VetNet A forum dedicated to ALL Veterans... their unique needs and wants. A place where Veterans old and new can discuss their problems and find the help and support they are looking for.

2014 VETERANS NETWORK (VETNET) at FTE

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Call off the "TEUFEL HUNDEN" -they were three hours late posting it at "BANCO di MARICA's"

(Bank of *******)

It wasn't DFAS's fault, I guess B of A has a late night shift that took their own sweet time about it.

It worried hell out of me though - I was following it until 0230

I do my mortgage PYT first thing if I am up - and it is supposed to be there at 0001....

Old 05-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
I am with BECU and typically all direct deposits show after 2am. BofA used to be midnight, kind of odd. Have you ever thought of going with USAA? Currently have insurance through them and they are great.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:19 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
I am with BECU and typically all direct deposits show after 2am. BofA used to be midnight, kind of odd. Have you ever thought of going with USAA? Currently have insurance through them and they are great.
You have USAA insurance? You say they are great, how so, coverage, price? I've been considering USAA, see if it would be worth the switch. Do you have to be a retiree, or just a veteran?

Old 05-03-2014, 09:50 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,288 Likes on 2,444 Posts
I used USAA for just my vehicles for years, had to switch recently because they could not comete with a bundle deal (home and vehicle) from Hartford.

There prices were always the best, never had a claim, so do not know about that side of it.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:25 PM
monckywrench
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Had a few claims over the years between self and wife.

Zero problems with USAA since I was a young Airman in 1985.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:12 PM
nojoke327
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I switched from geico to usaa and saved $100/month with same coverage

Old 05-04-2014, 02:49 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Thanks Guys, I'm going to do a little "recon" and see what would be best. Right now, I have all of my property and vehicles with State Farm, no issues with them at all, just wondering if I could see any real savings by switching. "A penny saved is a penny earned" as they say!

Old 05-04-2014, 05:29 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,288 Likes on 2,444 Posts
If you have a $100 or $500 deductible see if raising it to $1000 will lower the overall price any?

Tell them you are looking into changing companies to save some money and maybe they will discount something for you? Never hurts to ask.....

Old 05-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
We switched from Geico to USAA and there was a significant cost difference. We also have renters insurance through them. My Seadoo coverage went through USAA to progressive which isnt bad either. Most cars have liability and uninsured motorists. Wifes has Full coverage. The uninsured motorist coverage really helped out too. I was driving my 89 civic home from work on a sunny day and someone without insurance pulled out in front of me. It was all covered and they went after the driver. I Currently serve in the USCG reserves and am a Veteran which is how I use them. I do believe they made it open to prior service and family though.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I never go with Geico or progressive because of some problems I had with them a long time ago. The package deal I have now is through ALLSTATE and is far less expensive - even though I had a claim for an entire roof a few years ago when we had a real bad storm rip through here.

If you ever have a claim with progressive or geico, my experience with them is that they will jump through their own backsides to find a way to drop you like a hot rock!

Old 05-04-2014, 08:47 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Greywolf
I never go with Geico or progressive because of some problems I had with them a long time ago. The package deal I have now is through ALLSTATE and is far less expensive - even though I had a claim for an entire roof a few years ago when we had a real bad storm rip through here.

If you ever have a claim with progressive or geico, my experience with them is that they will jump through their own backsides to find a way to drop you like a hot rock!
I'm not dissatisfied with State Farm, just curious if USAA would be cheaper, which with everything being bundled through State Farm, I'd lose whatever discount I currently get, so the savings would probably be offset, going to check it out though.
Wolfe, as far as Allstate is concerned, I had a terrible experience with those pukes after Hurricane Katrina, not going into the diatribe of the experience here, suffice it to say, I will never purchase any insurance from them again for anything. To be fair though, folks got screwed pretty hard after Katrina down here regardless of the carrier.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Well there were two sides to what happened up here a few years ago also.

Being declared a disaster area, almost all claims went through without a hitch.
But because of that - just about all premiums went up a bit too...

And I have a standing gripe with the local fire department being a bunch of volunteers that are really bad at it. Because of them, our area has double the premiums that people in nearby towns have that are listed with a state or local supported department.

That right there is something I wish I had known before settling here

Old 05-05-2014, 09:49 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Greywolf
Well there were two sides to what happened up here a few years ago also.

Being declared a disaster area, almost all claims went through without a hitch.
But because of that - just about all premiums went up a bit too...

And I have a standing gripe with the local fire department being a bunch of volunteers that are really bad at it. Because of them, our area has double the premiums that people in nearby towns have that are listed with a state or local supported department.

That right there is something I wish I had known before settling here
Long story short, Insurance is the ultimate Ponzi Sheme, regardless of who you have.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Insurance 101:
"SO! Like my cousin Nunzio was just sayin' to yez - pay up and maybe nuthin' will happen to you and your family..."

Old 05-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
WOW!

New find:

Absolutely stunning warplane videos, and free to watch!!!!

See this link:

Zeno's Warbird Videos - World War II Pilot Training videos & air combat documentaries playing for free over the Internet

I just watched a pilots training film on air to air combat during WWII

If nothing else - I can use that in video wargaming...

Quick Reply: 2014 VETERANS NETWORK (VETNET) at FTE