Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Elder User

wallster has a very good reputation on FTE.wallster has a very good reputation on FTE.wallster has a very good reputation on FTE.
How to drive my wife nuts

I photoshopped this on the door of my truck and I told my wife I'm planning on painting it on Ol' Red. She went nuts, told me that it looks stupid and it would ruin the truck, lol. I actually kind of like it but I don't think I could do it.

wally
Attached Images

"No amount of planning will ever replace dumb luck"
Old 01-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
LOL....."It's the big one"

Thats pretty funny. It does look good but I don't think I'd do it

All I have to do to drive my ol' lady nuts is to start talking truck stuff......I can see her eyes glaze over within a minute or two...

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 01-27-2014, 10:05 PM
Posting Guru

The Horvaths has a good reputation on FTE.The Horvaths has a good reputation on FTE.The Horvaths has a good reputation on FTE.
I think that a dry cleaners could have a truck that was badged "Salvage and Son - Sanfordizing".
Old 01-27-2014, 10:13 PM
Senior User

tigerfan79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd have to at least get a magnetic sign duplicating the graphic!
Old 01-27-2014, 11:17 PM
Postmaster

Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.
I really like the door art, but I just can't approve of "Sanford and sons" on your truck. She is way too pretty. I have to agree with your wife...you can do better!

Something like "Wally's Manure Spreading"...."We wear tall boots"
Old 01-27-2014, 11:41 PM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Hey, I did it. That's my last name and I have a son. Best $500 I ever spent on the truck.

I think your truck looks great with that signage on the doors.
...and way too many Bonus Built/Economy Built parts...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-28-2014, 07:36 AM
Elder User

wallster has a very good reputation on FTE.wallster has a very good reputation on FTE.wallster has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan View Post
Hey, I did it. That's my last name and I have a son. Best $500 I ever spent on the truck.

I think your truck looks great with that signage on the doors.
That looks great on your panel truck.

Wally

"No amount of planning will ever replace dumb luck"
Old 01-28-2014, 10:40 AM
Posting Guru

firstrider is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.firstrider is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ilya , your panel is a work of art !!! It is beautiful .Maybe with the signage you can use it for a tax write off .

The stock truck under const. will have oak side boards from Grandpa & Dad's mill with A. Dahle & Sons Lumber & Land Clearing on one side in tribute to Grandpa & on the other side Dahle Lumber & Supply - Haugen Wis. in tribute to my Dad . Can't wait .
1994 Dodge Ram Van ( the work truck ) ,1993 Dakota w/ 44k mi.,1952 F-1 the 1ST-RIDE ,23 T-Roadster w/ 426 wedge bored to 440 (85 % done ) ,1952 F-1 stock (under const) "Those of you who think you know it all are really annoying to those of us who do " Mark Donahue or Roger Penske Indy '71
Old 01-28-2014, 11:09 AM
Senior User

abeagle is starting off with a positive reputation.
The panel and sedan deliveries look great with signage. There is another option if you happen to like it. I built wood bed stake boards with one long and one shorter in bed length. The wife agrees with the plan to get signs I can put on or remove from the bed stake boards. It is an old telephone truck and we plan to use some old Bell Co logos. The wife agreed since her Dad and Mom were both telephone co workers for about 40 years. Just a thought if you or your wife don't want signage on the cab. Love the red color on your truck.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:50 AM
Every day is Saturday...

Jolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeagle View Post
There is another option if you happen to like it. I built wood bed stake boards with one long and one shorter in bed length.
I plan to do the same on my stakes... some year... when I get around to making them.

Thought I'd do something with one of the (no longer in existence) local citrus growers.

51 F4 "Betsy" http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...4-project.html "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford
Old 01-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Posting Guru

tacson has a very good reputation on FTE.tacson has a very good reputation on FTE.tacson has a very good reputation on FTE.
My driver is no ways as nice as yours but this is a stick on that was done by a local sign company that lettered the company trucks. It will come off.

This is my WIFE's side.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:15 PM
Postmaster

WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Tacson, I like it. The wife said I could put WALFORD and WIFE logo on 1 of my 56s. LOL
Old 01-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Posting Guru

tacson has a very good reputation on FTE.tacson has a very good reputation on FTE.tacson has a very good reputation on FTE.
Walford not many wives gonna argue or disagree with something for them.. The driver side is mine. The number is my late Dad's birthday. The wife side is made up numbers. To answer a common question about different signage on the doors. Can one see both doors at the same time?
Old 01-28-2014, 03:39 PM
FTE fan

underthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud of
I think signage looks good on All F-1s, I still remember a Panel back in the 50s, that cruised the neighborhood. It was pale yellow, with a green and white striped canvas awning off the back. It had large pull out drawers under the awning full of doughnuts. Ill never forget it , The "Colonial Bakery" truck, painted signage similar to Ilyas. How's that for advertisement, I still remember it after all these years. Of course all the trucks, large and small, were very cool in those days. Ice trucks, garbage trucks, milk trucks. What a great time to grow up.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:28 AM
Postmaster

GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.
I started Mt. Pickett Woodworking in 1981. Since the mid 90's we have built most of our projects with salvaged or reclaimed materials. I call that side of the business 'Mt. Pickett Salvage' Large beams are sold for construction of custom homes and we also saw them into dimensional lumber for our woodworking projects, mainly kitchens, doors,and furniture. The GMC was sold last year when I finished my '59 F350, and that's not my yard, just a place where I buy old timbers to haul back to the island. Now I'm building up a '47 two ton mostly to use around the sawmill and short trips.....
Attached Images

'92 F350 4x4 dual wheel service truck. 7.3 with headers and glass packs. 5 sp man tran. 255 85 16 Toyos. 110,000 miles. '59 F350 9' flareside new project, cummins 6at turbo diesel, sm 465 4 spd. 255 85 16s again, 37 ford 1 1/2 ton stake with 53 flathead V8. 65 toyota landcruiser fj 45 longbed pickup. 54 GMC 3/4 ton flatbed w/ cummins 6at, '68 BSA 441 Victor Special, bone stock, Antique tractors and one lung flywheel engines .....
Old 01-29-2014, 01:28 AM