Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2014, 10:34 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
Wayne, if you click on the pictures in the C&G link, it shows them close enough. The ends are sheet metal.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:51 PM
Elder User

Wayne Waldrep has a very good reputation on FTE.Wayne Waldrep has a very good reputation on FTE.Wayne Waldrep has a very good reputation on FTE.Wayne Waldrep has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ummmm....I did click on them Ross. They aren't clear to me. That's why I asked for a simple pic. Something wrong with me asking that? Funny you would tell me how close is "close enough" for me. Geeezzz.

'49 F1 239 Flathead
Click to see my Gallery http://tinyurl.com/p4xegzv
www.waynewaldrep.com/God
Old 02-12-2014, 07:24 AM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 coupe View Post
My girlfriend and I are planning to drive the 53 sedan up to the Central National Early Ford V8 Club meet this summer. We drove to the Grand National meet last summer and she liked riding in the sedan, I gotta keep her happy!
LOL, sounds like you have your priorities right! Those kind of meets are a lot of fun, and we always need to keep our better half happy! How about a picture or two of your 53?
Old 02-12-2014, 08:44 AM
Posting Guru

FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Waldrep View Post
Ummmm....I did click on them Ross. They aren't clear to me. That's why I asked for a simple pic. Something wrong with me asking that? Funny you would tell me how close is "close enough" for me. Geeezzz.
Easy there Buckaroo. Ross has routinely shared pics where he has them to offer. Nothing wrong with asking for pics - just don't expect everyone to have exactly what you might request.

19 and 49 F1 jes' like Henry II built

DW
Old 02-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Elder User

Wayne Waldrep has a very good reputation on FTE.Wayne Waldrep has a very good reputation on FTE.Wayne Waldrep has a very good reputation on FTE.Wayne Waldrep has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyNiner View Post
Easy there Buckaroo. Ross has routinely shared pics where he has them to offer. Nothing wrong with asking for pics - just don't expect everyone to have exactly what you might request.
Ya know its so funny how no matter WHAT or HOW Ross says things to a person someone seems to come in and defend it. If you look at my post there is absolutely nothing wrong with what I asked. And I didn't ask ROSS for the pic! We all ask for various pics all the time. I've seen many times people ask for a clarification pic. What's the big deal....ITS A PICTURE. I just asked. If the OP doesn't want to post one that's fine. I'm sick of the "easy there buckaroo" BS. I'm not yours or anyone else's buckaroo. I've watched the last few weeks the same one or two people just insisting on posting a snide remark that was totally unnecessary and have said nothing. And as a matter of fact FortyNiner....where were you to call Ross a buckaroo on a few of his that were actually short and snappy. I don't buy this BS that floats around that "oh, thats just certain peoples way". Bullcrap. Its just like women that self proclaim themselves as a Bi*&h. What decent person would do that and feel ok about themselves? Ross came in and snapped and my post that had NOTHING wrong in it and told me how I'm supposed to see a pic with my own freaking eyes. Did ya buckaroo him? Oh no...would never think of doing that. But I did answer him and that should have been it. I would have been done with it....my nerves would have settled down. But no. Now my day is harder than it was going to be anyway and my nerves are totally gone. Someone has to come in on the typical bandwagon....ya know what.....never mind. If me asking for a pic causes all this ya'll can have this crap. FortyNiner, I can't believe you would even come in here with that post. It not ok for me to ask for another actual pic but its ok for you to come in calling names???? That's BS! Reminds me of a Steven Segal movie....Above the Law. Sad indeed. When I posted a thread a few weeks back several offered their support. I've seen people tell new members "this is a great place with supportive and knowledgeable folks." Does that support only go to the high and mighty? And I haven't heard a peep out of those that told me they were there for me and offered support. Where are ya'll asking Ross why he felt he just had to TELL me how well i can see a pic or not...and insisting that I don't need another pic. IF i did that that exact same post ya know what I'd get. "Whoa buckaroo....Ross just simply asked for another pic. We all love pics. Settle down."
Those of you that know me at all know I come on this board mainly to keep my mind occupied from the anxiety and depression that I fight every day. It kills me to have to write all this. Especially right now as I have been on the verge of just giving up. I have literally had my phone in my hand wondering if I'd make it thru the next few hours and I just get on the board and read anything I can just to keep me going. I'm a nervous wreck now and it will affect me for the rest of the day. Sorry I'm just not wired in a way that handles this crap. Yeah I could have not posted. But I've "not posted" several times lately when the same thing has happened to others from the same poster. And no matter how smarta$$ the post has been not ONCE has anyone buckaroo'd him. It doesn't matter how much you help someone in my book its not ok to do stuff like that....but if you just don't care how you treat others I guess it doesn't matter. Now I have to deal with all the other posts that come along bashing this post. Gonna be a long day. My ONE thing I enjoy (this board) has been taken from me now because I will not be a part of this kind of stuff. Ross.....I try my hardest to be thankful of the help you give to people. No different than anyone else on here helping people. But man, I can't believe how you treat people at times. And I no one should get a pass for acting like that no matter how long, how many post, etc that you have. When I get an email saying you have replied to a subscribed post I have to decide if I'm going to look at it or not because most of the time it's negative.
I'm sorry for all this. I know nothing else to do. I'm flabbergasted that I got told I could see the pics fine and didn't need another one. And I'm even more so that i was "buckaroo'd" for responding to Ross....not that I didn't know someone would be along shortly to do it...always happens.
I can't take this stress guys. If you/we are truly are the supportive group that is always claimed then this will go away and things will be fine. If not then I'm done.

'49 F1 239 Flathead
www.waynewaldrep.com/God
Old 02-12-2014, 11:43 AM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
W-a-a-y over-reacting Wayne... I didn't say you NEEDED to be satisfied with C&G's picture, I just pointed out it zooms in well enough to see the essential info. I don't recall making any "snappy" remarks, and I am sure if I did, I would get called out same as anyone else. I'll make sure not to respond to your posts in the future so there are no more misunderstandings, OK?
Old 02-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1 View Post
W-a-a-y over-reacting Wayne... I didn't say you NEEDED to be satisfied with C&G's picture, I just pointed out it zooms in well enough to see the essential info. I don't recall making any "snappy" remarks, and I am sure if I did, I would get called out same as anyone else. I'll make sure not to respond to your posts in the future so there are no more misunderstandings, OK?
I appreciate the response Ross. Way over reacting to me is calling someone "buckaroo"....unbelievable. Sorry but that bothers me as it should. It was uncalled for. If i did that I'd be crucified instantly. I'd like to get past this but that's up to you man.

'49 F1 239 Flathead
www.waynewaldrep.com/God
Old 02-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Elder User

drptop70ss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.drptop70ss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiecowboy View Post
Alignment isn't the problem, it's that the pin is a friction fit in the mirror and tries to push it down as it drives in. Support the bottom and you won't have a problem.
I plan on using this style mirror also. Shouldnt the only friction fit be at the top with the splines on the pin? I would think the pin should slide through the bottom hole with little to no interference like a door hinge. I am thinking wrong on this?

1951 F1 build here, jag IFS, LT1 w/EFI, T56, etc..

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1271961-1951-ford-f1-resurrection-jag-ifs-lt1-efi-t56-etc.html
Old 02-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Posting Guru

38 coupe has a good reputation on FTE.38 coupe has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Waldrep View Post
Cool. Since you haven't installed them yet I'll settle for a couple close ups of the mounting end.
I will see what I can do. The mirrors and truck are at my folks place an hour out of town. I live in town with a small two car garage that is filled up with the 53 and 37 sedans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmoo View Post
LOL, sounds like you have your priorities right! Those kind of meets are a lot of fun, and we always need to keep our better half happy! How about a picture or two of your 53?
I have a thread about the car and the trip we took last summer here. I don't want to hijack this thread any more than I already have. Please feel free to post on the car thread and I will do my best to answer any questions or comments.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Elder User

ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.
I put the other mirror on yesterday, I basicly did everything that I did with the first mirror but this time I supported the bottom of the mirror with a microfiber covered 2x4. The pin went with light tapping to the splines and then holding the 2x4 I gave it a few taps to set the splines and guess what, that mirror was done without a single cuss word and looks just the way I want it. Now all I have to do is buy one more mirror to replace the one I screwed up. Thanks guys for the 2x4 tip.

What Toy Should I Play With Today
Still A Kid After All These Years.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Posting Guru

ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hey Chuck,
That must feel sweet! That's great!!!!

The external mirrors on our '50 are beautiful & they are totally worthless at actually seeing the lanes around you. I'd like to try something else.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1
Old 02-13-2014, 07:16 AM
Posting Guru

49willard has a very good reputation on FTE.49willard has a very good reputation on FTE.49willard has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben73058 View Post
Hey Chuck,
That must feel sweet! That's great!!!!

The external mirrors on our '50 are beautiful & they are totally worthless at actually seeing the lanes around you. I'd like to try something else.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1
Ben, What are you currently using for mirrors that don't work? Are they the same mirrors that Chuck is using? I ask since I have a pair of the same ones as Chuck is using AND I plan to use them to pull an enclosed trailer (trailer sides inside the trailer wheels). When I got Willard, he had had the typical west coast mirror which I will not go back to.

49 F-1 Jag IFS, 3.70 9" rear, 383 stroked sbc, 700R4 AOD
Old 02-13-2014, 07:41 AM
Posting Guru

ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hey Bill,
I'm not sure I have a great picture of our mirrors but here is one
that shows them. I also have a pair of the West Coast larger mirrors that I got from Jeff/Nicole. I just couldn't make myself put them on the truck.
Went with beauty over practicality...

Personally I'd take your time on the mirror decision & go with something you can actually see the lanes around you with. We are going to re-do our mirror selection & find something that actually works.

Maybe in Harpswell/Brunswick the traffic is low enough that it won't matter too much but Austin is a scary place with inadequate mirrors. Chuck what style did you finally go with? Maybe I'll try those.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Elder User

Ben i think that's the first time I've seen the front of your truck. I like the no bumper look!! Nice!

'49 F1 239 Flathead
www.waynewaldrep.com/God
Old 02-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Elder User

Gicknordon has a very good reputation on FTE.Gicknordon has a very good reputation on FTE.Gicknordon has a very good reputation on FTE.
gicknordon
im planning on using 67 f100 style side mirrors. They look like theyll be small enough not to look bad but big enough to be effective.

1948 F-1 project 429 big block
Build thread for 48 http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...9-ford-f1.html
Photobucket album for 48 http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/...don/49%20ford/
Old 02-13-2014, 05:40 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks