Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Not the way you hope to break in a new SD

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2014, 05:31 PM
New User

BreakinBones is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not the way you hope to break in a new SD

So I finally ditched the 6.0 Diesel for a Brand new 2014 F350 King Ranch CC w/3.73. And with less than 2000 miles on it I get rear ended on the highway..... I live in Fairbanks Alaska so in the winter we drive on a thin layer of ice. Everyone around here usually drives slower and brakes earlier because of the harsh conditions up here. I work in the Medical field and got called in one night to the ER and after leaving there was a turned over vehicle on the highway on the way home. By the time i approached the scene the troopers were already there, but i was the first vehicle in the slow lane. Worried about the possibility of being rear ended i pulled over on what little of a shoulder that was available due to snow and turned on my hazards. I sat there for about ten minutes till I heard the screech of tires and WHHHAAAAAMMM . Some lady smashes into me. As I get out of my truck to check the damage the Trooper who watched the whole incident nodded his head and said "I guess she didnt see your hazards, Or the other billion flashing lights!". Drives me nuts to think I did almost everything not to get rear ended and yet it still happened. Well there goes my rant for the day!!
Old 02-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Senior User

jeepnford is starting off with a positive reputation.
She was probably gawking at the crash in place of what was right in front of her. Sorry, that sucks.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Senior User

Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
sounds like a sweet truck,, sometimes you just got to chalk it up to freakin bad luck. woman driver in bad weather,, say no more..bet she was texting or talking on phone. hopefully you don't have too much damage and can be back on road soon..Hang in there!!
Old 02-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Senior User

22rimfire is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.22rimfire is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sorry man, that sucks! Insist it gets fixed right with genuine Ford replacement parts. Don't let them bondo anything, it's a New truck! Good luck.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Junior User

saratoga2011 is starting off with a positive reputation.
That sucks bigtime and I know how it feels. Had my 13 maybe a month and it got sideswiped by a genius in a u-haul trying to pass a line of cars at warp speed in a construction zone.

Click the image to open in full size.

Here's the best part:
Old 02-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Senior User

boatflounder is starting off with a positive reputation.
that's my biggest fear, my 08 was to the point where I wouldn't worry about a little damge like that, though it didn't have a scratch on it. now wife drove that one off the levee and I got a brand new king ranch I worry aboust shopping carts hittning it much less some idiot.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:36 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga2011 View Post
That sucks bigtime and I know how it feels. Had my 13 maybe a month and it got sideswiped by a genius in a u-haul trying to pass a line of cars at warp speed in a construction zone.
Ouch that guy was definitely a genius
Old 02-11-2014, 12:37 AM
New User

I took it to the collision center at the Ford dealer where I bought the truck. So I have no fear they will use all the right OEM parts
Old 02-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Freshman User

brickman is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had something similar happen only it was a beat up old 76' f150 flatbed work truck . I had stopped on Painted Post Drive in T.O to look at a job for pricing , got out of the truck and was walking around the back of it when I saw about 200 ft up the road an old lady in a big land yacht sedan came flying around the corner towards me, she hit the curb lost controll and slammed into the left hand side of the back of the truck just a millisecond where i had been walking before. It happened so fast I didn't have time to do anything. I hadn't even cleared past the back of the truck. Apparently she was late for her hair appointment….. Missed me by inches. She was fine. The truck was a write off.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:58 PM