6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Wipers won't turn off......sometimes!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 12:14 AM
Mstrghettorigg
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wanted to update.

The wiper issue is not resolved, but they asked for me to leave it there over night so they can keep looking at it tomorrow. Little inconvenience but I have another car so it's not that big of a deal. The the creaking noise with the wheels turned they claimed to addressed it. Haven't checked since I haven't gotten the truck back. As for the transmission and the gas mileage they were pretty much dismissed by "well it could be the different gas you put in and other factors" which doesn't really explain the transmission. Hopefully they will at least try to look at something. My last fill I averaged little under 14 mpg. That was pretty much all city driving. This one I'm at about 15.5 mpg with quite bit more high way driving. There are lot of traffic down here so I can see being lower but I was averaging 16.5 mpg on bad weeks before and up to 18 mpg or so on good weeks.

Oh and once in a while I hear weird rattling at front left area of my dash. Basically where the window and the dash meets. They said they'll look but was told it's hard to find solution to issues that doesn't occur all the time. Which is understandable.

I'll report in again tomorrow once I hear back.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:39 AM
Mstrghettorigg
New User
So they replaced the sensor and addressed the wheel sound. Sounds like they just had to lubricate the turn stop.

They were not able to duplicate the sound coming from the dash so it was not addressed.

For the mpg issue, I don't think it was addressed so we will see how it goes. I think they may have done some basic inspection and nothing was out of ordinary. I'll give it couple more fill ups and keep my eyes on it.

Just for reference, Based on the receipt the part was about $20 and labor was 0.5 hours for the sensor replacement.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:12 PM
Mstrghettorigg
New User
So it's still having the same issue. Whatever they replaced did not do the trick. I will call them again on Monday to see what they say. I also took a video so maybe that'll help them.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:51 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mstrghettorigg
... I will call them again on Monday to see what they say. I also took a video so maybe that'll help them.
That's a good idea, Mstrghettorigg. Additionally, let's get your regional customer service manager involved so they can help. To make that happen, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll take it from there.

Crystal

Old 06-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Mstrghettorigg
New User
Hi Crystal,

Thank you for following up. I have sent the requested information to you.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:58 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by Mstrghettorigg
Hi Crystal,

Thank you for following up. I have sent the requested information to you.
I got your message this morning, Mstrghettorigg; thanks for reaching out! Check out your inbox for my reply.

Crystal

Old 07-10-2015, 05:52 AM
99FORD EXPY.
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
JUST HAD MINE FIXED , it started 2 yrs ago sometimes LOL 2 weeks ago they would not turn off for 2 days straight . the problem is with the turn signal/wiper control lever. i was able to stop the wiper on command by moving the lever up and down left turn right turn signal about 6 times and then they would stop. hope this helps ... no i didnt read all 66 post . good luck

Old 07-23-2015, 02:48 PM
seville009
Logistics Pro
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Hopeless Diamond
Real simple, 3 screws holding the bottom column cover on (6(?)mm hex), that comes off and the top cover is held on with tabs. Turn the wheel so you can access the 2 screws holding the stalk on. Old one out, new one in, replace the covers and you're good to go.
Hopeless.....followed your instructions above and it was easy.

I have a 2011 F350. Probably three years ago the washer button would only work if the wipers were actually on. Wasn't a big deal so I left it alone. A few months ago, I started getting the phantom wiper issue - they would start on their own like I had it on slow intermittent. Picked up a new switch at the dealer today ($50, but about half that online. Didn't want to wait). Replaced it and everything works perfect.

One step to add though - I have the adjustable foot pedals, and the button for that is right below the mfs. Once you take the two screws out, have to first pop off the foot pedal control before you can slide the mfs off. If you don't, you'll crack off some of the plastic that holds the screw (how do I know that you ask.....?).

Old 09-14-2015, 06:34 AM
Bandit24
New User
I am having the exact same issue on my 2013 F150 Raptor. which dealership in jax did you take it to gmhorse

Old 09-14-2015, 06:40 AM
Bandit24
New User
Originally Posted by gmhorse
Thanks for the information Darren. Very informative. I have turned the truck off completely, taken the keys out and restarted up to 5 times in a row and the wipers still continue on the lowest intermittent setting. Other times I can cycle the wipers from the full speed to off position a few times rapidly and this will turn them off. I have also tried the spray button idea as Sultan suggested. This idea has never succeeded at turning them off.

I do understand it may be difficult to trace where the issue is coming from and take time to do so. But I still do not agree with the course of action taken by Ford or the repairing dealer. It doesn't really matter what steps need to be taken to fix the issue. Don't just hand me the keys back and say I'm sorry we can't make the wipers on this $60,000.00 vehicle stop even though the switch is off and we guaranteed it to work for 36,0000 miles. If you have no way to figure out the problem then throw a part at it until it is fixed. If the first part doesn't work then take it back off and put another on it.

If you see a man driving around Florida this summer in a black F350 with the wipers going while the sun is shining and it is 98 degrees outside that will be me. Maybe I can get a magnetic sign for the side that says "Ford couldn't figure out how to make my wipers stop" as I drive down the road wiping away!
I am having the exact same issue with my 2013 F150 Raptor. which dealership in Jacksonville did you take it to to get it fixed?

Old 09-14-2015, 12:54 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by Bandit24
I am having the exact same issue on my 2013 F150 Raptor. which dealership in jax did you take it to gmhorse
Welcome to the forum, Bandit24! I'd like to see what I can do to help out with your wiper issue. How many miles are on your truck currently? Do you plan on heading to the dealer soon for diagnosis? If you need help finding a dealer close to you, check out some options by entering your ZIP code here: Ford Dealers | Locate a Ford Dealer Near You | Ford.com

Crystal

Old 09-14-2015, 01:38 PM
Bandit24
New User
20k miles on the truck
bought the truck from ford dealer on blanding blvd zip 32244 (and extended warranty from dealership) in oct 2013

Old 09-14-2015, 02:48 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by Bandit24
20k miles on the truck
bought the truck from ford dealer on blanding blvd zip 32244 (and extended warranty from dealership) in oct 2013
Thanks for responding, Bandit24. Be sure to come back here once you've had your truck diagnosed; I'll look into some options to help after they've taken a look.

Crystal

Old 10-15-2015, 01:50 PM
jjhanna
New User
Originally Posted by FordService
Thanks for responding, Bandit24. Be sure to come back here once you've had your truck diagnosed; I'll look into some options to help after they've taken a look.

Crystal
I have the exact same problem. I was told by Samantha at Sterling, Va ford not to bother bringing the truck in unless the problem was happening. Please help

Old 10-15-2015, 03:17 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by jjhanna
I have the exact same problem. I was told by Samantha at Sterling, Va ford not to bother bringing the truck in unless the problem was happening. Please help
Welcome to the forum, jjhanna! Our technicians do have to replicate a concern before they can proceed with a repair. What's your truck's model year and mileage?

Crystal

Quick Reply: Wipers won't turn off......sometimes!