Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Freshman User

rustyescott is starting off with a positive reputation.
rustyescott
wtb ford canopy

i am looking for a rear glass or rear door for a 1976 factory ford canopy. please contact me at rustyescott@yahoo.com
Old 03-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Senior User

bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.
hey man. my best advice (if you haven't found one yet) is craigslist. i mean, scour that thing everyday. try different categories... don't give up. hell, look at dealerships for trucks with caps on 'em. be patient, and you'll find what you need. took me over a year to find one in my price range... the color doesn't match but i'm all about function before fashion.

good luck man, cheers!
331,000 miles, 6637, stancor GPR, HPx, regulated return kit, melling high volume oil pump, MBRP 5"exhaust, 2.5" leveling kit, Firestone riderites, CCV mod, half of the $.50 mod, foil delete, and NEW BFGs! (one of which was stolen)
AP#3314993
Old 03-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Elder User

LeoJr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just an observation, but it seems like most topper manufacturers use only a few size doors across all of their model styles. I doubt the topper is a true Ford product, it is likely a dealer installed product...but I know little of Ford from this era. So, take measurements and broaden your search?
*1996 F250 crew cab/short bed, 4x4, auto PSD*Looking for gray 40/20/40 seats, I have a dirty set of blue I'd trade *stainless window vents *3/8" shim under the drive shaft carrier bearing has eliminated the take-off shudder *remote door locks work with engine running mod.
Link to my D60 refurb and OBS swap thread Link to my OBS air vent R&R thread Link to my grab handle install
Old 03-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Freshman User

rustyescott is starting off with a positive reputation.
rustyescott
this topper was a factory option in the 70's they were built for ford by leer.
1993 f350 ccdrw 5spd 4:10 rearend 400,000+ millage duralift pump, elec vac pump, hydroboost, oil, trans, rear , temp guages, a/c mod, factory ford canopy, power cloth seats, temp /comp console,coolant filter,
Old 03-12-2014, 11:14 AM
Elder User

LeoJr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyescott View Post
this topper was a factory option in the 70's they were built for ford by leer.
Well there ya go! Now you know what you are hunting for. Good luck!

You may want to read this thread...looks like someone else is hunting for a similar rabbit...maybe y'all can team up somehow...

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...truck-cap.html
*1996 F250 crew cab/short bed, 4x4, auto PSD*Looking for gray 40/20/40 seats, I have a dirty set of blue I'd trade *stainless window vents *3/8" shim under the drive shaft carrier bearing has eliminated the take-off shudder *remote door locks work with engine running mod.
Link to my D60 refurb and OBS swap thread Link to my OBS air vent R&R thread Link to my grab handle install
Old 03-12-2014, 11:14 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners