Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2014, 01:54 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
We already knew this...

"According to a new survey of 2,000 men and women by Insure.com, women think the most attractive men tend to drive black Ford pickup trucks. "

Let's see, Doc has three black Fords... Who else? We saw the young lady in Cody's Prototype pics... Face it, they're chick magnets!
Old 01-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Old Henry Ford knew this way back in the day. As the only color ya could
get for years was black.

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 01-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
Don't forget Dick and DW, they both have black trucks.

Red trucks are just sportier, red truck owners tend to attract the less desperate women.
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 01-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Postmaster

Harrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to all
Well Dale seems to attract a lot of young beauties with his yellow truck.
I know having it in the garage in a million pieces sure doesn't help your cause. That seems to make it a repellent even to the women living in the house.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
I don't know, having a vehicle in a million pieces seems to keep the ladies in the house very interested.

First:

"You bought what?!!"

Then:

"How long is it going to take?"

"When are you going to that thing running?!!"

"When is it going to out of the garage?!!"

"I don't remember that part being here before?"

"How much did you pay for that?!!"

There always seems to be a lot of interest.
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 01-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
After being divorced three times I think I'll paint mine Olive Drab.
With Orange trim and a light blue top.

What cha all think?

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 01-27-2014, 03:22 PM
Postmaster

yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic y block View Post
After being divorced three times I think I'll paint mine Olive Drab.
With Orange trim and a light blue top.

What cha all think?
Someone should Photoshop that.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:05 PM
Elder User

49f3dls has a very good reputation on FTE.49f3dls has a very good reputation on FTE.49f3dls has a very good reputation on FTE.
They won't allow me to paint mine black- I'm just too ugly !!
Old 01-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Post Fiend

4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all
My black F2 attracts women, but not a dang one of wants to come over and clean the house - I even offered a sweat band and those yellow rubber gloves
1952 Ford F2x2 (Non-Stock Flat 6)
1997 Ford Explorer
Every Thing I've Ever Said Is A Lie
Old 01-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Old guy with old toys

raytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to behold
The only thing my black vehicles ever attracted was dirt.
2007 F150 SC. Driven once in a while. 2015 Escape SE EB 1.6 Wife's ride
If there’s one thing that the government is highly skilled at, it is creating excessive amounts of bureaucracy and extra layers of red tape for people to wade through.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Postmaster

Doc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to behold
Actually I have 3 black Ford trucks, a black Z28, and a black Harley. Even with that being said, I am still contemplating painting my 1950 F-1 project black. The black theme just kind of snuck up on me. I looked up one day and said, "Dam I must be a vampire or something." Ray is right--they show every speck of dirt. And the rumors are true-- I have to carry a stick in every truck to beat the women away.
1997 F150 XLT, 4.6L
2008 F250 XLT, 6.4L Powerstroke
2011 Expedition EL
Old 01-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Postmaster

Harrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj49f2 View Post
"When is it going to out of the garage?!!"
That's my big one. Or more precisely. "I want to get my car in the garage!"

My oldest daughter countered her mom with "A lot of the junk in the garage is yours!" I just smiled and didn't say anything.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:54 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Well, I can attestt to the fact that a multicolored morphodite of a truck does nothing to attract the shiny young darlings.

Oh well, they are a pleasure to look at and fun to hold, but I wouldn't want to own one.

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 01-27-2014, 06:54 PM
oldmerc

oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Actually I have 3 black Ford trucks, a black Z28, and a black Harley. Even with that being said, I am still contemplating painting my 1950 F-1 project black. The black theme just kind of snuck up on me. I looked up one day and said, "Dam I must be a vampire or something." Ray is right--they show every speck of dirt. And the rumors are true-- I have to carry a stick in every truck to beat the women away.
Can't say i've ever thought of a medical man . Now Dentists
Iffley Saskatchewan
Old 01-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Posting Guru

firstrider is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.firstrider is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Red & chrome draws them like moths to a flame !!!
1994 Dodge Ram Van ( the work truck ) ,1993 Dakota w/ 44k mi.,1952 F-1 the 1ST-RIDE ,23 T-Roadster w/ 426 wedge bored to 440 (85 % done ) ,1952 F-1 stock (under const) "Those of you who think you know it all are really annoying to those of us who do " Mark Donahue or Roger Penske Indy '71
Old 01-27-2014, 09:43 PM