Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009+ F150 Discuss the 2009 through 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2014, 11:36 AM
Senior User

SabreFX4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SabreFX4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ford VS Ford towing videos

A couple of interesting towing comparison videos....F250 with the 6.2 VS Raptor with 6.2 Kinda long, but they give a pretty complete picture.

Part 1

Part 2

Old 01-30-2014, 09:39 AM
Elder User

blueovelboy has a good reputation on FTE.blueovelboy has a good reputation on FTE.blueovelboy has a good reputation on FTE.
apples to apples and oranges to oranges and 1/2 ton to 3/5 ton
2012 F150 XLT 4X4 crew cab 5.0 with 3:55 lockable rear end
Old 01-30-2014, 09:48 AM

meborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud of
on thing i found amusing is their discussions about the gear ratio.

3.73's on an f250 with stock tires is the same overall gear ratio as the raptor with 4.10's and the stock 35's.

i always enjoy watching these guys act like they know what they are talking about.
Be yourself - Always ... Unless you can be Batman, then Always be Batman
Old 01-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Senior User

Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meborder View Post
on thing i found amusing is their discussions about the gear ratio.

3.73's on an f250 with stock tires is the same overall gear ratio as the raptor with 4.10's and the stock 35's.

i always enjoy watching these guys act like they know what they are talking about.
I agree these knuckleheads do the most crazy comparisons. Just compare like model trucks,, is that too hard for them. But I did notice the 3.4 MPG on that Raptor..Yikes,,, by the time you get to top of the hill its time to fill up!! No way would want to use a Raptor for any really towing with those numbers..
Old 01-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Posting Guru

PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.
what I find funny is the fake russian guy...lol

My Mod Thread 2013 F150 Platinum, Ego-Boost, 3.73, max tow, skid plates, and bed liner, 32% ceramic tinting.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:52 AM

meborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud of
did anybody else notice that the weight distributing hitch was a clear afterthought to the test?

at 10:32, the knucklehead #1 is measuring now much the rear squats under load, while knucklehead #2 and #3 are assembling the WD hitch in the parking lot. What was the point of measuring the rear squat before the WD hitch was assembled, anyway?

doesn't look like they did a very good job of adjusting the WD hitch either, as the rear was very low on the way up the hill.

look at 12:02 !!! the friggin WD chain on the passenger's side is friggin hanging loose!!!! OMG what a bunch of bafoons! either use the equipment right, or don't friggin bother!!!

more clear evidence that they were only installing that WD hitch to shut people up about towing more than 5k with out a proper hitch, and they weren't serious about using it. (or had no clue how)

still fun to watch, though, i guess.
Be yourself - Always ... Unless you can be Batman, then Always be Batman
Old 01-30-2014, 01:00 PM
Postmaster

Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meborder View Post
did anybody else notice that the weight distributing hitch was a clear afterthought to the test?
Yup. They also had another "Ike Gauntlet" episode (yoda vs. chevy vs. ford) where they were clearly well over the need for a WD hitch and they measured the "squat". They were also making comments about the headlights pointing up and blinding oncoming traffic. Humm... wonder why that might have happened? I can't take those guys seriously...

Old 01-30-2014, 02:49 PM
Posting Guru

paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.
Agreed with Robbgt. But they sure are amusing.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:15 PM
Posting Guru

paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.
If you think these are bad you should watch the video that compares the 15 Silverado HD to the Superduty and the Ram HD. Talk about a manufacturer sponsored hoax. I couldn't help but laugh over that video.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:12 PM
Posting Guru

640 CI Aluminum FORD has a great reputation on FTE.640 CI Aluminum FORD has a great reputation on FTE.640 CI Aluminum FORD has a great reputation on FTE.640 CI Aluminum FORD has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paredneck33 View Post
If you think these are bad you should watch the video that compares the 15 Silverado HD to the Superduty and the Ram HD. Talk about a manufacturer sponsored hoax. I couldn't help but laugh over that video.
The worst one's I've seen so far are the Howie Long GM commercials.

But I've been watching these guys (Fast Lane Truck) is their youtube channel. And they do seem to be pretty clueless in their tests.

I recently watched one where they compared Ford,GM and Dodge 1/2 tons with their big V8 options, Ford 6.2L GM 6.2L and Dodge 5.7L in a towing acceleration test. The Ford 6.2L was the first one tested and actually set the quickest time about 1/2 second faster to 60mph than the 2014 Silverado 6.2L. So when they tested the Silverado they gave it two chances (2nd time the Silverado set a quicker time) while Ford and Dodge only got 1 chance. To me that shows a clear bias and poor testing measures.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Elder User

blueovelboy has a good reputation on FTE.blueovelboy has a good reputation on FTE.blueovelboy has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 CI Aluminum FORD View Post
The worst one's I've seen so far are the Howie Long GM commercials.

But I've been watching these guys (Fast Lane Truck) is their youtube channel. And they do seem to be pretty clueless in their tests.

I recently watched one where they compared Ford,GM and Dodge 1/2 tons with their big V8 options, Ford 6.2L GM 6.2L and Dodge 5.7L in a towing acceleration test. The Ford 6.2L was the first one tested and actually set the quickest time about 1/2 second faster to 60mph than the 2014 Silverado 6.2L. So when they tested the Silverado they gave it two chances (2nd time the Silverado set a quicker time) while Ford and Dodge only got 1 chance. To me that shows a clear bias and poor testing measures.
well they did slam the Chevy in it shifting compeered to the raptor. but who ever pays this group is wasting money!
2012 F150 XLT 4X4 crew cab 5.0 with 3:55 lockable rear end
Old 02-01-2014, 09:34 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150