Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2014, 04:03 PM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Your build is far from being "black and white".
...and way too many Bonus Built/Economy Built parts...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-29-2014, 06:37 PM
Elder User

52'F-3 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
my truck is all pretty tame except the interior, folks either like it or hate it...

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:04 PM
oldmerc

oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.
Goodness but that paisley print is quite lively
Iffley Saskatchewan
Old 01-29-2014, 09:39 PM
Elder User

Gicknordon has a very good reputation on FTE.Gicknordon has a very good reputation on FTE.Gicknordon has a very good reputation on FTE.
gicknordon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52'F-3 View Post
my truck is all pretty tame except the interior, folks either like it or hate it...

Where did you get the pattern for the bottom part of the door panels? Or did you just make them yourself?
1948 F-1 project 429 big block
Build thread for 48 http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...9-ford-f1.html
Photobucket album for 48 http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/...don/49%20ford/
Old 01-30-2014, 03:59 AM
Senior User

Aus56 has a good reputation on FTE.Aus56 has a good reputation on FTE.
Jagred, that is a great looking interior, certainly unusual. I don't like grey normally as every modern car for about 15 years seems to have a medium to dark grey interior here in Australia, but I like that combo you have there.

Tinman, you can recolour leather, it is not hard, but you need the right product. To go from black to tan you would first put on a colour in between black and tan, then put on the finish colour. I used to repair and recolour leather, vinyl and plastic for some years and recoloured many leather jackets. Did not take on lounges etc, but did touch up repairs, small and large on lounges, car seats etc. Stuff I could do on site. Just get the right product and you are laughing.
My old girl has the original look, which I do love. It does have a few mods, but I think it is only lightly toasted. I would like to customise the body of my truck, but don't have the nerve, the skill or the money to do significant custom panel work rebuild. Long live the darkside and those with the courage to travel there.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:35 AM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
I think that the carmel or some kind of medium brown would look great with the green exterior. I like the white dash (out of a shoebox Ford?) too, and you might need one of these to size an aftermarket speedo. I made this one out of mahogany for my 50 Ford that I did years ago.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Welder User

tinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus56 View Post

Tinman, you can recolour leather, it is not hard, but you need the right product. To go from black to tan you would first put on a colour in between black and tan, then put on the finish colour. I used to repair and recolour leather, vinyl and plastic for some years and recoloured many leather jackets. Did not take on lounges etc, but did touch up repairs, small and large on lounges, car seats etc. Stuff I could do on site. Just get the right product and you are laughing.
That is great to know, thanks! I would seriously be interested in doing this, will PM you when the time comes.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...uck-build.html
"you can call a pig a duck, but that won't make it quack!"
Old 01-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Welder User

tinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by topmoo View Post
I think that the carmel or some kind of medium brown would look great with the green exterior. I like the white dash (out of a shoebox Ford?) too, and you might need one of these to size an aftermarket speedo. I made this one out of mahogany for my 50 Ford that I did years ago.
Topmoo, I have the stock gauge cluster/speedo with updated gauges, but your wood accent looks great!

Looks like your car has a white dash or interior? Got any more pics of it you can share?
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...uck-build.html
"you can call a pig a duck, but that won't make it quack!"
Old 01-30-2014, 11:10 AM
Postmaster

CharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to all
Here is a fellow club member's truck...he is a "horse guy" and wanted something that reminded him of horse tack/leather. It looks much better in person, especially when seen with the $35K paintjob framing it...
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2014, 01:34 PM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman52 View Post
Looks like your car has a white dash or interior? Got any more pics of it you can share?
I built that car in the early 90's and did all the mechanical, got it running and driving, but only painted the interior. I got into a very nasty divorce and had to sell it before getting to the rest of the paint and body, and for some reason I never did take pictures except of the speedo. I thought I might make a bunch of the rings and sell them - but I just never did anything with it.
I lost interest in a lot of things for a while, being a single parent with a 5 year old daughter and going through a divorce that went on for 4 years. I ended up getting custody and the house but didn't get back into cars until I built the woodie in my Albums. I wish I had pics of that '50 Ford, it was pretty nice with an EFI 5.0/auto out of an 86 F150 that had been wrecked. I had a Jamco front suspension and the rest was stock. Wish I still had it, but a lot went away to pay for lawyers...
Old 01-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLed View Post
Here is a fellow club member's truck...he is a "horse guy" and wanted something that reminded him of horse tack/leather. It looks much better in person, especially when seen with the $35K paintjob framing it...
That must be some "club". Nice looking interior, 35K paint - Wow!
Old 01-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Junior User

PHXHawk is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hal Nelson
Another option might be Indian or saddle blanket seat covers. Google that and you'll find a wide variety of colors and styles. I think that is an attractive and inexpensive choice in old trucks. Of course, I'm in AZ. Might not work everywhere.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:02 PM
Posting Guru

Chris 56 f6 has a great reputation on FTE.Chris 56 f6 has a great reputation on FTE.Chris 56 f6 has a great reputation on FTE.Chris 56 f6 has a great reputation on FTE.
You could use a brown cow hid. You get brown and white !
52 f6 dump truck build site
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/13...-s-kansas.html
50 F5 (S)flat bed dump build site
Old 01-31-2014, 05:41 AM
Senior User

Aus56 has a good reputation on FTE.Aus56 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLed View Post

What a glorious interior, and the paint job looks like it would be stunning.
My old girl has the original look, which I do love. It does have a few mods, but I think it is only lightly toasted. I would like to customise the body of my truck, but don't have the nerve, the skill or the money to do significant custom panel work rebuild. Long live the darkside and those with the courage to travel there.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Posting Guru

Chris 56 f6 has a great reputation on FTE.Chris 56 f6 has a great reputation on FTE.Chris 56 f6 has a great reputation on FTE.Chris 56 f6 has a great reputation on FTE.
I found this on a truck for sale on ebay. I like the look but you could change the Maureen color to ???? Green. Tan. Then the white dash would tie back in to it
52 f6 dump truck build site
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/13...-s-kansas.html
50 F5 (S)flat bed dump build site
Old 02-05-2014, 11:11 PM