Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2014, 11:23 PM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Extreme 7.3 PSD makeover!

I am building this CCSB Lariat for a friend's 16yr old daughter. Its getting a forged rod engine with 147k miles and a freshly rebuilt transmission. The cab is going to the body shop later this week and will get painted with no interior or glass (no tape lines) and hoping to use spray-in acoustic/thermal insulation everywhere inside. Planning to do all the common mods/upgrades for reliability, but it will be 'stock' power. I'll try to come back and post more pics as it gets done!

Here is the painted chassis with engine/trans back in it: (that's a sacrificial valve cover - the stock VC's are gonna clean up like new )

The X in the background is an '04 Eddie Bauer with 7.3 and 4wd conversion! (V10 delete!! )
Old 02-10-2014, 11:29 PM
Senior User

bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.
looks like a ton of fun. keep us posted!
340,000 miles, 6637, stancor GPR, HPx, regulated return kit, melling high volume oil pump, MBRP 5"exhaust, 2.5" leveling kit, Firestone riderites, CCV mod, half of the $.50 mod, foil delete, and NEW BFGs! (one of which was stolen)
AP#3314993
Old 02-10-2014, 11:58 PM
Senior User

t.scottNDU has a good reputation on FTE.t.scottNDU has a good reputation on FTE.t.scottNDU has a good reputation on FTE.
Subscribing, can't wait to see how it turns out. That's one lucky 16 year old!
Old 02-11-2014, 05:19 AM
Molon Labe

Franko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud of
sunstatefranko
Your having too much fun Jason. As punishment you should convert my dually to 4wd...
That'll teach ya
Early '99 F350 Lariat 2WD 7.3, BTS Trans w/ 6.0 cooler, BTS tunes, 6637 w/Riffraff cover, 4"MBRP, Isspro EV2 gauges, Ranch Hand, 2"leveling kit. HPx, FRx, Coolant Filter, Hutch,Harpoon, NVK5, Terminator-T500, Rosewood stage 1's, 120 IDM
Frank, PAA#99
B.E.S.T. map
Old 02-11-2014, 06:33 AM
Postmaster

jetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to behold
Duncan Tuley
Nice! Lucky girl!

I've been keeping an eye out for a v10 excursion for a cummins swap....A guy can dream can't he?

https://www.youtube.com/user/jetdocbwi?feature=mhee
Old 02-11-2014, 06:56 AM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko72 View Post
Your having too much fun Jason. As punishment you should convert my dually to 4wd...
That'll teach ya
Bring it up Frank. We'll use the parts from my X so part of it can live on in your truck!

Yes, this is a lucky girl - but she has her head on straight and will appreciate this vehicle. She is a teenager though and will be driving in LA, so its bound to get banged up a little... Maybe we should go ahead and put some big bumpers on it???
Old 02-11-2014, 07:01 AM
Postmaster

And yes, I AM having fun!!!!

Im swapping 7.3's from one truck to another this week. These guys are blown away I can pull an engine in 4hrs or so - without being in a hurry.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:21 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
Teenager and 4 tons of metal in L.A. traffic - great safety cage. 5.4L gasser and she'd be in a cocoon of safety. Maybe you should install a bad ICP sensor to "depower" the 7.3L.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:29 AM
Post Fiend

HKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant future
xmdxredeem3r
I am guessing that knee feels better?

PAA Member #3
2003 Lariat CC4X4

Cold Start thread
Old 02-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Postmaster

Pitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud of
Thats one lucky girl for sure. Thats great she has her head screwed on right. Are you going to use lizard skin for inside the cab?
Old 02-11-2014, 09:46 AM
Elder User

lhud is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.lhud is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Where did you get those wheel supports with casters on them? Those are cool and I can see how useful they would be.
Nice pic above.
2002, F250, 7.3 PSD, 4x4, CC, SB, Gold Superchip plugin, AIS Air Intake, FS2500 Oil Bypass Filter, Coolant Filter & Dahl Pre-Pump Fuel Filter, 4" MBRP Turbo back, Warren Hubs, GP LED Light, Edge CTS Monitor, AE/PC Laptop, Chevron Delo HD ELC. 6.0 Tranny Cooler,
2004, Stock Ford Navigator.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:48 AM
Ford With Out Tax Money

snakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to behold
looks like fun.
if only the rest of us had the time and tools to do it.
Matt PAA #117 99.5 F-250 XLT CC SWB 4x4 4R100 Warn M12000 GPR-LED. Foil Delete. 6637. 0.25 Cent. AC. Isspro Dual Pyrometer. AeroForce. FRx. HPx. DIY SS Fuel Lines. 03 HeadLights. 4" SS Exhaust. 6.0L Trans Cooler. BTS Tunes. Custom Lighted Tuner. IH Up Pipes. EPBV Delete. AIH delete. Gooseneck, AE Ford Bundle. Member On RHN
Old 02-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Postmaster

No gasser Rich, this is a veggie-mobile!! And yes 4 tons of Super Duty is an awesome way to hedge your bets your kid will survive a collision. Besides, we are talking about a place with avg speeds just above walking with an occasional jaunt up to jogging speed...

The knee is great. Still building muscles back, but no pain or limitations. The best part is my ankle and other knee are not hurting any more!!!

I have no idea what those dollies are from, but they are awesome!! We roll engines, transmissions, trucks - all sorts of stuff around with them. You can see how they allow me to stuff a 3rd rig in my '2' bays.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Postmaster

Oh, it took 5hrs to ****** an engine from a donor truck today... But, I also removed the under hood wire harness and dash/cab harness.

Lizard Skin or a similar product is what I had in mind.

You dont need time and tools, youve got ME! LOL. Another friend saw these pics and just placed an order for a truck. The final price is what youd expect to pay for a super clean, low miles 7.3 - but its waaaay cleaner than any SD you are likely to find and ya get to upgrade ANYTHING you want all at the same time. Not unlike custom ordering your dream truck from Ford! Want a CCLB F350 Lariat with 6" lift, Stage 3 injectors and supporting mods? Ok.

Like I said, this is lots of fun! I will 'own' all of these trucks for the rest of my life. Each is built as if I was doing it for myself. I do not punch a time clock and like I said earlier, Im in no rush to get done like your hourly/production 'mechanic'...

Thanks for your support guys. If it wasnt for FTE, Id be paying some shmuck to wrench on my truck - not playing with cool tools and big trucks!!!
Old 02-11-2014, 11:51 PM
It's a Van Gogh

aawlberninf350 is a name known to allaawlberninf350 is a name known to allaawlberninf350 is a name known to allaawlberninf350 is a name known to allaawlberninf350 is a name known to allaawlberninf350 is a name known to all
Rock on Jason! Build 'er up right!

DIY veggie system or? Any other notable mods?
Isspro EVs 50 cent Coolant Filter Hutch/Harpoon DP Tuner Walker BTM 4R100 w/FTVB nlemerise AC mod Mile Marker 449ss RedHead 08 diff cover Fumoto DDM HID 55w 4500k Rancho XL9000s Donaldson DBL7405 Peragon Bed Cover SSBC V8 Frozen Rotor Hawk LTS
Old 02-11-2014, 11:51 PM