Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2014, 12:20 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
March / Spring Chapter Anniversary GTG

It just occurred to me, that it's the first of Feb already and we haven't discussed at all our spring get-together.

Last year we had it at my my shop, anyone want to volunteer to host it this year?

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 02-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Toad Suck or Petti Jean? There was chatter about doing it up my way last fall...while I'm not saying we should do that. If there is interest, I can do some looking around...there is a couple of Corp and/or State parks in the area with suitable meeting places for this Motley Crue. Have Ford...will travel.
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 02-05-2014, 02:29 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
I dunno Joe. You have a big shop. Lots of parking. Nice pond for the kids to drown in. Seems like a perfect place for a gtg. But I'll go anywhere. We need to visit the NW crew for sure.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 02-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Wrench Party Assistant

1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.
ROAD TRIP!!!!! Oh Yeah sounds good to me !

1999.5 F350 XLT,cc,drw,4X4,a pair of levers,4:10 LS

6637 mod, 4"MBRP cool duals,2 pos chip, ss hpx,ITP pre-pump with holley red pump ,140 V IDM , WW, EBPV deleted,AIH deleted, Autometer gauges

Join the Arkansas Chapter Here
Old 02-11-2014, 01:49 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhilton View Post
Toad Suck or Petti Jean? There was chatter about doing it up my way last fall...while I'm not saying we should do that. If there is interest, I can do some looking around...there is a couple of Corp and/or State parks in the area with suitable meeting places for this Motley Crue. Have Ford...will travel.
I'm up for a road trip.. Heck possibly even an overnight stay in the camper... what parks did you have in mind?

- My Garage -

Old 02-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoski View Post
I'm up for a road trip.. Heck possibly even an overnight stay in the camper... what parks did you have in mind?
Well, depends on what everyone is interested in. Springhill is a Corp park in Barling (East of FSM) that has two playgrounds for the kids at heart to choose from as well as several camping spots and two pavilions that I can remember off the top of my head.

Campsite Map V2 - SPRINGHILL, AR - Recreation.gov

Looks like after the first of March, they'll have attendants at the park so reservations are possible; before then it's first come, first served. It's fairly easy to get to...I-40 west (from anywhere in the state) to Van Buren; I540 south toward FSM...then exit onto Hwy 59 south and you'll run into it. If we want to get really off the beaten path...there's Lake Ft. Smith.

Lake Fort Smith State Park - Boston Mountain Range - Ozark Mountains - Arkansas State Parks

Let me start off by saying...you want to go to this park. Just like Devil's Den...10-15 miles off the super slab on the two lane roads will get you there. The park is relatively new (built 2003-2004), so it's still got that new park look to it. I know there's cell phone coverage...my employer had a rules class there last February. I'm not saying it's a bad place...but it's out of the way. Working a little back east...there is Mount Magazine; awesome views as well a hiking trails. Though a March GTG could be interesting if the temps drop and the cloud cover comes down (freezing drizzle/fog). The weather is supposed to be good this weekend...so I can snap a couple of photos of Springhill and Mount Magazine if anyone is interested.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:58 PM
Elder User

Old_Crow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hmm, I'm looking for a place to take my old motorhome with the new roof. I guess you guy would give me a hard time for showing up in a GM rig, huh?
Owner, Vince's Vintage Vehicles. Restoration in the Ozarks.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:39 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Hmm, I'm looking for a place to take my old motorhome with the new roof. I guess you guy would give me a hard time for showing up in a GM rig, huh?
Nah! Just have you park in the back...especially since it's a gasser
Old 02-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Elder User

Old_Crow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I prefer to park in the back anyway. More priviacy that way.
Owner, Vince's Vintage Vehicles. Restoration in the Ozarks.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
I'll put in a vote for Ft. Smith state park. Nice clean facilities and the crappie are starting to bite good by then. Kids can even bank fish and do OK. Nice hiking trail and plenty of parking IIRC.

Rest in peace Mojo. My friend and faithful companion you shall ever be.

Tim
Old 02-22-2014, 11:13 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

What do you guys think? Pavilion? Looks like there is a meeting room available also:

Pavilions at Lake Fort Smith State Park, Arkansas

The room would be a safer bet if it were pouring rain or snowing or something, but we'd all have to go in.

- My Garage -

Old 02-23-2014, 11:10 PM
Wrench Party Assistant

1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.
That would nice when are we going to do this and how much will a pavilion cost us .

1999.5 F350 XLT,cc,drw,4X4,a pair of levers,4:10 LS

6637 mod, 4"MBRP cool duals,2 pos chip, ss hpx,ITP pre-pump with holley red pump ,140 V IDM , WW, EBPV deleted,AIH deleted, Autometer gauges

Join the Arkansas Chapter Here
Old 02-24-2014, 11:36 AM
Senior User

F250W6.0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk View Post
That would nice when are we going to do this and how much will a pavilion cost us .
Our church uses the park quite often so I am pretty sure the pavilion cost around $100 per day. I was wondering WHEN myself. Hoping it is before the 22nd that is when I am supposed to leave for North Central Arkansas.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Postmaster

Since I was up there for class Sunday, figured it was a good time to snap a couple of photos.Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Senior User

F250W6.0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Zach is that one of the new cabins they just finished? I had heard they were working on them this winter but did not know they were done. I need to go look at them.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:40 PM