6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Are rear wheel well liners and bushwacker fender flairs compatible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 11:40 PM
n6nfg
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are rear wheel well liners and bushwacker fender flairs compatible?

Haven't seen either the liners or the fender flairs up close yet, but is seems like they would both run into each other where the mounting around the fender is, like they would want to use the same holes.

Anyone have advice on what works (ford brand or aftermarket) for the liners and the bushwacker extend-a-fender model installed together?

Old 01-24-2014, 12:55 AM
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good question. I have bushwhacker pocket flares and would like to know too.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:04 AM
jfralph
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too would be interested in this info. I already have the wheel well liners and the ford heavy duty mud flaps on my truck. Now, I notice that a lot of spray, mud and road grime is plastered on the outside of the truck from winter tires that are same size, but more aggressive than stock. I thought adding the fender flares might take care of some of that.

Someone must have some experience with these add-ons together!

Old 01-24-2014, 09:32 AM
ggadwa
Senior User
Are Rear wheel Well Liners and Fender Flares compatible

I have aftermarket Rear Wheel Well Liners, better than OEM as they go down further against the frame rail. I also have Stampede RIDERZ Fender Flares and they are completely compatible with each other. The one thing that was NOT compatible were the FORD OEM Mud Flaps or Splash Guards. The had to GO.

I am very happy with my Flares and Wheel Well Liners.

GARY

Old 01-24-2014, 05:58 PM
n6nfg
Senior User
I called Bushwacker customer service and inquired about this. They said they hadn't heard of someone wanting to use their flairs with anyone's liners (kind of what I expected to hear). They did say the extend-a-fender flairs did expect to lay flat against the inner fender surface (not be on top of a liner that was put there first) and the attaching clips would monopolize the mounting holes when the plastic pegs were inserted (haven't watched the install video of theirs yet). This really sounds like a conflict at the mounting holes and inner fender mounting surface in the making

Old 01-24-2014, 09:01 PM
remhaust
Senior User

Honestly I dont see why the bushwacker flares would be a problem with any.The bushwackers I have mount to the oem holes in the lip of the fender,so if anything(wheel wells) need to be attached there then you still can.I could be wrong tho

Old 01-25-2014, 08:51 PM
Kwik250
New User
Yes, they do. Just installed a set of Bushwhacker pocket flares with the rear fender liner. However, the supplied hardware can't be used, at least part of it. Obviously, the front has liners and the flare attaches with the 5 factory screws that hold the liner to the inside lip of the fender. The liner has something metal on it and you can get those little screws pretty tight. The rear flares are supposed to be attached with a clip that slides over the lip and a very short screw that does not protrude out the other side of the clip. It also has a 1/4" or so bolt that attaches the front and rear bottom corner the the bottom of the bed. I assumed what was good enough for the front was good enough for the back so I used the factory screws and whatever is on the liner to screw into. The rear bottom factory screw does not match the flare. but there is a hole up slightly already in the fender lip that I used the Bushwhacker clip on. 5000 oilfield miles and they haven't loosened any, so looks like they're gonna stay.

Brad W.