1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel well liners install, Duraflaps,

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 08:08 AM
22rimfire
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wheel well liners install, Duraflaps,

Wanted to put on the wheel well liners, so I went to my dealer to order them, and he had a set in stock said he always keeps one set on hand. They were priced at $127. Here's my install report.

Ready to start. The tech told me if you don't want to take the wheel off, just heat them up a little and they'll go in. I did that, but I really don't think it was necessary. They went in to place very easily. I do think if you can get the four lip screws in while they're still warm though, it helps, as you do have to flex, and move it around a bit.

In this pic you can see how the clips should go on. The directions are pretty vague, and don't tell you to put them on sideways, and it will work to put the on from the outer edge, but IMO that could scratch the inside of the fender lip. Also, they may not line up to the holes in the fender as easy. I had to shave off the edge on one spot where you see the knife. This was so it would move farther in to match the hole. Other than that, the four outer edge holes lined up OK. I did have to bend and pull a bit, but I had them all started pretty quickly. Left them loose till I had everything else in. Make sure you take out the bolts in the support rods fore and aft of the fender before you start as well, this helps you to move things around while lining up.

This is the inside edge. You want to make sure when you install the push-on clips that you locate them where the four cut outs are. Kinda obvious really, but again, the instructions don't tell you this. Once you have the four lip screws started, you put in the two plastic pop in pins through the holes in the round part of the tub, then you push on the four clips in the back that push on to the lip of the box. Tighten up the lip screws, replace the support rod bolts, and you're finished. I didn't try to hurry at all, and it took maybe 15-20 mins per side.

Pic of finished/installed

I installed Duraflaps on the rear at the same time. Here's the right side. Hoping they'll keep the Gibson stainless tip a little cleaner

I also installed Husky Liner guards up front. Duraflap does make flaps for the front, but they look a little too utilitarian to me. I thought these matched the running boards very well also.

So that's it for now. Hopefully the bottom, and sides of the truck will stay a little cleaner now, and I won't be spitting rocks onto my travel trailer as bad. I have a DeeZee Tailgate Assist ordered, so that's the next mod, then an Undercover Classic tonneau to keep things dry and secure when we go camping.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts
Nice write up. Looks good.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:15 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Looks good I installed Duraliner rear inserts back in the beginning of the summer on my 04 and they are one of the best things I have ever done to my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 02-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Bazillions
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in Colorado and we are really getting into sniw season here. This is my second winter up here now, first with my SD. I'm concerned with the mag and the salt infiltration into the wheel wells and such. Will these help keep it out or hinder me cleaning it out? I'm at the spray and pray washes after the roads dry up every time to soap and rinse the undercarriage and wells as best as I can.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Bazillions
Senior User
Btw, nice write up on the install.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:28 AM
22rimfire
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bazillions
I'm in Colorado and we are really getting into sniw season here. This is my second winter up here now, first with my SD. I'm concerned with the mag and the salt infiltration into the wheel wells and such. Will these help keep it out or hinder me cleaning it out? I'm at the spray and pray washes after the roads dry up every time to soap and rinse the undercarriage and wells as best as I can.
They'll help keep the top of the wheel well clean of junk, which is the hardest part to clean/spray anyway. Every thing else is still very accesable, so it shouldn't hinder you from spraying the underside as you do now.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts
Some say spraying the salt off every time just makes the problem worse. Sure the truck may look better but wetting that salt multiple times cant be good. Specially forcing it further into cracks and crevices with pressure. Oil the underneath of the truck in the fall.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Bazillions
Senior User
Thanks.
Btw, I'm on my second Undercover Classic. Two different trucks. Liked it so much on my 150 I got one for my 250, best all around top I think. Very durable. I did the DeeZee a couple if weeks ago and you'll really like it. Went in easy and works perfectly.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Bazillions
Senior User
Originally Posted by Quad Racer
Some say spraying the salt off every time just makes the problem worse. Sure the truck may look better but wetting that salt multiple times cant be good. Specially forcing it further into cracks and crevices with pressure. Oil the underneath of the truck in the fall.
I thought about doing the Fluid Film next year. Pretty sure I will.
The car wash I stop off at has a setting for the mag in the winter, bugs in the summer. No one is there to explain the difference in the chemical/soap but I was under the impression it had some sort if neutralizer in it.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Big Vic
Senior User
Nice job...for those considering this install, I would also look at Rugged Liners, which cover a bit more area.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:44 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
We got a lot of snow this year in NJ and trust me they are putting salt down like crazy. Ever since I bought my truck new a day or two after they salt I wash my truck from top to bottom, flush everything under the truck out with a garden hose, in the summer I do it a few more times along with touching up rusty spots and my truck is still going rust free KNOCK ON WOOD

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 07-28-2015, 03:21 PM
Good listener
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I installed the factory liners today on my 2015 Lariat. It was a bit over an hour job. The only modification that I had to make was to elongate the lower rear holes to accommodate the mud flap screws. No big deal. I have the 5th wheel prep package which made the factory liners the only choice. They look great and took about as much time as a truck wash to install!