Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2014, 02:23 PM
Senior User

Amelio is starting off with a positive reputation.
4wd is worth every penny!!!!

Here is Atlanta the need for 4wd does not pop up much and I rarely take my truck off road. When I bought this truck I wanted 4wd because I knew if that one moment arose I would be pissed if I didn't have it.

Well last night that moment came....... Since I bought my truck last December I have not had a need to use 4wd. Well yesterday we got hit with weather we typically don't see here in the south.

When I lefty office at 5pm it was a snowing pretty good, the roads already iced up and most major roads were grid locked with wrecked cars.
When I left I just activated the ELD and left it in 2wd. I was surprised how well the truck did went up most inclines without any issue.

I got to one major incline and the road was solid ice. Major traffic jam..... Several trucks and cars stuck and sitting sideways. I switched to 4H and went around everyone no problem.

I got to the top of the hill an the one major issue for the backup was a guy in a Benz that was stuck. Two cops were there with just their lights on I asked if either of them had a tow strap..... They said no. Well I had a little ratchet strap and use it. I pulled the guy out of the way which freed up the traffic jam.

Fortunately I dropped my company vehicle off at the dealer for service Monday night and drive my truck. All I can say is I am damn glad I did because I would have been sleeping in the car like a lot of other people that got stuck.

I don't use 4wd often but I am damn glad I had it and yesterday made it worth every penny it cost!!!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:04 PM
Senior User

Hotrod70d is starting off with a positive reputation.
it sure is nice . we got 7inches here over the weekend, not alot but enough.i usually drive around most people, no one stuck they just drive too slow.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:17 PM
Senior User

BigMix is starting off with a positive reputation.
Same here. 4x4 got me through a couple of slick places today as well. I only got 4x4 because it was the only truck on the lot that was CCLB. Glad I did.

Good to hear that you didn't get stuck like so many did on the interstates around ATL Metro.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:35 PM
New User

RBALAN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Took me 12 hours to drive from Norcross to Holly Springs, normally its about 45 minutes. Had there not been thousands of 2wds all over the place and clogging the roads, I think it would have been 1 1/2 hours tops. I'll always buy 4wd.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:52 AM
Elder User

tjcprop has a very good reputation on FTE.tjcprop has a very good reputation on FTE.tjcprop has a very good reputation on FTE.
I live in Canada and plow snow so 4wd is a MUST. Unlike your trucks, all ours have a plug-in hanging out the front and this is not because truck is echo electric.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:52 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8