2007+ Expedition & Navigator2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator
Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.
You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!
Yeah, I would try that. Sounds like a glitch in the radio. If that doesn't work try putting the radio into test mode.
Summarized from the Ford Service Manual:
Speaker Walk-Around Test:
NOTE: To enter the speaker walk-around test or audio unit self-diagnostic mode, the audio unit must be turned on and in radio tuner mode (AM/FM).
1. To enter the speaker walk-around test, simultaneously press and hold the audio unit preset buttons 3 and 6 for approximately 3 seconds, then release.
2. The speaker walk-around test applies sound to each speaker for about 1.5 seconds. Each speaker is tested and displayed on the audio unit in the following sequence: RF, LF, LR, RR.
Audio Unit Self-Diagnostic Mode:
• NOTE: Always document and clear DTCs and carry out the audio unit on-demand self-test again.
1. To enter the following tests, press the desired preset button while in the speaker walk-around test or while in the audio unit self-diagnostic mode.
2. To exit the audio unit self-diagnostic mode, turn the key or the audio unit to OFF.
3. The audio unit self-diagnostic mode has 5 tests available:
• Preset Button 1 = Audio internal/external SELF TEST. This test is an on-demand self-test. If SELF FAIL is displayed, press TUNE > to scroll through the DTCs stored. Refer to the Audio Unit DTC Index. If the system is OK, SELF PASS will be displayed.
• Preset Button 2 = View/Clear continuous DTCs. NO DTCS is displayed if no DTCs are retrieved. If DTCS FOUND is displayed, press TUNE > to view the DTCs retrieved. Refer to the Audio Unit Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index. To clear all DTCs, press the EJECT button. DTCS CLEAR will be displayed.
• Preset Button 3 = SIGNAL TEST. This test measures the average strength at the current tuner setting. ** Perfect for testing antenna types and position changes. **
• Preset Button 4 = Software level query. This test queries each audio system controller for its software configuration level. SOFT LEVELS will be displayed upon completion of the query. Press TUNE > to scroll view the software configuration version level.
• Preset Button 5 = DISPLAY TEST. This test will light all the audio unit display segments for 5 seconds. When the test is complete, DISPLAY TEST is displayed on the bezel.
5. To exit the self-diagnostic mode, press the power button on the audio unit or turn the key to the OFF position.
Audio Unit DTC Index:
DTC - Description - Action
B1317 - Battery Voltage High - CHECK the charging system.
B1318 - Battery Voltage Low - CHECK the charging system.
B1342 - ECU Is Faulted - CLEAR the DTC. CARRY OUT the self-test. If DTC B1342 is retrieved again, REMOVE the audio unit and SEND it to an authorized audio system repair facility.
B2406 - Audio Disc CD Player Internal Fault - CLEAR the DTC. CARRY OUT the self-test. If DTC
B2406 is retrieved again, REMOVE the audio unit and SEND it to an authorized audio system repair facility.
B2477 - ECU Configuration Failure - CLEAR the DTC. CARRY OUT the self-test. If DTC B2477 is retrieved again, REMOVE the audio unit and SEND it to an authorized audio system repair facility. REFER to Section 415-01 . TEST the system for normal operation.
B2924 Audio Button Stuck INSPECT the audio unit for a stuck button and REPAIR the concern, if possible. CLEAR the DTC. CARRY OUT the self-test. If DTC B2924 is retrieved again, REMOVE the audio unit and SEND it to an authorized audio system repair facility.
B2965 - Audio System Speaker Circuit Fault - See Ford Factory Service Manual for troubleshooting steps
1978 F250 Lariat 4x2
2008 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x2
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.