1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

1972 F100 Body Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 12:01 AM
Bright
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1972 F100 Body Mounts

Hey fellows, I need some help. I'm trying to find some Body Frame Mounts for my F100, but I only need the two for the front Radiator Support. The only ones I can find are kits containing all the mounts and they cost about $50, I'm not really into spending too much money, so can you guys advice me on where I might find just two of the mounts?

EDIT: I'd like to specify, I need the full mount pieces, bolts, washers, rubber dampening pads, the whole thing.

Last edited by Bright; 02-09-2014 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Adding additional information.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:47 AM
trozei
Postmaster
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Bright
Hey fellows, I need some help. I'm trying to find some Body Frame Mounts for my F100, but I only need the two for the front Radiator Support. The only ones I can find are kits containing all the mounts and they cost about $50, I'm not really into spending too much money, so can you guys advice me on where I might find just two of the mounts?

EDIT: I'd like to specify, I need the full mount pieces, bolts, washers, rubber dampening pads, the whole thing.
I can't give you the answer you're looking for because I don't know where to get only the front mounts other than from an auto wrecker. Anyway, I doubt they make only the front mounts as I would assume most people doing the mounts want the whole kit, and secondly it's only $50. The more I spend on my toys the more I see $50 as nothing, which is unfortunate but that's the way my mind has been altered. But hey, if someone pulls through with a source for your front mounts, great!

Putting new rubber up front but keeping the old out back might screw up your body alignment since the new rubber is not at all compressed and the rear cab mounts are. Personally, I would spend the $50 for the kit and do the whole thing as I'd rather all the mounts compress evenly. It's not that hard to lift a cab for a couple hours while you replace some mounts, although this definitely depends on your access to equipment.

Edit: Just found this now. LMC offers a rad support mount kit and it alone is $50. Maybe you were confused and thought the rad + cab mounts were all included in the $50?

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fb/full.aspx?Page=24

Old 02-09-2014, 06:20 AM
EricJ
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Bright

Two words, "Hockey Puck" they work great

Old 02-09-2014, 09:05 AM
orich
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by trozei
I can't give you the answer you're looking for because I don't know where to get only the front mounts other than from an auto wrecker. Anyway, I doubt they make only the front mounts as I would assume most people doing the mounts want the whole kit, and secondly it's only $50. The more I spend on my toys the more I see $50 as nothing, which is unfortunate but that's the way my mind has been altered. But hey, if someone pulls through with a source for your front mounts, great!

Putting new rubber up front but keeping the old out back might screw up your body alignment since the new rubber is not at all compressed and the rear cab mounts are. Personally, I would spend the $50 for the kit and do the whole thing as I'd rather all the mounts compress evenly. It's not that hard to lift a cab for a couple hours while you replace some mounts, although this definitely depends on your access to equipment.

Edit: Just found this now. LMC offers a rad support mount kit and it alone is $50. Maybe you were confused and thought the rad + cab mounts were all included in the $50?

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories
Most all LMC Rubber products are junk and start cracking in about 3 yrs. or so. " You been warned"
orich

Old 02-09-2014, 09:14 AM
trozei
Postmaster
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by orich
Most all LMC Rubber products are junk and start cracking in about 3 yrs. or so. " You been warned"
orich
I'll be doing a frame-off in the summer so this is good information. Where would you buy from?

Old 02-09-2014, 11:25 AM
orich
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by trozei
I'll be doing a frame-off in the summer so this is good information. Where would you buy from?
DC, NPD or Mac's that, I have dealt with. Thiers's other but don't know how good the rubber produces are.. Maybe others will chime in and add there 2cent..orich

Old 08-21-2015, 10:44 PM
afmedic
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wrong place!

Last edited by afmedic; 08-21-2015 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 08-22-2015, 11:29 AM
kenny nunez
Fleet Mechanic
Received 166 Likes on 128 Posts
body mounts

How good are the mounts from Carpenter. I am getting ready to replace the ones on my 68 Ranger.
Several years ago I could not find any for my 67 Galaxie XL . I made replacements from a sheet of 3/4" rubber with a hole saw.

Old 08-22-2015, 09:34 PM
orich
Lead Driver
Kenny theirs still some oe ones floating around on ebay at some ford dealer.
DC has kits like LMC has the last, I heard hopefully for made my the same Co. tho.

They also have poly cushion kits

I had to replaced all my LMC with OEM ones
Orich

Old 08-22-2015, 09:38 PM
mjunk1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have always gone with polyurethane replacements. The Energy Suspension kit was like $150 and it had all the cab mounts, leaf spring bushings, etc. I guess if you are restoring it I could see going back to rubber but if not, then why would you not go to poly? I'm no bushing expert, but I always had it in my mind that was a big upgrade over rubber.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:18 PM
orich
Lead Driver
Poly cab cushions & spring bushing gives a lot harsher ride IMO.
Plus when having 10 ply E load rated tires with out a camper on back.

I'm still using the spring poly bushing that was ok when, I had a c/o camper on as it does a number on the oe rubber bushing in a few yrs.

I hate the dang squeaking noise, I get from the poly bushing sometimes
Orich

Old 08-23-2015, 05:41 AM
mjunk1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1972 F100 Body Mounts

You do have to make sure you don't miss a spot with that grease they give you. I've never actually ridden in one with poly under the cab so I will find out shortly about the ride.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:45 AM
orich
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by mjunk1
You do have to make sure you don't miss a spot with that grease they give you. I've never actually ridden in one with poly under the cab so I will find out shortly about the ride.
I installed the black ones yrs ago that did not come with any grease Graphite
and was told I didn't need any. Boy what a joke or lie that was.

Then some yrs. later got replacement rears & front springs used silicone base grease that did help some. Its seems most of the grease wipes off them when installing them pushing them into the spring eyes an pushing the centers in.

Oh well it is what it is!
Orich

Old 08-23-2015, 04:47 PM
kenny nunez
Fleet Mechanic
Received 166 Likes on 128 Posts
body mounts

Orich, Thanks for the suggestion on oe body mounts. Maybe jeffafa or number dummy can locate some for me.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:42 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by kenny nunez
How good are the mounts from Carpenter. I am getting ready to replace the ones on my 68 Ranger.
Several years ago I could not find any for my 67 Galaxie XL . I made replacements from a sheet of 3/4" rubber with a hole saw.
I'm tryin' Kenny. Work phone busy this morning. So far I got the numbers looked up.
67/72 F100/250 4X2 cab mounts:
front upper....C4TZ810054C.
front lower....C4TZ8100155C.
rear upper....C7TZ8100154A.
rear lower.....C7TZ8100155A.
67/71 f100/350 Radiator support mounts:
upper.....D3TZ1000396C.*********Replaced by EOTZ1000396B....Still available from Ford.
lower......C5TZ8100155A.

I'll run them on the locators as I get a chance.

Quick Reply: 1972 F100 Body Mounts