6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Wipers won't turn off......sometimes!

Old 05-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Had windshield wiper issues in a rental F150. Haven't had this issue in my F350.

I did have to take my truck in several times to get the reverse sensors in the rear bumper fixed. They wouldn't work intermittently - thankfully one time it FINALLY did it in the driveway of the dealership wand hen they went to move to the vehicle. And then they only changed one - and then it did it again... Which finally got the whole system changed out. No problems since then. I was getting tired of hearing they were wet or dirty, neither of which was true.

Those pesky intermittent don't do it in front the service writer problems stink.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:43 PM
gmhorse
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
Hi gmhorse,

You can reach out to your original dealership to see if they'd be willing to assist you with the cost of the deductible. If you'd like, I can document your feedback for internal review; just PM me with a verification of your best daytime phone number and any details you'd like me to include. I'll do the rest.

Crystal
No use Crystal. I contacted Ford customer service and provided the Repair Work order number ( 6065981 ) from the first dealer proving that the issue was documented before the warranty was up. Ford customer service stated that since they could not replicate, and did no repairs until after it was out of warranty that I was responsible for the deductible. Me bringing in the vehicle while still under warranty for wiper concerns, and 2 months later that concern being diagnosed and fixed by another Ford dealer proves that the issue was happening while under warranty. So basically the wipers malfunctioned while still under the factory warranty as documented from work order 6065981, but since Ford couldn't find or fix the problem until after the warranty was out 2 months later they will not honor the factory warranty.

Ford made a promise to me if I bought their vehicle they would take care of any defects on that vehicle during a 36,000 mile time frame. Now they are saying we know you reported this issue before 36,000 miles but we couldn't fix it until 42,000 miles so now you have to pay. Go figure These are sad times indeed. Big business at its finest.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:12 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out Horse.

I am taking note of this as well. I have a transmission issue that was documented and no fix was available for and now there is a fix for it...

Old 05-15-2014, 06:23 PM
department#14/f-250
Freshman User
My truck is doing it right now.

I can't remember where I read it. I do remember that if you take it to the dealer, they would swap out the entire control off the steering wheel with a new one. Regardless if it is under warranty or not. They should fix it without question. Such an ever occurring problem alot of us are experiencing. These "smart" wipers are implemented on just about every new vehicle. Sometimes the department of transportation safety needs to leave well enough alone. If one is so feeble minded to not turn on their windshield wipers&headlights on during inclement weather. The answer is obviously they should not be issued a license to drive. Sick of sitting on gas drilling pads and counting the times the wipers go back and forth. Chewing through $40.00 wipers to fast.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:42 PM
gmhorse
Senior User
UPDATE: The wipers are working perfectly now. It is nice to be able to turn them off for sure. Replacing the switch on the steering column did the trick. The dealer also found that the radiator was leaking after fixing the wiper blades. They replaced the radiator and replace the coolant with a fresh batch. So far I have had a faulty EGT sensor, a faulty windshield wiper switch, and a leaking radiator that was replaced. 45,000 miles currently on the truck.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:33 AM
RB-F250
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
100% exact same issue. I'll be taking mine in tomorrow, hopefully it gets resolved before it becomes a serious (winter) issue.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:38 AM
gmhorse
Senior User
Originally Posted by RB-F250
100% exact same issue. I'll be taking mine in tomorrow, hopefully it gets resolved before it becomes a serious (winter) issue.
Mine ended up being a faulty switch on the wiper control arm. I hope they get you fixed up quickly.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:18 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RB-F250
Any news from the dealership yet, RB-F250? How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal

Old 11-02-2014, 06:29 PM
kywebb
New User
I'm having the same problem with my 2011 F-150 FX4. Just started by itself one morning a couple days ago. This has been the most helpful thread I've read on it. The truck has 61,300 kms on it so I'm over warrenty by 1300 kms. I'm going to the dealer I bought the truck from tomorrow to see if they'll help me out. Glad to have a good idea what the problem is though. Seems like a common problem with Fords.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:23 PM
FordServiceCA
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by kywebb
I'm having the same problem with my 2011 F-150 FX4. Just started by itself one morning a couple days ago. This has been the most helpful thread I've read on it. The truck has 61,300 kms on it so I'm over warrenty by 1300 kms. I'm going to the dealer I bought the truck from tomorrow to see if they'll help me out...
Allow me to help, kywebb. Please PM me your VIN, full name, daytime phone number, and dealer info; I'll escalate your concern to the regional customer service manager.

Kwasi

Old 11-03-2014, 05:53 PM
kywebb
New User
Originally Posted by FordServiceCA
Allow me to help, kywebb. Please PM me your VIN, full name, daytime phone number, and dealer info; I'll escalate your concern to the regional customer service manager.

Kwasi
Thanks Kwasi but I can't PM yet (new member) maybe you could pm me and I can reply?

Old 11-03-2014, 08:04 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks Kwasi but I can't PM yet (new member) maybe you could pm me and I can reply?
Sadly, you cannot receive PM's either.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:14 AM
FordServiceCA
Official Ford Rep
[QUOTE=kywebb;14791729]Thanks Kwasi ...QUOTE]

I just sent you a PM, kywebb. Please pass on the info requested. Thank you.

Kwasi

Old 11-04-2014, 11:38 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by FordServiceCA
Thanks Kwasi ...
I just sent you a PM, kywebb. Please pass on the info requested. Thank you.

Kwasi
how did you do that? I can't send him a PM?

Old 12-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Coopers_dad
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not one to bump old threads but my truck had this same problem last month. I had to pull the wiper arms off as mine started to fail on a sunny day and stuck of high speed.

Replacing the wiper control arm on the steering column solved the problem immediately. Cost about $24 and the dealer had 3 in stock so I'm guessing this is a common problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wipers won't turn off......sometimes!