Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2014, 10:46 PM
Floyd's Servant '55 F100

fabieber is starting off with a positive reputation.
Click the image to open in full size.

Another test. If this appears I know what I did wrong with the others

Fred
Old 01-28-2014, 10:50 PM
Floyd's Servant '55 F100

Success with picture upload.

So, if you guys don't think the size of these images are obnoxious I will post some showing my progress and Floyd's current condition.

Fred
Old 01-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Kentucky Chapter Member

EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabieber View Post
Success with picture upload.

So, if you guys don't think the size of these images are obnoxious I will post some showing my progress and Floyd's current condition.

Fred
Looks good to me.

I've noticed the same thing. My camera takes "smaller" pictures than the phone. In my case it could be because my camera is old. Only 2.0MP.

I use Paint Shop Pro to reduce the size of everything I post on FTE to 640 wide by whatever it works out to be tall. You should be able do the same thing with most any picture editor.

Kentucky Chapter Member
Old 01-28-2014, 11:21 PM
Floyd's Servant '55 F100

The clip removal really was not difficult. I wish I would have removed it earlier which would have made the frame component cleaning a lot easier.

If someone is about to remove a clip and needs some specific questions answered let me know before my 67 year old brain forgets what I did.

The picture of the left cowl rust shows the only deep rust Floyd has. I don't know how to fix this sort of thing and since it is nearly unnoticeable when the fender is on I intend to just kill the rust on the cowl and on the cab mount inside and leave it. I will only drive Floyd on non rainy days and he will always be garaged so the rust should not get worse.

I really want to thank all of you who encouraged me and helped me on the clip removal.
This process was something I have never done before and my apprehension exceeded the actual difficulty.

As progress marches on I will post again.

Fred
Old 01-28-2014, 11:21 PM