General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.
View Poll Results: What did you think of the new Ren and Stimpy
I liked it better than the old ones
0%
I like the old ones beter ones.
52.38%
I didnt watch it.
47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

New Ren and Stimpy on TNN

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 09:37 PM
Monster 78 F-150 4X4
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who watched the new Ren and Stimpy on TNN. What did you think of it. I thought it was ok but the old ren and stimpy was better (funnier and better story line) They would be better to re-run the old ones from the early 90's. Just my .02

Old 06-27-2003, 09:48 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was a huge fan of the old series. I didnt get a chance to catch the new one, but I wasnt expecting much (unfortunately). The creater, John Kricfalusi had another cartoon on (the Ripping Friends) on Cartoon network...and it was total crap. Im still hoping that someone smartens up and puts the old series on dvd. That would be great.

Rich

Old 06-27-2003, 10:12 PM
Ironbelly
Senior User

The first Ren & Stimpy I ever saw was "Stimpy's Big Day"+ "The Big Shot". That's one of the best ones. I thought my ribs were broken.

Hey WheelMA1,
On E-bay, I saw a DVD of All 86 episodes, re-including deleted scenes and one episode banned from TV called "Man's Best Friend". It was up to about 80 bucks so I bowwed out of the bidding.

Old 06-27-2003, 10:50 PM
mikemc
Elder User

I was really disappointed. I thought it would be extra gross with a bit of language and instead it put an unwelcome spin on their relationship. You know what I mean if you saw it.

Old 06-28-2003, 10:56 AM
DainBramage
Posting Guru

IMO -- Whoever is doing the voices, sucks.
What's with the homosexual overtones. And the spitoon was, well, just not what I expected. Where's all the senseless Ren on Stimpy violence and rage that I loved?

I didn't watch the whole thing, I lost interest. I doubt I'll watch much of it, it seems to suck compared to the original. And to think, there's a whole generation that was too young to see it the first time, and is gonna think this is what it's all about.

Oh, and while I'm on a childhood cartoon tangent, what the heck did they do to the Transformers? I saw that they are making it again, so I had to take a look. After about 30 seconds of watching what was obviously Japanamation or whatever it's called, I was waiting for Peekachoo or whatever the heck the little yellow critter is to wander through a scene.

Have we just given up on the concept of good cartoons for kids to watch? I would hope that if I have kids, I don't have to teach them advanced Japanese and extensive abstract art to watch Saturday morning cartoons. And whatever happened to the bland, non-sexual female characters. Most of the females in these things seem to be modeled after Hooters girls now, and dressed to match. Just what I want my kid watching.

Reason #947 why I don't reproduce.

Old 06-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Are we... Going to have to slap them?!??"

" MAY - BEEE...."

(sic)

Old 07-02-2003, 06:17 AM
Indiana Trucker
Senior User

Originally posted by mikemc
I was really disappointed. I thought it would be extra gross with a bit of language and instead it put an unwelcome spin on their relationship. You know what I mean if you saw it.

Good I thought I was the only one who noticed that. For some reason I had never thought of Ren and Stimpy as gay

If the first episode is any indication of the rest of them I will pass. I loved the old ones (Especially the Happy happy joy joy one! if'n you ain't the granddaddy of all liars)

I also seen part of "Striperella". I think I will pass on that one too. I have never seen what made Pam Anderson hot. And it seems to me to be just a ripoff of Bob and Tom's "Shirtless girl"

Old 07-02-2003, 07:32 AM
Caddy 53
Senior User

Personally I won't watch the channel.I feel that since it was bought from the Nashville Network.about 2 yr ago it has become one of the biggest pieces of trash on TV..CMT took over a more active roll of Country music But 90% of that is not country just POP MUsic. CMT has way to many reruns of the same so called "specials".
Sorry I vented My feelings on you guy's but The Networks don't listen .
Caddy 53 chuck

Old 07-02-2003, 07:54 AM
Monster 78 F-150 4X4
Elder User

I dont watch it much also. After the switch over it has been a lot of crap. I mostly watch the car and truck shows on sunday especialy Trucks also TNN took off the Dukes of Hazard I loved that show I watched it every day. If they take off the car and truck sows and or WWF or (WWE what ever you want to call it) we should all convoy down there with our trucks and run over the producers cars and start a riot. Sound like a plan to you????

Old 07-02-2003, 08:49 AM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Received 335 Likes on 203 Posts

The "New TNN" is trash. You can't even let the kids watch wrestling anymore. Even the car shows on Sunday morning have that bimbo biker chick doing the intros. It's ridiculous. What ever happened to the good stuff like the PBR tour and all those quality shows?

Old 07-02-2003, 09:00 AM
Aggie03
New User

I saw one episode and was not impressed. It seems the writer has lost his creativity and the blantant homosexual references are stupid and take away from the show. Is it really important for the shows success to have those references because I also do not remember any of the old ones to be like that.

Best episode was the one with "THE BIG RED BUTTON!!!"

Old 07-02-2003, 12:02 PM
Indiana Trucker
Senior User

Originally posted by Caddy 53
Personally I won't watch the channel.I feel that since it was bought from the Nashville Network.about 2 yr ago it has become one of the biggest pieces of trash on TV..CMT took over a more active roll of Country music But 90% of that is not country just POP MUsic. CMT has way to many reruns of the same so called "specials".
Sorry I vented My feelings on you guy's but The Networks don't listen .
Caddy 53 chuck

I agree 100% Caddie. The only reason I even tuned in that night was that I seen Ren and Stimpy was back on there.

I used to love the old TNN. I watched it constantly.

I hate that trucks show they have on their. That guy who hosts the show "Stacy" I can't stand him. If they got a different host I might tune in.

Old 07-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Targus
FIX YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!

I saw it and had to turn it off.
It just made me sick to see what they did to Ren and Stimpy.
I really loved the old ones.

Old 07-02-2003, 01:49 PM
Andysutt
Postmaster

I kinda caught the show... I was busy at the time, but from what I heard, I enjoy the old series better.
I still have the "farting" Ren and Stimpy dolls that I got when I was a kid. They are put up in the closet