cloth seats. My wife loves the leather seats is her car. That is why they have options!

I do want a nice carpet on the floors.

BandGuy

Old 03-16-2014, 02:05 PM
jeepnford
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bandguy
I actually have a second appointment with the dealer tomorrow. I've been busy so truck hunting has taken a back seat. I do need to look into what will be the changes for 2015 gas F250.

I think my wife is coming tomorrow also so she can get a look at the different trim levels.

What kind of gas mileage are you guys getting with the gas 250?
Over on the 6.2 forum there's a thread on fuel mileage. I just drove mine from Northern Missouri to the Florida Panhandle, no trailer, and averaged 14 mpg at 70 mph almost the entire trip with 4.30 gears, crew cab 4x4.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:15 PM
Bandguy
Senior User
Thanks, I did find that thread after posting my question...note to self, search first post second. :-)

14 MPG not too bad for a big girl. The RAM guys are posting some pretty nice mileage from the new big HEMI.

BandGuy

Old 03-16-2014, 05:02 PM
phillips91
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mike(meborder),
I could not agree more. Leather seats and carpet drive me crazy. I spent close to 2 years looking for a truck with vinyl seats and floor, manual windows and locks, manual transfer case, hubs and tranny and no other options at all except air. I wanted a specific color too, so that made it even harder to find, but I too would pay extra to have less options.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:11 PM
shot93
Freshman User
Absolutely, if it is not a daily driver, the 6.2 is the ticket. I bought a 5.4, daily driver, wish I had the 6.2. Several times a year I drive a 6.2, towing a trailer. Lots of power, and the 3/4 ton suspention makes towing a pleasure.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:15 PM
jeepnford
Senior User
Originally Posted by shot93
Absolutely, if it is not a daily driver, the 6.2 is the ticket. I bought a 5.4, daily driver, wish I had the 6.2. Several times a year I drive a 6.2, towing a trailer. Lots of power, and the 3/4 ton suspention makes towing a pleasure.
I bought a 6.2 because a good part of the time it will be a daily driver at only 8 miles round trip. I didn't figure that would be very good on a diesel.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Bandguy
Senior User
I did buy a 2014 XLT 4X4 Blue Jean Metallic w/ Premium package with other goodies like remote start, rear camera, seat upgrade with console, roof lights, tail gate step, spray-on bed liner, shift on fly, power tow mirrors and I am sure a few more goodies I am not thinking of.

Thanks for your help. I love this truck. I can't wait to tow with her.

Bandguy

Old 04-06-2014, 07:41 PM
dramirez163
Senior User
I do miss the leather seats in my old Lariat. But I LOVE my rubber floor in my XL

Old 04-06-2014, 09:56 PM
CPB1
Posting Guru
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandguy
I did buy a 2014 XLT 4X4 Blue Jean Metallic w/ Premium package with other goodies like remote start, rear camera, seat upgrade with console, roof lights, tail gate step, spray-on bed liner, shift on fly, power tow mirrors and I am sure a few more goodies I am not thinking of.

Thanks for your help. I love this truck. I can't wait to tow with her.

Bandguy
Congrats on the new truck. Would love to see a pic of that color blue.

Quick Reply: Looking at F 250