1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Truckstock 2014 Shawnee Lodge

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 08:06 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
pictures

A few more pictures , First is FORDF348's nice original truck in front of the lodge . second , Raytach and I went riding around the mountain dirt roads , and ended up at a old fire tower that is open to climb . This was the view that rewarded us after a long steep bunch of stairs . Third , view from the lodge rear deck . I sat there Friday morning for about 4 hours , as the rest of the group showed up and got together on the deck . Fourth , another deck view , Fifth , is Harlysman taking charge , and setting the trucks up for there pictures . Six , all right trucks say , cheese . Last are a couple of old trucks for sale near Franklin Tenn 828 349 7878 .

Attached Images         
Old 06-09-2014, 09:10 AM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm 1 for 4 now. It sounds like all of you had a great time. Thanks for posting up pictures! Maybe next year?

Old 06-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am glad it was a nice place. It looks like a beautiful setting! Bob came out Saturday to help pull the barn down. To say he was grumpy and sad that he was not there with you guys would be a under statement . He kept saying " I could be seating around drinking a diet coke and talking with real friends " I told him he didn't have any real friends LOL!!!see you guys soon I hope.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:46 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Chris. I owe you for a TS14 Tee shirt. If you ever ordered them Do you want PayPal a check or ??? Where do we send the $$.
I wish I could have been there as it looked like a lot of fun in the pics they posted but the beast still won't start. Im looking forward to sept in Wi

Old 06-09-2014, 10:18 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
That's how Chris paid for the new truck . Sold tee shirts then didn't show up .

Old 06-09-2014, 11:38 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
Chris is a slave driver, and a pyro. I got to the barn Saturday morning and talk about grumpy! Chris was a little off kilter because he almost burnt up the remainder of barn and his valuable barn boards.

I just look at it like Chris and I had our own mini Truck Stock, minus old Ford trucks, relaxed atmosphere and friendly banter. We did have a big fire, or two, or three, nothing like the aroma of pig waste soaked wood burning. Fun activities like crawl around the collapsed barn with all the rusty nails and heft big barn beams and the occasional dodge the bee. I really liked the constant skidsteer horn beeping. It was a fun 9 hours. Fortunately, Chris didn't use his biological fire fighting technique he used at Flatlander Truckfest to put out the fires at the end of the day, he decide to bury the fires with dirt this time.

I enjoyed it a lot but couldn't come back Sunday, the wife wanted help planting the garden and a few other yard projects, but will try again next Saturday.

Thanks everyone for posting pictures, glad there wasn't any real drama and everything seemed to run smoothly.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
Yep, no drama at all. It all went very smoothly.

I just cleaned a bunch of crud out of my carb. It was stuff that escaped into it before I got the filter installed. With all the driving this past weekend, a piece of that finally got sucked into the right spot. I'm back to full power now. Where do we go this coming weekend? It's probably a good thing retrospectively that I was down on power coming home. Some of those curves were doozies. LOL.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Has anybody heard from FordF348 or Firstrider? We need to make sure they made it back home.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:08 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Firstrider and his wife were traveling by air and had a rental car. They were going to another part of OH to visit family prior to heading home.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:26 PM
fordf348
Laughing Gas
Received 157 Likes on 91 Posts
We got home about 6PM, it was a nice weekend with nice folks......amazing how everyone jumped in on my tire problem......Donnie really took the lead and worked hard changing out the tires
I am surprised no one has mentioned the Tractor show and the horse pull
I broke down about 10 miles from Shawnee, sounds like the same problem Shane had, I removed the carb and found lots of stuff around and in the float chamber......cleaned it out and continued home with no problem
Thanks to all
Ed
near Philadelphia

Old 06-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Glad to see you're home safe and sound, Ed. You discovered what has been very special about the Truckstock events so far--friends helping friends. The only thing we didn't have this time was a shop to do our handy work in. I had no idea you guys were down there in that parking lot working on that truck. Me, Garry, and Amy kept sitting there waiting and waiting for you guys to show up for the campfire. We had just concluded that everybody was tired and not going to fool with it. LOL. Donnie is a great guy. He's been a very good friend to me.

I don't think it was a total coincidence that we both had the same problem with crud in the carb. I can't speak for you, but this past weekend is probably the most fuel that has been pulled through my truck's system since I bought it. The odds of getting something in the jets was obviously higher. It didn't help that I was running 60 mph on the way back from the tractor show, and you were keeping up in that F-3!! Sorry about that, LOL. I was under the impression those trucks couldn't do speeds like that. But with regards to your carb problem yesterday morning, you should have called us!! That's what friends are for at these things!! We would have come out there and helped!! Glad to hear you got it fixed and went on your way.

I'll post some pics of the tractor show and horse pull. That was awesome!!!

Old 06-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Old 06-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Dave, can you imagine how beautiful that view from that fire tower will be in the fall when all the leaves change color?

I'm pretty sure the tractor show/horse pull/antique show is an annual event there at that county fairground area, and I think I heard them say they have an annual car show this coming weekend.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:35 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
After telling the wife all about the weekend , She is sorry she didn't go . Next time she will be there . Doc let me know how many miles to a cookie ,your truck get's ,

Old 06-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Longest drive?

So who out of you guys drove there ford truck the longest?
I need this info and a photo of there truck to send to the FTE Art Department for a T shirt redesign ?
I know how important it is to get this right!
I will pay for the shipping to deliver all the shirts because I didn't make it down there.

Quick Reply: Truckstock 2014 Shawnee Lodge