Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Turbonetics T4 mount

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 01:55 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Turbonetics T4 mount

Hey guys. It looked like these mounts were going to start making a come back a year or two ago, but now they seem to have disappeared. I've talked to a couple vendors about them. One is no longer able to get them and the last two that I've talked to said they could get them and then when I ask for pricing they seem to have trouble getting ahold of a kit or something b/c they work on getting a price for awhile and then nothing.

Does anyone know what happened to the Turbonetics mount? Did they stop making them again or what?? Anyone know of any vendors that can get them or might still have one sitting on a shelf somewhere? I do NOT want to run an Irate mount if I can help it, so let's not have anyone making that suggestion. This thread is only for TN mounts and the availability of them.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:20 AM
FI460
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
Hey guys. It looked like these mounts were going to start making a come back a year or two ago, but now they seem to have disappeared. I've talked to a couple vendors about them. One is no longer able to get them and the last two that I've talked to said they could get them and then when I ask for pricing they seem to have trouble getting ahold of a kit or something b/c they work on getting a price for awhile and then nothing.

Does anyone know what happened to the Turbonetics mount? Did they stop making them again or what?? Anyone know of any vendors that can get them or might still have one sitting on a shelf somewhere? I do NOT want to run an Irate mount if I can help it, so let's not have anyone making that suggestion. This thread is only for TN mounts and the availability of them.
I could be mistaken but I think DFI in Oregon bought the Turbonetics patent. I know they got a T4 patent... You might try and get a hold of Wes there.

Edit: Yep. He bought them out.
(503) 543-3353

Old 02-07-2014, 04:00 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by FI460
I could be mistaken but I think DFI in Oregon bought the Turbonetics patent. I know they got a T4 patent... You might try and get a hold of Wes there.

Edit: Yep. He bought them out.
(503) 543-3353
Oh no.... I'll try to get ahold of them and see what's up. Anyone know anything about this DFI place? I've never heard of them until now that I can think of.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:16 PM
FI460
Cargo Master
Oh no.... I'll try to get ahold of them and see what's up. Anyone know anything about this DFI place? I've never heard of them until now that I can think of.
Met the guy personally. He does all the work on my brothers truck. He started off small and is doing some pretty cool stuff.

I know you dont facebook, but you might go and check out his page (I dont think he has a dedicated website).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DFI-P...38879572825833

If you talk to Wes, call him Pipes.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:19 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by FI460
Met the guy personally. He does all the work on my brothers truck. He started off small and is doing some pretty cool stuff.

I know you dont facebook, but you might go and check out his page (I dont think he has a dedicated website).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DFI-P...38879572825833

If you talk to Wes, call him Pipes.
Oh, but I actually do have the facetube. I'll go check out their page and try to contact them about the T4 kit. Thanks Rick. I might as well have posted this in the OBS section. LOL

Old 02-07-2014, 04:22 PM
FI460
Cargo Master
Haha. Ya. I very rarely come up here but figured I'd check on things. Really one of those strange coincidence things I guess. He had just bought Turbonetics patent when I met him otherwise I never would have known.

He's also doing some work with No Limit. I think Jonathan is remote tuning through DFI's dyno for people in the Portland area now.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:24 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i got my Kit from Nate at Unlimited Diesel,.. this is a complete kit..and I do mean complete.. .This kit includes the collector, bellow up pipes, intake "Y", IC pipes hot/cold side, 2 piece 4" down pipe and the air breather tube are all polished SS..even the bellows and flanges are nice and shiny.. the kit came with all clamps,boots, fittings, nuts and bolts to put it together,,the kit also came with a turbo blanket..

Old 02-09-2014, 10:50 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ron's power stroke
i got my Kit from Nate at Unlimited Diesel,.. this is a complete kit..and I do mean complete.. .This kit includes the collector, bellow up pipes, intake "Y", IC pipes hot/cold side, 2 piece 4" down pipe and the air breather tube are all polished SS..even the bellows and flanges are nice and shiny.. the kit came with all clamps,boots, fittings, nuts and bolts to put it together,,the kit also came with a turbo blanket..
Yeah, they were beautiful kits. I remember seeing pics of yours awhile back. They are by far the nicest mounting kits I've ever seen for the 7.3L.

I sent Nate a message about it about 3 months ago. He said he didn't have any at the shop, but he would look into it for me and I never heard back from him. I'm sure he's been busy and I just kinda forgot about it until the last month or so. Maybe I'll send him a message again soon depending on what I hear from clay and these guys that may have bought the patent.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:07 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Here's the response I got from DFI when I asked if they got the Turbonetics T4 kit patent. $1925 seems pretty steep to me. Call me crazy. Anyways, it seems that question has been answered. The only question now is whether or not DFI will make this thing to the same quality as TN did.

Originally Posted by ;14051388
Yes we did. The kits are going to be for sale in a month or so. We have been working on some minor corrections for a while now. I almost have them completed. The total kit cost minus turbo will be 1925.00. There were minor fitment issues in areas so we have changed some of the piping structures to correct for this. I am waiting on getting the down pipes done. If you like I can add you to the list of people who want one of these. Thank you for inquiry, if there is anything else you need don't hesitate to ask.

Wes Tuttle
DFI Performance Center

Old 02-10-2014, 12:09 PM
FI460
Cargo Master
Here's the response I got from DFI when I asked if they got the Turbonetics T4 kit patent. $1925 seems pretty steep to me. Call me crazy. Anyways, it seems that question has been answered. The only question now is whether or not DFI will make this thing to the same quality as TN did.
Definitely steep, but I know Pipes has put a lot of time into this so I would bet on it being a nice set up.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:28 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mine was $1400 to my door... send a PM to this guy..they built the kit..
Turbonetics 7.3L Stage 2 Pedestal Kit - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Old 02-13-2014, 02:26 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ron's power stroke
mine was $1400 to my door... send a PM to this guy..they built the kit..
Turbonetics 7.3L Stage 2 Pedestal Kit - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
I'll PM him just for fun. $1400 for the nicest kit on the market. I'm jealous. This DFI place is insane if they think people are going to go drop $1900 on their kit.. LOL